Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We debated this loads yesterday, it seems to me the PL rule is there to account for people who are legally separate but actually have influence. Otherwise there's no point in that clause.

You could be legally separate but still have control through informal channels. Obvs this rule is a nightmare of interpretation and (AFAIK) has basically never ever been applied before. So it's still massively open to corruption.

If that's the case, does anyone know if Keith Bishop has passed the O&Ds test?

So Keith is now effectively saying that he doesnt think the club will win the arbitration case....."we won't get the takeover without the CAT action". Another subtle change in tune then. Marvellous.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So Keith is now effectively saying that he doesnt think the club will win the arbitration case....."we won't get the takeover without the CAT action". Another subtle change in tune then. Marvellous.

He’s full of shit. 

What gets me is like, what does it matter if Keith thinks we'll win it or not, how the fuck would he know? All this going off peoples feelings. I don't want to be negative but still think this has been dead for a long time and I kinda hate to see how many people are strung along by it, but I hope I'm wrong. It's all a bit reading tea leaves though, oooh this bloke reckons premier league have no chance, but wait candice from Hexham says she has seen a ghost in a mirror saying the premier league will cave

Guest HTT II

They are all gobshites, again anyone half decent wouldn't even breath in the same space as Wraith. Fucking hell man, I trust Ashley more than these lot :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Wandy said:

:ronaldo:

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

You are massively taking that out of context. He has always maintained that the quickest way to get it is through the CAT case. He did not say he expected the arbitration to go the Premier Leagues way. What was said is that from the recent extension from the judge is that the Premier Leagues lawyers are trying to push the arbitration date back again hence why he thinks the CAT is a better route as everything would be out in the open unlike arbitration. 

4 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

You are massively taking that out of context. He has always maintained that the quickest way to get it is through the CAT case. He did not say he expected the arbitration to go the Premier Leagues way. What was said is that from the recent extension from the judge is that the Premier Leagues lawyers are trying to push the arbitration date back again hence why he thinks the CAT is a better route as everything would be out in the open unlike arbitration. 

The cat case could take years 

3 hours ago, Tiresias said:

What gets me is like, what does it matter if Keith thinks we'll win it or not, how the fuck would he know? All this going off peoples feelings. I don't want to be negative but still think this has been dead for a long time and I kinda hate to see how many people are strung along by it, but I hope I'm wrong. It's all a bit reading tea leaves though, oooh this bloke reckons premier league have no chance, but wait candice from Hexham says she has seen a ghost in a mirror saying the premier league will cave

How can it be dead? [emoji38]

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

The cat case could take years 

Really? Source please...

Because I read on their site it's usually only take 6 to 9 moths to resolve...

How long does the process take?

Cases before the Tribunal often raise complicated issues and may involve a significant number of parties so it may be difficult to know at the outset how long a particular case will last. However the Tribunal does seek to manage the cases tightly and, in general aims, to complete “straightforward” cases in less than nine months.

A claim for damages brought pursuant to Section 47A of the 1998 Act may be subject to the fast-track procedure (“FTP”). The FTP is a particular procedure intended to enable less complex claims to be brought, in particular by individuals and small businesses, and decided quickly with limited risk as to costs. In any case subject to the FTP, the final hearing will be fixed to take place as soon as practicable and in any event within six months.

And again people try to ignore hard facts so they can be negative, negative for the sake of negative itself. Defense mechanism? Who knows?

And one poster before said that he believe the takeover is dead. Base on what? It's clearly said in the CAT case one of the things Ashley wants is about the takeover (beside of course compo - because we know Ashley loves money). Why Ashley demand the PL to change its ODT decision if the deal is dead?

People in this board :smh:

4 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Candice from Hexham? Try big Mike from Hertfordshire who wants his £340m.

I can’t foresee a scenario where the PL give in and basically admit to bring wrong/corrupt. Or a scenario where they have cocked up and left themselves wide open to a case like this being successful.

The only hope for the takeover imo (as journalists have said) is a positive outcome through arbitration. Either settling it outside of the process through Saudi’s taking action on piracy, or the unlikely event of arbitration going our way.

At least it appears to be nearing a conclusion, one way or the other. Hopefully it goes our way but I just can’t see it.

53 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I can’t foresee a scenario where the PL give in and basically admit to bring wrong/corrupt. Or a scenario where they have cocked up and left themselves wide open to a case like this being successful.

The only hope for the takeover imo (as journalists have said) is a positive outcome through arbitration. Either settling it outside of the process through Saudi’s taking action on piracy, or the unlikely event of arbitration going our way.

At least it appears to be nearing a conclusion, one way or the other. Hopefully it goes our way but I just can’t see it.

If it does go through, it'll be interesting to see whether part of the agreement is that they pretend none of this ever happened and Amanda comes out and says Richard Masters is lush or if the bad blood will remain for a long time.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

This is like poker. NUFC got its cards, so do the PL.

I hope that NUFC cards (proves) is so good it will beat that whatever the PL cards. Or force the PL to fold.

If you think this is not possible (i.e : the PL will always win whatever proves NUFC have), then I have a big question about British judicial system.

4 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

This is like poker. NUFC got its cards, so do the PL.

I hope that NUFC cards (proves) is so good it will beat that whatever the PL cards. Or force the PL to fold.

If you think this is not possible (i.e : the PL will always win whatever proves NUFC have), then I have a big question about British judicial system.

Like every other institution, it'll be bent as fuck. Just as Keith said last night, the biggest worry is that the arbitration panel are bought and paid for. I've the same concerns for any of our legal ventures.

2 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Like every other institution, it'll be bent as fuck. Just as Keith said last night, the biggest worry is that the arbitration panel are bought and paid for. I've the same concerns for any of our legal ventures.

I tought corruption only exist in third world country. European people always portray their country as squeaky clean, with corruption index etc.

I didnt know that your legal system is bent too. :lol:

Now NUFC only hope is for the Saudi to buy out your entire legal system then.

9 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

I tought corruption only exist in third world country. European people always portray their country as squeaky clean, with corruption index etc.

I didnt know that your legal system is bent too. :lol:

Now NUFC only hope is for the Saudi to buy out your entire legal system then.

The whole world is corrupt bud.