Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Wandy said:

On the contrary. We now know for certain that those running the game are in the pocket of six clubs, and therefore those clubs will receive all the assistance they need to maintain their position, wherever possible.

The only people who will know that 'for certain' are Ashley's legal team based on the documentation they have (which nobody has seen). You are not certain and basing it on opinion. Which brings me to the point I made, let the legal teams fight their cases based on actual documentation and arguments that they can present. You're like a rocking chair back and forwards the last few months, just let it play out man. 

Here's the Ryder piece https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-mike-ashley-confident-20777907

Here's the PA piece he's reporting from https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-receives-144421784.html

Mike Ashley has had encouragement ahead of his big legal battle with the Premier League - after Saudi Arabia were taken off the American government’s piracy watchlist. - Ryder

The report, which keeps Saudi Arabia on the US government’s priority watchlist, adds that illicit streaming devices “are widely available and generally unregulated in Saudi Arabia”. - PA

PA are reporting that a £300million Saudi-led takeover should get the green light ahead of his Competition Appeal Tribunal and an arbitration battle penned in for July. - Ryder

The matter is now the subject of arbitration proceedings, with Ashley instructing lawyers last September. Documents related to a separate Competition Appeal Tribunal (CAT) claim by St James Holdings Ltd against the Premier League stated that the arbitration was due to start in July. - PA, not an explicit mention of green light just stating what will happen.

The quotes he's sourced in the article are from the PA one I linked. Not cans in the slightest? 

Edited by nbthree3

Just now, et tu brute said:

The only people who will know that 'for certain' are Ashley's legal team based on the documentation they have (which nobody has seen). You are not certain and basing it on opinion. Which brings me to the point I made, let the legal teams fight their cases based on actual documentation and arguments that they can present. You're like a rocking chair back and forwards the last few months, just let it play out man. 

Not at all bud. And I'm not talking about our legal case and how strong it is, or what Ashley has on them in terms of how the PL have dealt with us. I'm simply referring to the levels of corruption within the halls of power of the PL. If you can't see that after today's "punishment" for those clubs then I don't know what else I can say really.

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not at all bud. And I'm not talking about our legal case and how strong it is, or what Ashley has on them in terms of how the PL have dealt with us. I'm simply referring to the levels of corruption within the halls of power of the PL. If you can't see that after today's "punishment" for those clubs then I don't know what else I can say really.

You were on about our legal case though as you had a go at the super-positives. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is what I mean about not believing anything. Has Ryder really just interpreted that as Ashley ‘getting the green light’ 

fuck sake

Don’t beat yourself up it was nice to see you spreading positivity for 30 seconds. 

In future stick this kind of bollocks in the positivity thread though, and leave this thread to the realists gdm. I’d hate to see your reputation as the gLOOMINdOOMmERCHANT getting tarred with a major faux pas like this.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

You were on about our legal case though as you had a go at the super-positives. 

I wasn't referring to our case at all. I was just highlighting what we are up against. There is simply no logical reason for anyone to be anything more than 50/50 in the confidence stakes, based on everything that we have seen play out over the last 12 months. 

I've already said I am 30/70 against, but that 30% still gives me hope, otherwise I wouldn't be hanging around here.

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Don’t beat yourself up it was nice to see you spreading positivity for 30 seconds. 

In future stick this kind of bollocks in the positivity thread though, and leave this thread to the realists gdm. I’d hate to see your reputation as the gLOOMINdOOMmERCHANT getting tarred with a major faux pas like this.

strange unwarranted unprovoked dig but ok. 

I’m balanced I post both positive and negative stories/tweets and opinions. The positive v negative battles on here are as boring and embarrassing as the Ben jacobs v ncsl shite on twitter. Fuckin pack it in

Edited by gdm

52 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If today's events are not taken as a warning shot by the super-optimists then nothing will be. We are massively, massively up against it. The game is rigged beyond belief and the events in April have made no difference to who pulls all of the strings.

I don't think there is a man, woman or child who doesn't think we aren't up against it.
What's the alternative though ? Just be miserable as sin ?
The super optimists just want to believe. It's in a football fan's nature to believe positive things in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. "This year might just be our year" has been a fans mantra since the sport originated.

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

strange unwarranted unprovoked dig but ok. 

I’m balanced I post both positive and negative stories/tweets and opinions. The positive v negative battles on here are as boring and embarrassing as the Ben jacobs v ncsl shite on twitter. Fuckin pack it in

Ignore him. He doesn’t recognise that people can change their opinion as the information in front of us changes.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Ignore him. He doesn’t recognise that people can change their opinion as the information in front of us changes.

I recognise people can change their mind like anything in life. However I just beg to differ on some of the information people have put weight on in here to constantly change their position on whether it’s happening. 

Do you all literally just spend every single day having a go at each other trying to prove one another right or wrong? Ffs, its the same fucking shite back and forth. Give it a fucking rest. 

1 minute ago, Robster said:

I don't think there is a man, woman or child who doesn't think we aren't up against it.
What's the alternative though ? Just be miserable as sin ?
The super optimists just want to believe. It's in a football fan's nature to believe positive things in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. "This year might just be our year" has been a fans mantra since the sport originated.

Have to disagree. It seems there are people who are convinced without a doubt that it will happen. I'd just advise caution against that because if they truly believe their conviction then it will really, really hurt if it falls through.

I'm have optimism too. It's only about 30% but it's still there, which is why I occasionally post a link or comment in the Positivity thread. The occasional good news story keeps me going, and posting it in the other thread bolsters the hope that I still have.