Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It wasn't THE evidence. It was stuff that was in the public domain already and the only stuff he was allowed to talk about.

He made that abundantly clear. However, twist it whichever way you seem fit to construe your narrative.

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

It wasn't THE evidence. It was stuff that was in the public domain already and the only stuff he was allowed to talk about.

He made that abundantly clear. However, twist it whichever way you seem fit to construe your narrative.

Totally agree Rocker - he’s not exactly going to come out with all the documents when there is a legal case pending - what he showed was a mere snippet.

2 hours ago, Rocker said:

Whatever you think of Keith or his motives he commenced the legals under anti competition legislation. The club have now decided to take over the reins. I’m sure the clubs legals will have reviewed the ‘evidence, that Keith has compiled and decided that there is merit in proceeding.

Clearly the snippets that Keith used in the podcast are in the public domain and were used merely to illustrate how lawyers would cross exam anyone giving evidence to the tribunal.

All we can do is wait, hopefully the PL will not contest the action and allow the takeover to go ahead. Should this fail the club is fucked.

Edited by FloydianMag

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Pack it in with the wait pish we know we need to wait. We’ve been waiting for a year and half. It’s all we’ve been doing 

All we can do is WAIT, some on here do not seem to realise or accept that.

Hence, the message has to be repeated, sometimes.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

All we can do is WAIT, some on here do not seem to realise or accept that.

Hence, the message has to be repeated, sometimes.

It really doesn’t. Even if they don’t believe it’s happening everyone to a man knows we need to wait for the outcome 

3 hours ago, gdm said:

It really doesn’t. Even if they don’t believe it’s happening everyone to a man knows we need to wait for the outcome 

I wish that was the case. So many times people post that "because of the delay" . . . nothing is happening, the deal has fallen through, it's all over live-with-it, etc. That is NOT waiting!!

51 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Wait rather than taking some form of action against Ashley?

Did you not hear Keith? “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”. (I’m not taking the piss, he makes a valid point)

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Wait rather than taking some form of action against Ashley?

Ashley is our friend, our very best friend, right now.

Difficult to take?

Yes indeed, but we need him on our side to get this takeover done, so definitely NO action to be taken against Ashley.

19 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

He's not on our side. He's on his side. He's getting a cool £300 million for selling us. Yes us. We are the value in the club, and he is selling us to the highest bidder.

Wrong, simply wrong.

Right now, we need him.

Edited by manorpark

5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I know. Like a slave needs his owner, as nobody else can sell them. That doesn't mean he's on our side.

The extremely unpalatable reality is, that he IS on our side, very much so.

I'm sure he doesn't like it either !!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

If this thing ever does go through, my only feeling about Mike Ashley will remain "fuck Mike Ashley, fatally".

Wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks he will be seen as the saviour if it does. There was talk of him keeping his executive box and I wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks he could go back to the days when he first took ownership of the club and return to mixing and drinking with the support. Bloke is a grade A cunt who has given us years of utter misery and this should never be forgotten or forgiven.

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks he will be seen as the saviour if it does. There was talk of him keeping his executive box and I wouldn’t be surprised if he thinks he could go back to the days when he first took ownership of the club and return to mixing and drinking with the support. Bloke is a grade A cunt who has given us years of utter misery and this should never be forgotten or forgiven.

Apparently his family love attending games particularly his mother

Mad how people think Ashley is “on our side”. Absolutely not. He’s on his own side, like normal. The only reason Ashley wants this to go through is for himself.

Making himself out to he some kind of saviour when he’s had ample opportunity to sell before.

Also - it does a great job of ignoring the lack of progression on the pitch. Yesterday a tinpot club won the FA Cup, 5 years after winning the PL. This season, we’ve watched Bruceball. Not a protest in sight.