Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

28 minutes ago, Ben said:

, a deal now needs to be struck where they can save face but also not go through the courts in case sensitive information comes out.

I'm of the same opinion but can't envision how that plays out.....   PIF can't just "return" and the PL just applies o&d test and it's passed. That would raise some eyebrows.   

Surely there would have to be some kind of pretence where it's "disclosed" that PL were after abc evidence and PIF were like "oh, we thought you meant xyz, no probs, here you go"

Like i said, don't see how the PL save their reputation here. Maybe they don't. personally i would love to see the fuckers burn.

2 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I'm of the same opinion but can't envision how that plays out.....   PIF can't just "return" and the PL just applies o&d test and it's passed. That would raise some eyebrows.   

Surely there would have to be some kind of pretence where it's "disclosed" that PL were after abc evidence and PIF were like "oh, we thought you meant xyz, no probs, here you go"

Like i said, don't see how the PL save their reputation here. Maybe they don't. personally i would love to see the fuckers burn.

I imagine they will let it pass and then say the fact it took a year shows how robust the O&D test is, everyone's a winner.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Apart from us who had a year extra of Ashley and Bruce.

Be worth it though as really the vast majority of the Ashley ownership has been an absolute gutter. One season of 5th all to show for any level of partial success. Even under Rafa I thought it was mainly shit (I stopped going after the relegation season), as the lack of investment meant that Rafa was usually having to plan with players nowhere near the top of his wanted target. I’ve finally made the decision to not watch any games (even though I can) if Ashley and Bruce are still in charge. Can’t stand another season of just nothingness and no hope.

What do people want first if this really happens? Me, I'd want Bruce to be sacked immediately with some Saudi pocket money and pair of tickets for him to whenever Joshua vS Fury takes place over there and Rafa to come straight back home.

Rafa in with a massive year of changes to the structure and facilities of the club a few players in with probably a couple more if available in January and a big push next summer.

25 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

If they don't sack Bruce straight away they can get to fuck tbh. :lol:

There'd be a morbid fascination in watching him flounder and blunder around, once he's working for an owner who expects him to do his job properly. I think i'd enjoy seeing him crumble under the pressure.

He'd probably resign to save his own fat golf course face. 

"As a supporter I feel its now my turn to enjoy and watch the football that like so many fans have been doing over the last 18 months while I've been at the helm" :icon_puke_r:

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He'll stay on until the first signs of a bad patch. No one wants to come in and immediately sack the manager, it just doesn't happen. 

Yeah. Don’t think it will be about performance though, they’ll want to replace him. But they’ll want to get the right man in, and it’s also about timing. If the takeover goes through in March they’ll probably wait until summer.

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

He'll stay on until the first signs of a bad patch. No one wants to come in and immediately sack the manager, it just doesn't happen. 

Feel like these are slightly different circumstances to most, simply down to the farce of Bruce being in the job at all. He's also only got a year left. Paying him off would be a drop in the ocean. 

Surely there are examples of new owners sacking the current manager straight away.

There is not one reason to keep Bruce here any longer, should never have been here anyway.

Wait for a bad patch, not that we would have to wait long, but what's the point.

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Surely there are examples of new owners sacking the current manager straight away.

There is not one reason to keep Bruce here any longer, should never have been here anyway.

Wait for a bad patch, not that we would have to wait long, but what's the point.

If they have Rafa lined up, it could go fast I guess.

Lots of ifs and buts here but.....

If Rafa is turning other jobs down and waiting for the toon job when the takeover is completed theres no way he would hang about waiting for bruces next 2 in 20.

Rafa has (i hope) been told the job is his the second the takeover is completed.

Guest reefatoon

Definitely. He's busy practicing folding his glasses up in his top pocket ready for that first game of the season.

Edited by reefatoon

12 hours ago, Ben said:

So reading through all the twitter stories if Masters and Hoffman want a back door deal with no exposure, next week could be the time to do it ?

Without doing takeover maths, it good be a reason for Ashleys confidence this weekend. 

If the idea was a backdoor deal with no exposure, then last weeks story printed in the Sun was a strange way to go about it. Someone close to Ashley must be leaking stuff. 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

If the idea was a backdoor deal with no exposure, then last weeks story printed in the Sun was a strange way to go about it. Someone close to Ashley must be leaking stuff. 

Intentionally leaking stuff probably.