Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Bishops Finger said:

Yeah. Stuck in limbo. It'll be another season of struggle if this doesn't get sorted soon

That's exactly the same situation we'd be in regardless of any takeover. 

Why aren’t they putting pressure on the PL? Public comments saying they’re hopeful they’ll get the decision in their favour and what have you? There’s bugger all. Pre season starts in a few weeks and as it stands we still have Steve fucking Bruce and an average squad. If they were wanting this surely they’d be doing everything to get this done ASAP so they can get their manager in place, sign players before other clubs snap them up, etc.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why aren’t they putting pressure on the PL? Public comments saying they’re hopeful they’ll get the decision in their favour and what have you? There’s bugger all. Pre season starts in a few weeks and as it stands we still have Steve fucking Bruce and an average squad. If they were wanting this surely they’d be doing everything to get this done ASAP so they can get their manager in place, sign players before other clubs snap them up, etc.

Why indeed?

Ideal for Ashley though. Another summer with no investment or ambition and absolutely nobody giving him stick for it.

A great excuse for him for the whole of next season too - “we were constrained in the summer by the ongoing takeover situation and couldn’t prepare properly”.

I try to be optimistic about it but I just don’t see how. If the PL were in the wrong or if PIF really wanted us, surely now is the time we’d expect this going through. None of this ‘wait’ nonsense. Would we really be giving people like Clark, Murphy & Gayle new deals the last few months if things were imminent, knowing that they’ll be wanting to sign their own players shortly? Nothing adds up to me.

I try to be optimistic about it but I just don’t see how. If the PL were in the wrong or if PIF really wanted us, surely now is the time we’d expect this going through. None of this ‘wait’ nonsense. Would we really be giving people like Clark, Murphy & Gayle new deals the last few months if things were imminent, knowing that they’ll be wanting to sign their own players shortly? Nothing adds up to me.

Similarly with Carroll if the rumours are true about another year. Especially this early in the window. 

Another way of looking at that is that they're all saleable assets and in the event we are taken over and buy better players we can move them on for a fee.

Or, most likely, nobody knows what's going to result and just have to work on the presumption of nothing happening and planning for that.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Another way of looking at that is that they're all saleable assets and in the event we are taken over and buy better players we can move them on for a fee.

Or, most likely, nobody knows what's going to result and just have to work on the presumption of nothing happening and planning for that.

I think we'd struggle to shift some of the big wages, Ritchie, Shelvey, Gayle to other clubs. 

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Saleable assets yes, but they’ll be on £25-40k each, why would they want to leave? They’ll just see down these respective contracts down, be loaned out with us paying the majority of their wage anyway.

They're happy to let Mike do whatever to keep things turning over as they know they have a long-term rebuilding effort on their hands regardless. Their make-or-break season for us won't be within the first few years.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yeah. I’ve seen people put ‘it’s only a year’ but it’s Andy fucking Carroll. Can understand Fernandez & Schar getting an extra 12 months because they’d still likely be squad players even under a takeover for a season.

Yeah Fernandez and Schar are good enough premier league players. Carroll clearly isnt and is a waste of a space with Gayle if there was a new owner. 

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’s absolutely not imminent - the only hope we have is through arbitration. Which we’re already on that back foot with after losing the case to get the chair removed.

Is a chap who wrote the O&D rules going to vote against the PL? I’d be very surprised.

The CAT case was a desperate last throw of the dice, but that can has been well and truly kicked down the road.

As you say - would we be making decision on contracts when these players have 12 months left? Even if a decision is 6 months away, why on Earth would we offer them deals at this point?

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The reason contracts have been given is to have the option of actually being able to make money from any sales instead of walking away for nothing. The valve of the three you mention is probably at the 15 million mark in sales. Ashley is noway going to let players go for nothing when he can get decent money.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The reason contracts have been given is to have the option of actually being able to make money from any sales instead of walking away for nothing. The valve of the three you mention is probably at the 15 million mark in sales. Ashley is noway going to let players go for nothing when he can get decent money.

We’ve openly been trying to flog Gayle for three years, why is he all of a sudden going to become an asset that people want?

He’s refused to move to lower his wages, so we offer him a new deal knowing he’ll just wind his contract down? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why would the players agree to that? They’ve signed contracts because they know they’re going to make another £1-2m each from us and play 30 games between them this season. Otherwise, they’d have just walked at the end of their existing deals and negotiated with Championship clubs who’d be more likely to take them on without a transfer fee.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ve openly been trying to flog Gayle for three years, why is he all of a sudden going to become an asset that people want?

He’s refused to move to lower his wages, so we offer him a new deal knowing he’ll just wind his contract down? :lol: 

Ashley is no way going to let a player walk for nothing man when he can get money. He will be away this summer with Ashley getting cash in his pocket instead of fuck all. You can paint it anyway you want, but that’s the reason he was given a new contract. Ashley would never lose an opportunity to cash in.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Ashley is no way going to let a player walk for nothing man when he can get money. He will be away this summer with Ashley getting cash in his pocket instead of fuck all. You can paint it anyway you want, but that’s the reason he was given a new contract. Ashley would never lose an opportunity to cash in.

And Carroll? 

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Rob Elliot, Achraf Lazaar, Jamie Sterry, Ki, Mo Diame, Massaido Haidara have all left on a free transfer/end of contract within the last three years.

All of them are as useful as Gayle in terms of never going to attract a transfer fee.

Atsu and Saivet this season already too.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Rob Elliot, Achraf Lazaar, Jamie Sterry, Ki, Mo Diame, Massaido Haidara have all left on a free transfer/end of contract within the last three years.

All of them are as useful as Gayle in terms of never going to attract a transfer fee.

A list of players whom were worth fuck all in transfer value. Diame was offered a one year deal but didn’t accept.

Edited by et tu brute