Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think we will now hear anything at all until around june 11th when we find out about Premier League's response to Ashleys CAT deadline and whether they have successfully thrown the case out due to a technicality or must proceed and give disclosure 

35 minutes ago, Jawdaw said:

I hate to bring this up but Nic the photographic baker mentioned September in one of his cryptic tweets a while back.

I think it's fair to say that he's either a WUM, a boring twat, or both.

1 hour ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I don't think we will now hear anything at all until around june 11th when we find out about Premier League's response to Ashleys CAT deadline and whether they have successfully thrown the case out due to a technicality or must proceed and give disclosure 

That's just the deadline for the submission of the PL's jurisdiction case, I think it'll be at least a couple weeks after that before we hear whether it's been successful or not. It's probably going to be very quiet for the next month at least.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

2 months off lads .

Recharge ya batteries and chill out

Yeah right !!

Things will be happening a lot sooner than that, as this Takeover gets finally sorted.

No "2 months off" for NUFC supporters, I'm afraid.

Edited by manorpark

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yeah right !!

Things will be happening a lot sooner than that, as this Takeover gets finally sorted.

No "2 months off" for NUFC supporters, I'm afraid.

Not a chance this is done within 2 months :lol:

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not a chance this is done within 2 months :lol:

There is, of course, a chance that it will be done in the next 2 months, however that is not what I said.

Things will be happening over the next two months, we all know that, so there is no chance of the "two months off" that GWN mentioned, happening for NUFC supporters!

Edited by manorpark

Thank god we have the Euros as a bit of a distraction otherwise we would all be sitting dissecting bread photos for a few months before BruceyBall MK3 kicks into gear.

I'm probably gonna give this section of the forum a larger wide-berth than usual this summer. Let's hope we have something positive to discuss come new season.

I was really in we will get takeover camp for a while. Not anymore we don't need to sugercoat things we are against the odds lets wait and see but anyone who thinks takeover will be completed soon is deluded.

33 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I was really in we will get takeover camp for a while. Not anymore we don't need to sugercoat things we are against the odds lets wait and see but anyone who thinks takeover will be completed soon is deluded.

Genuinely believe it’ll be half way in to next season before we get a definitive answer 

35 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

What’s your definition of “Soon”……if you mean next few weeks, then I would agree, but there is every chance of the takeover in the coming months….obviously depending on the outcome of CAT and/or Arbitration 

This is the rule that the PL are challenging.

Disputing the Tribunal’s jurisdiction
34.—(1) A defendant who wishes to—
(a) dispute the Tribunal’s jurisdiction to hear the claim; or
(b) argue that the Tribunal should not exercise its jurisdiction,
may apply to the Tribunal for an order declaring that it has no such jurisdiction or should not exercise any jurisdiction which it might have.
(2) A defendant who wishes to make such an application shall first file an acknowledgment of service in accordance with rule 33.
(3) A defendant who files an acknowledgment of service does not by doing so lose any right it may have to dispute the Tribunal’s jurisdiction and does not need to file a defence before the hearing of its application under this rule.
(4) An application under this rule shall—
(a) be made within 14 days after filing an acknowledgment of service; and (b) be supported by evidence.
(5) If the defendant—
(a) files an acknowledgment of service; and
(b) does not make an application within the period specified in paragraph (4),
the defendant is to be treated as having accepted that the Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear the claim.
(6) An order containing a declaration that the Tribunal has no jurisdiction or will not exercise its jurisdiction may also make further provision as to the disposal or stay of the proceedings.
(7) If on an application under this rule the Tribunal does not make a declaration under paragraph (6), the Tribunal shall give directions regarding the future conduct of the proceedings.

Any legal buffs got any idea why the judge might side with them?

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

This is the rule that the PL are challenging.

Disputing the Tribunal’s jurisdiction
34.—(1) A defendant who wishes to—
(a) dispute the Tribunal’s jurisdiction to hear the claim; or
(b) argue that the Tribunal should not exercise its jurisdiction,
may apply to the Tribunal for an order declaring that it has no such jurisdiction or should not exercise any jurisdiction which it might have.
(2) A defendant who wishes to make such an application shall first file an acknowledgment of service in accordance with rule 33.
(3) A defendant who files an acknowledgment of service does not by doing so lose any right it may have to dispute the Tribunal’s jurisdiction and does not need to file a defence before the hearing of its application under this rule.
(4) An application under this rule shall—
(a) be made within 14 days after filing an acknowledgment of service; and (b) be supported by evidence.
(5) If the defendant—
(a) files an acknowledgment of service; and
(b) does not make an application within the period specified in paragraph (4),
the defendant is to be treated as having accepted that the Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear the claim.
(6) An order containing a declaration that the Tribunal has no jurisdiction or will not exercise its jurisdiction may also make further provision as to the disposal or stay of the proceedings.
(7) If on an application under this rule the Tribunal does not make a declaration under paragraph (6), the Tribunal shall give directions regarding the future conduct of the proceedings.

Any legal buffs got any idea why the judge might side with them?

Because Section X of the EPL rules provides for arbitration as the exclusive forum for resolving disputes between a club and the league. 

Agreement to Arbitrate

X.2. Membership of the League shall constitute an agreement in writing between the League and Clubs and between each Club for the purposes of section 5 of the Act in the following terms:

X.2.1. to submit all disputes which arise between them (including in the case of a Relegated Club any dispute between it and a Club or the League, the cause of action of which arose while the Relegated Club was a member of the League), whether arising out of these Rules or otherwise, to final and binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Act and this Section of these Rules;

X.2.2. that the seat of each such arbitration shall be in England and Wales;

X.2.3. that the issues in each such arbitration shall be decided in accordance with English law; and

X.2.4. that no other system or mode of arbitration will be invoked to resolve any such dispute.

32 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Jesus that last bit is fairly black and white. But then, that's just the PL's rules.

Which court holds more weight?

The CAT case is Mike Ashley V the PL though, not NUFC.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Jesus that last bit is fairly black and white. But then, that's just the PL's rules.

Which court holds more weight?

I can't see how that could affect the jurisdiction of the CAT.

That would be like a rule saying the clubs should only report criminal offences the PL, not the police.

Even if would breach the rule it wouldn't affect the jurisdiction of the police to investigate.

I also think it would probably be an unfair contract term if used in that way to preclude access to the CAT.

Edited by Jackie Broon