Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Ben said:

I'm hoping this is just a continuation of their stalling tactic, hopefully it's all they have.

I suppose they need to show this for their BEIN sponsors as well. 

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

And yet the PL with all this supposedly to lose, continue to stand firm and refuse to settle. 

They're currently challenging jurisdiction, that is a get out of jail free card for them if it's successful.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to settle until after the outcome of the jurisdiction challenge is known, but it would make a lot of sense for them to settle at that point if the challenge is not successful.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

They're currently challenging jurisdiction, that is a get out of jail free card for them if it's successful.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to settle until after the outcome of the jurisdiction challenge is known, but it would make a lot of sense for them to settle at that point if the challenge is not successful.

Let's hope that jurisdiction goes our way then. 

Aye Ben Jacobs did a Q&A this morning for an hour on Wraith's podcast, was pretty interesting. He seems to think the BeIn letter isnt important but did mention that NUFC should try and delay arbitration in july until after disclosure phase of Ashleys claim. If arbitration is sorted before disclosure then it wont effect sale he reckons as PIF will be long gone

18 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Aye Ben Jacobs did a Q&A this morning for an hour on Wraith's podcast, was pretty interesting. He seems to think the BeIn letter isnt important but did mention that NUFC should try and delay arbitration in july until after disclosure phase of Ashleys claim. If arbitration is sorted before disclosure then it wont effect sale he reckons as PIF will be long gone

Well disclosure will take place early June I understand so there’s still time before arbitration is due to commence in late July. I guess by late June things might be a little clearer although I doubt anyone other than the lawyers will know what’s actually happening. 

Sorry if I've missed something but is Ben Jacobs some kind of law buff? 

Feel like we hang on his every word as almost gospel, yet I'm not sure how or why he is so involved in any of this other than being a shady fucker who worked for Bein a while ago.

5 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Sorry if I've missed something but is Ben Jacobs some kind of law buff? 

Feel like we hang on his every word as almost gospel, yet I'm not sure how or why he is so involved in any of this other than being a shady fucker who worked for Bein a while ago.

No, just a journalist with connection to Qatar/BeIN, and the Premier League.

Just now, Stifler said:

No, just a journalist with connection to Qatar/BeIN, and the Premier League.

Assumed there must've been some other reason, because I'm honestly baffled why he has an opinion on any of this.

Maybe knackers on twitter keep asking him stuff and give his ramblings credence?

Just now, NE27 said:

Assumed there must've been some other reason, because I'm honestly baffled why he has an opinion on any of this.

Maybe knackers on twitter keep asking him stuff and give his ramblings credence?

Keeps spouting stuff about the takeover because he knows our fans react to him, before this saga he was a journalist no one had known much about except from the time the BBC said he isn’t fit to be a journalist.

Bruce loves money just like Ashley. I'm sure the Saudis can pay him more than he can earn anywhere else should he need another job. Give his some pocket change and perhaps a nice holiday villa in the Middle East. Plus a pair of tickets to a boxing fight in the Saudis too and he'll leave with his head held high (in his mind)

8 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

If Amanda takes charge Rafa will be moving his stuff back in before Doubtfire’s even got the mini-fridge unplugged. Guarantee you. 

Doubt the fridge is mini, more like double storey walk in 

2 hours ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Fucking prick reporters know fuck all about the process or what is or isn't going on.

15 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Is this a version of the kermit the frog song or am I missing something?

I think you’ll find it was Robin not Kermit. Jeez, get your frogs sorted!