Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Yep. If the takeover/legal case falls apart and we're told we're better off with Ashley then that's me done with football as it proves corruption has won and that we'll never ever be allowed to compete at the top again.

Yeah, you can just imagine the shite that will flow from Edwards and co. We’ll be told it was never going to happen and move on. Totally ignoring the bigger picture that we’ve been effectively stopped from competing due to a tv deal and a cartel at the top of English football.

The separation argument is just a smoke screen, even Slater and Jacobs intimate that if Bein was restored and cases dropped things would be different. The whole thing is a charade  and our club has been used as a pawn.

This article shows you exactly why a higher Saudi bid for Champions League rights would have been vetoed in favour of Bein.

https://theathletic.com/news/european-club-association-nasser-paris-saint-germain/thIM9A6OJiQb

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Yeah, you can just imagine the shite that will flow from Edwards and co. We’ll be told it was never going to happen and move on. Totally ignoring the bigger picture that we’ve been effectively stopped from competing due to a tv deal and a cartel at the top of English football.

The separation argument is just a smoke screen, even Slater and Jacobs intimate that if Bein was restored and cases dropped things would be different. The whole thing is a charade  and our club has been used as a pawn.

This article shows you exactly why a higher Saudi bid for Champions League rights would have been vetoed in favour of Bein.

https://theathletic.com/news/european-club-association-nasser-paris-saint-germain/thIM9A6OJiQb

You seem markedly less confident there? Any specific reason? 

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, the closed shop mentality will ultimately lead to their demise for UEFA to appoint that fella with full knowledge of his corruption charges is just plain stupid.

But if they can buy a world cup they can do anything, my only surprise is how quiet the Saudis have been with very little kick back from Qatari threats and accusations.

20 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Would love to know the source of that quote from Ashley saying "get ready within the next month" 

Absolutely preying that's genuine as if so, he's been told something big. 

I suspect its posturing bollocks, expect much more from both sides

7 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

PCP Capital Partners and Reuben Brothers buy the club then deal with PIF later?

Could they not do so with a loan from PIF?

How would that be different from people like those at the mackems, Man Utd and Burnley, buying the clubs with borrowed funds? The PL/EFL don’t ask the lenders to go through the O&D test, do they?

Set the loan with an interest rate of 0% and PIF can use the loan to purchase 80% of shares once this whole faff has been resolved.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

39 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

You seem markedly less confident there? Any specific reason? 

Confident as anyone can be at this point, but annoyed that we’ve been dragged over a year through this shit due to outside influences which should have had no bearing.

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

What do we make of this new "Newcastle" company listed by the Reubens on Companies House? Just something to do with their property plans or takeover related?

The purpose of the business is listed as related to property based on the SIC code.

I conclude they intend to sell a static caravan.

List of activities classified inside the UK SIC Code 68100

• Apartment buildings buying and selling
  • Building sales and purchase
  • Dwellings buying and selling
  • Land buying and selling
  • Real estate buying and selling
  • Real estate owner
  • Static caravan sales

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Friday 5 PM

Not 3.00pm? Not happening...

Edited by HTT II

7 minutes ago, James said:

Turks saying Benitez going to Fenerbahce.

Could well be over

Next 5 years is are going to be great...... new Castore kit, 52,000 screaming Geordies, Lee Charnaz & Justin Barnes enjoying the opening day sunshine, Steve, Steve, Steve & Steve roaming the technical area with Bosman signings making their debuts as we get beat off "great team Arsenal". I cannot wait! :indi:

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Or they have someone else in mind to take charge?

But Liam Kennedy says if Rafa goes elswhere it’s a sign it’s doomed 

11 minutes ago, James said:

Turks saying Benitez going to Fenerbahce.

Could well be over

The Turkish media never get anything right….It’s all like “Teamtalk” or “Football365” over here.

Edited by Jinky Jim

5 hours ago, veriaqa said:

The can getting kicked. At least if the takeover is off, we could go on with our live.

I have a remarkable ability to get on with my life AND monitor takeover news. Although I must admit, I do sometimes worry that excess in my personal life could affect the sale of NUFC.

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

The Turkish media never get anything right….It’s all like “Teamtalk” or “Football365” over here.

Aye for what it’s worth I wouldn’t believe it till something more substantial comes out 

Guest reefatoon
5 hours ago, gdm said:

But Liam Kennedy says if Rafa goes elswhere it’s a sign it’s doomed 

Thought you didn’t believe a word he said? :dontknow: