Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Anyone that tries to profit out of something that should be a passion of love, of the heart, of the soul, which is our beloved club which is all inclusive to all freely, is as much as a greedy self interested self serving cunt as much as the likes of Ashley is. A mercenary in fact. He’d be the same if he followed any club. So, no, I don’t like him or his kind... same applies to The Mag creator and other fucking dead ends in it (‘supportimg’) a football club for their own financial gain/self promotion. 

Does this mean you won't be buying a t shirt? 

The fellas who used to write for True Faith back in the paper days were worse. They styled themselves on being the coolest football fans in history. Articles on shoes and jackets were common and every article heading had to be a Joy Division or Clash reference. Drenched in working class self-pity but sophisticated and stylish at the same time. Dirty finger nails but tidy Paul Weller haircuts. It was a midlife crisis in print form.

I’d much rather hang out with Keith and the vicar. 

10 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

The fellas who used to write for True Faith back in the paper days were worse. They styled themselves on being the coolest football fans in history. Articles on shoes and jackets were common and every article heading had to be a Joy Division or Clash reference. Drenched in working class self-pity but sophisticated and stylish at the same time. Dirty finger nails but tidy Paul Weller haircuts. It was a midlife crisis in print form.

I’d much rather hang out with Keith and the vicar. 

I quickly got sick of reading it when I was in my early teens.

Every time they mentioned a match they went too, they had to hark on about clashes between our hooligan firms. If it was about a club we had no history with, it was mentioning their hooligans.

I remember one time there was someone who went to an MLS match and they tried to draw parallels between their ultras and hooligans.

It’s just a bunch of middle aged cunts who are obsessed with hooliganism just spunking off over and glorifying it.

Edited by Stifler

Guest HTT II
39 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Does this mean you won't be buying a t shirt? 

I wouldn’t fucking buy a bottle of water off them stranded in a desert, or a life jacket while drowning!

I think because the space is really huge, people some time cant grasp how huge the space is. It's so huge it can fit many satellit in its huge space. The hugely of the space is mind blowingly huge.

10 hours ago, HTT II said:

Anyone that tries to profit out of something that should be a passion of love, of the heart, of the soul, which is our beloved club which is all inclusive to all freely, is as much as a greedy self interested self serving cunt as much as the likes of Ashley is. A mercenary in fact. He’d be the same if he followed any club. So, no, I don’t like him or his kind... same applies to The Mag creator and other fucking dead ends in it (‘supporting’) a football club for their own financial gain/self promotion. 

Amen 

7 hours ago, veriaqa said:

I think because the space is really huge, people some time cant grasp how huge the space is. It's so huge it can fit many satellit in its huge space. The hugely of the space is mind blowingly huge.

Alreet Galileo

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

So what is the actual current state of this?

The takeover collapsed nine months ago when the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia formally withdrew their bid to acquire the club. 

No developments since then - will keep you in the loop if anything changes :thup:

Edited by IMTTS

2 minutes ago, IMTTS said:

The takeover collapsed nine months ago when the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia formally withdrew their bid to acquire the club. 

No developments since then - will keep you in the loop if anything changes :thup:

There's also going to be a big bomb dropping (yesterday) which will blow the whole thing wide open. 

On the minute possibility something meaningful happens we'll unlock the takeover threads. In the mean time I think it's best for folks' sanity that we have a short breather. :lol:

It's bank holiday weekend, folks, and the sun's coming out. Lerdsa footbaal as well. Enjoy. 

Thank you for unlocking this, there is really nothing but the hope of this thread. Games come and go, managers and players will too, but until Ashley departs we cannot claim the soul of our club. It doesn’t even matter who argues with whom, just that small twinkle of hope is sufficient. To dream is the essence of our love of this hallowed club.

I am so happy this thread is back open!

Queue the rumours 

Interesting tweet here and the likes!!

Jamie Reuben, Mehrdad, Carla Dibello and PIF have liked it

Edited by DurhamMag
Added content

6 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

None of them have liked it.

Yes your right, I read the page wrong!! Oh bloody hell sorry guys.

I thought the part underneath the tweet was how had liked it..