Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm firmly in camp gobshite camp now like, if I wasn't already. At one point I wondered if there was something quite deliberate about his whole shtick, and he may have been in/directly involved with some representatives from the consortium, but that just seems far too far-fetched given how he carries himself. I don't know why these business/legal behemoths would get into partnership with some emoji diarrhoea Twitter personality who stokes angst and arguments among other Twitter personalities. What's the point? Even if he had happened across some nugget, you'd handle it discretely unless you were absolutely gagging for some attention/using it to promote some other message. 

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm firmly in camp gobshite camp now like, if I wasn't already. At one point I wondered if there was something quite deliberate about his whole shtick, and he may have been in/directly involved with some representatives from the consortium, but that just seems far too far-fetched given how he carries himself. I don't know why these business/legal behemoths would get into partnership with some emoji diarrhoea Twitter personality who stokes angst and arguments among other Twitter personalities. What's the point? Even if he had happened across some nugget, you'd handle it discretely unless you were absolutely gagging for some attention/using it to promote some other message. 

Feels a lot like he's just waiting for any story to break now and he's just going to go "yeah that was it" I think. 

19 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Same sentiments as I don't think he means any harm, but it's just poorly thought out. I also think basing feelings on following someone's tweets will ultimately lead to people feeling more disappointed. There hasn't been any takeover information of note for months, but every now and then he drops some cryptic teaser in. 

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

get this guy to fuck now. He’s had his 15 minutes 

Aye, just bloody tedious and frankly childish now. "I know something but I'm not gonna tell you har har har. Also someone else on twitter is a knob!"

Whatever, mate. Bloke's in his own little world. Couldn't give a shite about you or who on twitter you don't like. 

Should have kept it under wraps if indeed he has anything to keep rather than “I’ve got big news but I can’t tell you” shite. He’s just coming across as another Twitter fantasist/bullshit merchant. 

Guest HTT II

The sad thing is this KP bloke is the least embarrassing of our so-called ‘media’ fans and he is embarrassingly embarrising. Leave the takeover stuff to the professionals people. This cringe makes Mike Ashley look Uber professional as a football club owner, that’s how bad he is.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Unlucky Luque said:

Ashamed to say that despite my better judgmenet, it did peak my interest and reel me back in again ever so slightly. I'm just that desperate to feel something for this club.

Guess it's exile for me again. Tara for now.

I’m 100% confident a takeover will happen to our club in the next 12 months (whoever that is under), my advice just ignore all the hot air, media fans and gutter press shite because we will only ever hear  (know) it’s done, when it’s official, something MA himself has said and the only true thing he’ll ever get right since he’s been our owner when that does eventually happen. Hang in there!

Edited by HTT II

Tells you a lot about the region and the desperation for something to happen when you look at what has happened over the past 12 months.  A seemingly forgotten city, region and club that has lost its once bustling promise and excitement. We cling to each news update. And we’re all dreamers and defeatists at the same time....its terrible to see. It’s driving people crazy, people against each other. I hate it. 

talking today to a client at work whos a big Citeh fan, he remembers something about the Saudis last year but coudlnt remember what happened.

He had no idea why it didnt go through, wasnt aware its still being touted and hadnt heard of the court case.

Tells you everything about how regionalised this hope is.

23 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Tells you a lot about the region and the desperation for something to happen when you look at what has happened over the past 12 months.  A seemingly forgotten city, region and club that has lost its once bustling promise and excitement. We cling to each news update. And we’re all dreamers and defeatists at the same time....its terrible to see. It’s driving people crazy, people against each other. I hate it. 

:thup: 

23 minutes ago, Kanji said:

and the only time anybody out side this region cares is when something may end all that.

Seemed to pick up recently, lot of worried trolling from anti-takeover types seemed to be a case of protesting too much to many of us who weren't thinking anything was happening, but back to nowt again it seems.

Billy Joel could write another We Didn't Start The Fire about stuff that's happened since this all started.

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

The Keith guy is selling merch ffs, lost the plot.

Self interest, self serving, anyone who aligns themselves with fucking that gobshite cringe fest Wraith knacker should send alarm bells ringing...

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Jinky Jim said:

I take it you don’t like wraith[emoji38]

Anyone that tries to profit out of something that should be a passion of love, of the heart, of the soul, which is our beloved club which is all inclusive to all freely, is as much as a greedy self interested self serving cunt as much as the likes of Ashley is. A mercenary in fact. He’d be the same if he followed any club. So, no, I don’t like him or his kind... same applies to The Mag creator and other fucking dead ends in it (‘supporting’) a football club for their own financial gain/self promotion. 

Edited by HTT II

It happens everywhere and in any topic. Self serving profiteers. The best thing about Newcastle United has always been the passion and unnerving love for the collective. The roar of the crowd when St Maxi is taking people on, the roar when our defense or GK make a crucial stop. It’s the group. It’s always been the group. This past 12 months has ruined all of that. We are finding no joy anywhere 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Couldn't put it better and that's including here with the digs. Surely everyone is pretty much desperate for something (not including the anti-Saudi folks which is fair enough). Our fanbase is the most splintered going and has been for years, there are too many factions which is such a shame.

Edited by et tu brute