Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Aye, don't think Rafa going elsewhere is indicative of anything takeover wise.

At the end if the day the man's ultimately a professionas, so he's got a choice to go to a cloob which fits his profile now or wait it out for a takeover to go through (or not) at a time where the likelihood of other suitable jobs being available should the takeover not go through is minimal.

That’s pretty much all I was trying to say. If it was as close as Bruce being told to look for a new job then I’m sure Rafa would have had a whisper that it’s on. I’m not for a min saying it won’t happen but it’s far from done 

8 minutes ago, gdm said:

You perceive it to be negative that’s your problem not mine. I’ve repeatedly said no one knows what way it’s gonna go not even the people on either side so what’s the point getting excited about silly rumour only to be let down again. 

if you don’t like my cautious realistic down the middle stance then again tough shit that’s your problem not mine

The fact you stated “Just the fact he’s in talks with them isn’t a great sign for the takeover tbh.” is negative and not at all “cautious realistic”. The consortium will undoubtedly be professional enough to scout ALL potential managers and have a short list rather than be reliant on Rafa singly. As I’ve mentioned, the press have stated they were also keen on Fonseca. Even if Rafa does go to Everton, it means nothing with regards to the takeover- things will progress and move on, and amazingly, we’ll end up with a manager who isn’t Rafa- he isn’t the be all and end all here. 

I'm personally not invested in the idea of a settlement. Think this takeover depends entirely on the outcome of the arbritation case which could be nearly a couple of months till we hear of a decision. 

Edited by Thumbheed

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

The fact you stated “Just the fact he’s in talks with them isn’t a great sign for the takeover tbh.” is negative and not at all “cautious realistic”. The consortium will undoubtedly be professional enough to scout ALL potential managers and have a short list rather than be reliant on Rafa singly. As I’ve mentioned, the press have stated they were also keen on Fonseca. Even if Rafa does go to Everton, it means nothing with regards to the takeover- things will progress and move on, and amazingly, we’ll end up with a manager who isn’t Rafa- he isn’t the be all and end all here. 

I agree with you. Rafa isn’t the be all and end all. All I’m saying was it’s not as close as people were getting excited about or I’m sure Rafa would have been tipped off. He’s obviously not prepared to wait for the result of arbitration when there are good options out there 

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon

@gdm It’s a shame you deleted the part where you said you posted it just to have a dig at the positive people. Spoke volumes that. 

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

@gdm It’s a shame you deleted the part where you said you posted it just to have a dig at the positive people. Spoke volumes that. 

Not really. I can’t find the manor park post where yet again he posted as fact that Rafa would wait and Rafa was going nowhere. that’s what I was having a dig at.
He’s a troll he doesn’t post on any other thread on the forum. yet I constantly get shit for being realistic. Seems you get away with talking utter shit on here as long as it’s positive. It’s tiresome but I deleted it coz it’s largely irrelevant 

Edited by gdm

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not really. I can’t find the manor park post where yet again he posted as fact that Rafa would wait and Rafa was going nowhere. that’s what I was having a dig at.
He’s a troll he doesn’t post on any other thread on the forum. yet I constantly get shit for being realistic. Seems you get away with talking utter shit on here as long as it’s positive. It’s tiresome but I deleted it coz it’s largely irrelevant 

Yeah I got absolutely rinsed for going into the "positive" thread and dropping some realism, yet they seem fine to invade here with their baseless hype. In fact its even getting to the point where realism in the realism thread is frowned upon.

There has to be a place for people to be realistic or even sceptical, and not just those who run round shouting "#CANS" and "WAIT!!!" all the time, surely?

13 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah I got absolutely rinsed for going into the "positive" thread and dropping some realism, yet they seem fine to invade here with their baseless hype. In fact its even getting to the point where realism in the realism thread is frowned upon.

There has to be a place for people to be realistic or even sceptical, and not just those who run round shouting "#CANS" and "WAIT!!!" all the time, surely?

It really is a bizarre time when a guys tweet gets creepily dissected so that it just happens to have a link to the takeover in their minds and it barely gets questioned yet as you say saying some sceptical or realistic but not even particularly negative gets jumped on & ripped apart :lol: 

I really wish I knew or had some sort of indication on what way arbitration will go but i don’t. No one does. 

Edited by gdm

The in-depth De Marco stuff is most definitely a case of finding things you want to see in nothing. But i still firmly believe he has, at some point (Brown ale etc.) gave some weird nods to this whole thing.

I expect nothing less from a fanbase who monitor air space and now the high seas for potential signs, its a crease[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, NE27 said:

The in-depth De Marco stuff is most definitely a case of finding things you want to see in nothing. But i still firmly believe he has, at some point (Brown ale etc.) gave some weird nods to this whole thing.

I expect nothing less from a fanbase who monitor air space and now the high seas for potential signs, its a crease[emoji38]

It’s funny and it’d be a good laugh if people were joking but they are deadly serious :lol: oh look he’s looking at the word green in a reflection whatever could that mean. Fuckin bonkers 

that stuff is ok tho but don’t dare say Rafa talking to Everton may suggest the takeover isn’t that close  :lol:

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

Yeah, hope does strange things to people. But when it's all you've got you have to cling onto it. 

The reality that Ashley and Bruce could still be here this time next season is to much to take

Just now, Bishops Finger said:

Yeah, hope does strange things to people. But when it's all you've got you have to cling onto it. 

The reality that Ashley and Bruce could still be here this time next season is to much to take

I've been practicing escapism in regards to NUFC for years now [emoji38] Ashley is a hell of a drug.

34 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah I got absolutely rinsed for going into the "positive" thread and dropping some realism

As I have said many times, what is called the "positive thread" is logically the "Realism Thread", because that is what most of the currently known relevant information adds up to! 

Edited by manorpark

17 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Even if De Marco's photos *are* all carefully orchestrated to show subtle hints to NUFC fans, even if he is sending us subtle messages with every tweet, it's still just his opinion. He has a strong say in what happens, but there's another side with an equally-compelling argument and a strong say too.

Like us all, I sincerely hope this takeover goes through, I want nothing more football-wise, and I'll celebrate like an absolute lunatic if it does. But those who repeatedly say that it's all just a formality and that nothing can stop this takeover need to chill out and keep that to the "optimism" thread, because it's fucking exhausting for the rest of us who want to be able talk about the pros and cons of this whole thing like adults.

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

As I have said many times, what is called the "positive thread" is logically the "Realism Thread", because that is what most of the currently known relevant information adds up to! 

What is currently known is that there's arbitration and court cases going on. You have absolutely no idea about the outcome of these. Nobody does. Not even De Marco. We may win (I hope we do), or we may not. Keep your outright refusal to even acknowledge 50% of the possible outcomes of those cases to the other thread, whatever you want to call it, so the grown-ups can talk in here.

I don’t think Rafa going to another club is in anyway an indicator of anything. As we’ve seen, it’s been close before only for the league to start playing silly beggars under pressure from BeIn et al. He’d be daft not speak to Everton - taking his history with Liverpool out of the equation it fits most of his widely known criteria for a “project”. I’d love for him to come back, I’m sure the consortium would too - it’s a very easy early win for them - but sometimes the timing is never quite right and he can’t be expected to hold out in perpetuity can he?

7 minutes ago, manorpark said:

So what's this thread now? Maybe it's time to merge them..

41 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

What is currently known is that there's arbitration and court cases going on. You have absolutely no idea about the outcome of these. Nobody does. Not even De Marco. We may win (I hope we do), or we may not. Keep your outright refusal to even acknowledge 50% of the possible outcomes of those cases to the other thread, whatever you want to call it, so the grown-ups can talk in here.

It certainly isn't a 50 / 50 split of possibile outcomes, nothing like it!

30 minutes ago, Wilson said:

The positive thread is the realism thread? :lol: could have fooled me.

Always thought it was the braindead twitter thread. 

You are wrong then, and I wonder what the reason is for that?

41 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So what's this thread now? Maybe it's time to merge them..

Yes, we ALL deserve the fantastic future we are going to have - we all love NUFC - and so I do agree that we should also all "enjoy the build up to it" together, on the one Takeover Thread. 

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It certainly isn't a 50 / 50 split of possibile outcomes, nothing like it!

So fuckin tiresome. arbitration will be a yes or a no that’s 50/50. Are you being deliberately daft?

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Not a big deal if Rafa goes to Everton, I'm sure we can do better once if this takeover happens.

But manor park told us Rafa wouldn’t take another job (something he’s ignoring btw)

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Not a big deal if Rafa goes to Everton, I'm sure we can do better once if this takeover happens.

Apart from all of his well known qualities, Rafa also has the "extra" three (at least) qualities of (1) He knows the Club and the City (2) Many NUFC supporters understand that and love him for it, and (3) He wants to be here, you will have read the plans that he had for here before he left. They would be the "same on Steroids" now !!!