Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Who was it who claimed a transfer window was going to "blow our socks off", which became a forum catchphrase for a while?  I can imagine 11/10 filling that gap left since that fell out of fashion.

It was Freddie Shepherd on Damien Duff.

Could be that arbitration is either under way or imminent and the delay in releasing this “bomb” via the press is a negotiating tactic to apply pressure to the PL.

NDM has always maintained that these things are best settled outside of court/arbitration.

54 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye, I'm basing my guess on the fact he basically says as much in tweet above...pretty significant if true.

Did we not all know about this breakaway it was touted for months 

MBS is doing a rare TV interview right now. On all Saudi channels naturally.. for those beoutq customers. Will keep you posted. Don't know arab like but my senses will tell me if he confirms the takeover or Luke Edwards' execution. 

Edited by junkhead

Surely the last thing we want for the takeover is for the Premier League to clean up their act, sack Masters and Co and appoint some bastions of moral integrity, because then they'll not be willing to turn a blind eye to the fact that, let's be honest, no matter what shell company is used our de facto owner will be a journalist murdering, Yemini bombing, Bein pirating dictator?  We need a happy medium between corrupt enough to wave through MBS owning a Premier League club for finacial reasons, but not quite corrupt enough to let the Big Six and the Qatar whisper in their ear to block it for footballing or political reasons.

1 minute ago, BlueStar said:

Surely the last thing we want for the takeover is for the Premier League to clean up their act, sack Master and Co and appoint some bastions of moral integrity, because then they'll not be willing to turn a blind eye to the fact that, let's be honest, no matter what shell company is used our de facto owner will be a journalist murdering, Yemini bombing, Bein pirating dictator?  We need a happy medium between corrupt enough to wave through MBS owning a Premier League club for finacial reasons, but not quite corrupt enough to let the Big Six and the Qatar whisper in their ear to block it for footballing or political reasons.

Boris could be free soon. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

So what did they say on the three amigos thing? Did they say what the bombshell was??

Wasn’t the 3 amigos, Kennedy is waiting for the green light to go to print. He and that Keith said it’s been checked (by the legal bodies I presume)

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Wasn’t the 3 amigos, Kennedy is waiting for the green light to go to print. He and that Keith said it’s been checked (by the legal bodies I presume)

Thanks mate. Was there any mention of what it was that is going to print though?