Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

21 minutes ago, Scoot said:

So what is happening next week? Didnt the premier league apply for an extension to the CAT case until next friday. What happens on friday is what I'm asking?

The PL have to submit their case on why the CAT should be shut down. Don’t expect any news to come of this for at least a few weeks. The judge will have to look over what I presume will be a mountain of paperwork and then the club will also be able to make a case for why it should, but I don’t know what happens there. Maybe someone else can answer that?

Couple of interesting tweets I've seen tonight. Firstly the major dates in the next couple of weeks to look out for :

Secondly, it appears that a plane owned by PIF arrived in London tonight. This probably deserves to go in braindead twitter thread as it it a pretty tedious link

So reading through all the twitter stories if Masters and Hoffman want a back door deal with no exposure, next week could be the time to do it ?

Without doing takeover maths, it good be a reason for Ashleys confidence this weekend. 

God I really fucking hope it happens. I've been pessimistic about the immediate future, but these recent baseless stories with no real information whatsoever have really given me a shot in the arm, cos I'm a desperate sucker. :lol:

But a third season of Bruce? Surely that just can't happen, man. Surely we've repented for whatever it was we did? Surely. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

God I really fucking hope it happens. I've been pessimistic about the immediate future, but these recent baseless stories with no real information whatsoever have really given me a shot in the arm, cos I'm a desperate sucker. :lol:

But a third season of Bruce? Surely that just can't happen, man. Surely we've repented for whatever it was we did? Surely. 

15 months this fucker has been going on now, longer actually. Surely it ends with a positive conclusion.

I can’t stand seeing the big fat arsehole standing there saying how happy he is after a 7-0 defeat at Old Trafford next year either. The bloke is a loser, absolute fucking cretinous loser. 

A few standing questions though has me wondering how the deal could go through. The Saudis walked away didn't they? At least publicly. They coming back? Are Masters/the PL going to just be like 'yeah we'll approve the deal, cba for going through the courts, just put the money back on the table and we'll approve it'? Do the buyers not have to go through the O&D Test again? If the Saudis are involved with the question of who is actually running the club/PIF come up again and be a stumbling block again?

Haven't bothered keeping up with this at all, as you can tell.

I don’t think them coming back to the table is an issue, it is widely accepted that if given the Green light they will be back at the table. 

I struggle to see how it will be settled outside of court now too if I’m honest. They have been preparing for the arbitration now since what, October? Maybe earlier? Just seems as though if there was a chance of settling it would have been done already. 

Edited by Danh1

You really have ignored literally everything, haven’t you? Christ :lol:

PIF pulled away. MA has been given assurances if the league removes the road block, the consortium will return. If the league removes the road block, then it’s likely a simple pass of the test - like the consortium was told a year ago - then you’d assume that’s about it.  The contract, the plan, literally all was ready for an approval, funding, and a close. 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

PIF pulled away. MA has been given assurances if the league removes the road block, the consortium will return. If the league removes the road block, then it’s likely a simple pass of the test - like the consortium was told a year ago - then you’d assume that’s about it.  The contract, the plan, literally all was ready for an approval, funding, and a close. 

I hope you are right.

But i don't think any of us really have a clue.

My take which is probably miles off is Qatar and the big 6 told Masters to not let this happen, they then brought in Hoffman who advised them to do nothing and the Saudis would eventually walk. Ashley was obviously furious and hired lawyers to see if the deal could be restructured.

It looks like he has a strong case based on anti competition laws and the EPL could be liable for Ashley's losses, a deal now needs to be struck where they can save face but also not go through the courts in case sensitive information comes out.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Given the state of the takeover threads and Twitter, can you blame me? :lol: 

Here's hoping then. Cannot take another season of Ashley and Bruce. .com put it best at the end of their Fulham (a) match report;

Today's 90 minutes encapsulated much of what we've exhibited in 38 games this season: a reasonable result but an unconvincing performance that at times verged on the unwatchable.

On the fourteenth anniversary of his gaining a controlling stake in the club, Mike Ashley was present here to witness our highest finish since 2017/18, matching the 45 points collected in 2018/19.

What he thought of that isn't recorded, but it's hard to believe that he derived any more enjoyment than the fans watching from afar: trapped in a loveless marriage, saddled with a club content to exist, never seeking to prosper or actually develop. He can change that.

Anywhere else there would be optimism that this better-than-anticipated finish would signal genuine forward progress next season. Instead though, our own bleak take is that we'll be firmly back along the also-rans.

Something desperately needs to change

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

I hope you are right.

But i don't think any of us really have a clue.

It’s literally what every single journalist has said, but if they have been told incorrectly by the consortium then yes, of course we don’t know. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Given the state of the takeover threads and Twitter, can you blame me? :lol: 

Here's hoping then. Cannot take another season of Ashley and Bruce. .com put it best at the end of their Fulham (a) match report;

Just think it was funny, feel like it’s the most impossible thing to ignore re: NUFC, I’m jealous!!

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Just think it was funny, feel like it’s the most impossible thing to ignore re: NUFC, I’m jealous!!

It’s the only thing I care about at this point.

Couldnt give a fuck who we sign if they’re playing under Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

When we lose arbitration and it officially collapses, it's going to be so fucking cruel.

:alone:

When we win Arbitration, I hope we still continue with the competition case, because that is where the real dirt on the EPL and the Sky Big Six will be exposed . . . for the good of ALL of English Football.

English Football has as much (almost) to gain from this as we in NUFC do.

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

When we win Arbitration, I hope we still continue with the competition case, because that is where the real dirt on the EPL and the Sky Big Six will be exposed . . . for the good of ALL of English Football.

English Football has as much (almost) to gain from this as we in NUFC do.

Yea but fuck the legacy six though, those fuckers should be relegated.

But they won't be because they clearly run the gaff, something proper would have happened to them by now if not.

They tried to murder English football and literally nowt is happening about it. :facepalm: :lol:

Edited by ToonArmy1892