Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

19 hours ago, ManDoon said:

I initially thought that, why would charnley even bother telling Bruce but presumably they are close ish, as Bruce sucks Mikey off a fair bit.

Every bit of evidence on Charnley to date suggests he wouldn't even know.

Would not be remotely surprised to find out later that he was just sitting in his office colouring in when Stavely/Rueben/PIF walk in and ask 'Who are you, and what are you doing here?'

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Spoke to the sister-in-law this morning. About Charnley telling Bruce to get a new job: She would neither confirm nor deny that story, but she was acting very cagey when answering questions about it. Probably better under interrogation than her husband. IMO... possibly true.

What she was willing to say is that Ashley is absolutely convinced the Saudis will be our new owners soon (she mentioned that Bruce told the family four weeks) and Ashley has put that in Bruce's ear. Bruce knows his days are numbered when they take over and he doesn't seem particularly bothered by that. He knows a pay-off is coming and at the moment seems more interested in knocking down and rebuilding his house in Manchester (true story).

So make of that what you will.

This is in the wrong thread.

*Must not get excited, must not get excited*

8 minutes ago, Robster said:

I think you'd imagine that Bruce would either keep it close to his chest, or tell his family to keep schtum.
Can't see them being free and open with this kind of information.

People let things slip, especially after a few beers. Not saying it went down like that, but if its the same guy I knew then it probably did.

btw could see Charnley saying it to Bruce just to make himself feel better about his position if this happens, just to stick the knife in. Even if he doesn’t know for certain just to stir emotions and make him feel shit. Seems the type. 

4 hours ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Let's hope she's right.

Although as much as he's detested, I can't understand why Edwards is continually saying the takeover won't go through if the above is true.

He's close enough to Bruce by all accounts to have been given the nod by him if Bruce has information on the takeover and yet is continually shouting down the chances of it happening.

Hasn't he stopped going on as much recently, or maybe it's cos people have stopped posting his garbage.

1 hour ago, Robster said:

I think you'd imagine that Bruce would either keep it close to his chest, or tell his family to keep schtum.
Can't see them being free and open with this kind of information.

They might not be the brightest of families, certainly going off Steve...

I find it hard to believe anything I hear that is isn’t official, but I heard 2 weeks ago that the players believe that Bruce is waiting for a pay off so that he can put it into some huge mansion he’s building in the North West as that is all he talks about, which tallies in with that post earlier. So my hopes are now raised!

22 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I find it hard to believe anything I hear that is isn’t official, but I heard 2 weeks ago that the players believe that Bruce is waiting for a pay off so that he can put it into some huge mansion he’s building in the North West as that is all he talks about, which tallies in with that post earlier. So my hopes are now raised!

Who was your source?

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

With all of these rumours, and De Marco's weekend tweets, I am getting dangerously close to moving away from being a 30/70 pessimist, into a 55/45 optimist. Lord, help me.

Welcome !!

Come on in, it's great in here . . . 

Fuck me. Brice is adamant of this mansion in the North West is he? Proper Manc cunt. Hopes he fucks off soon and his mansion turns out looking shit like a run down Mcdonalds instead.

Edited by nufcjb

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Fuck me. Brice is adamant of this mansion in the North West is he? Proper Manc cunt. Hopes he fucks off soon and his mansion turns out looking shit like a run down Mcdonalds instead.

nah. He would love a McDonald’s.

needs to look like some vegan health food shop. 

Hope we pay for his East Wing by the end of the month and he can go enjoy living in his mansion, never having to leave it again. 

I'm really beyond holding a grudge and being angry with him or ashley, I just want both gone ASAP and I hope both get their pound of flesh as it means we all move on. 

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

With all of these rumours, and De Marco's weekend tweets, I am getting dangerously close to moving away from being a 30/70 pessimist, into a 55/45 optimist. Lord, help me.

I was thinking something similar. There’s like a drip, drip, drip of positive stuff happening. Might be nothing of course but there does seem to be a little more positive rather than negative news at the minute. Here’s hoping. 🤞