Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still trying to skim to see if there has been any update :lol:

Nope!

Apart from Rafa has gone to Everton which I think is a massive blow and not a good sign for an imminent takeover

Just now, LV said:

Yeah it caused a delay (if you’re talking about challenging the chair of the arbitration panel) but it was a risk they had to take.

The fella pretty much designed the Owners and Directors test. They couldn’t just not try to have him removed. What it also does though, even though it wasn’t successful, is to put the spotlight on him a lot more and he’s going to have to be squeaky clean throughout the whole process and not be obviously biased towards the PL.

Oh I absolutely agree. But to point to the PL and accuse them of delaying by putting forward a case to throw out the CAT case is a bit weird when considering NUFC’s actions.

Still no explanation as to why NUFC took so long to lodge the CAT case too. They could’ve been through the jurisdiction challenge and disclosure etc. by now.

That’s why it appears, from my point of view, to be a last desperate attempt.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Oh I absolutely agree. But to point to the PL and accuse them of delaying by putting forward a case to throw out the CAT case is a bit weird when considering NUFC’s actions.

Still no explanation as to why NUFC took so long to lodge the CAT case too. They could’ve been through the jurisdiction challenge and disclosure etc. by now.

That’s why it appears, from my point of view, to be a last desperate attempt.

I don’t think it is weird. They had no choice but to try to have him removed. It wasn’t a delaying tactic like the PL have used. 

Just now, LV said:

I don’t think it is weird. They had no choice but to try to have him removed. It wasn’t a delaying tactic like the PL have used. 

Why would the PL proceed with CAT when they believe they have a credible case to get it thrown out? It’s the same argument.

Not withstanding the fact that I do think the PL have caused a lot of unnecessary delays… my point being that NUFC have too.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why would the PL proceed with CAT when they believe they have a credible case to get it thrown out? It’s the same argument.

Not withstanding the fact that I do think the PL have caused a lot of unnecessary delays… my point being that NUFC have too.

I don’t think you are quite understanding (or you are choosing not to) that we had no choice but to try to get him removed. It wasn’t a tactic to delay things, why would we? 

It was an entirely necessary delay if you want to try to win a case or arbitration or whatever. 

Just now, LV said:

I don’t think you are quite understanding (or you are choosing not to) that we had no choice but to try to get him removed. It wasn’t a tactic to delay things, why would we? 

It was an entirely necessary delay if you want to try to win a case or arbitration or whatever. 

NUFC might have thought so. Just like the PL think challenging jurisdiction is a necessary delay. 

Your argument falters a bit because we were told so strongly after NUFC failed in that case that it wasn’t a problem and it was likely to fail. The point being, if NUFC wanted to progress quickly, they didn’t need to challenge.

It also doesn’t answer why NUFC delayed to lodge the CAT case.

1 minute ago, LV said:

Nope!

Apart from Rafa has gone to Everton which I think is a massive blow and not a good sign for an imminent takeover

I think it’s got fuck all to do with the takeover personally. Both cases are being carried out by the club and do you think Ashley gives two shits about Rafa. Also who is to say, he is the consortiums first choice either. He may have been Staveley’s first choice in her first takeover attempt, but as linked today in one of the threads, the other consortium members were looking at Poch and Arteta.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

NUFC might have thought so. Just like the PL think challenging jurisdiction is a necessary delay. 

Your argument falters a bit because we were told so strongly after NUFC failed in that case that it wasn’t a problem and it was likely to fail. The point being, if NUFC wanted to progress quickly, they didn’t need to challenge.

why don’t you just wait for the legal cases to play out instead of second guessing everything all of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My argument doesn’t falter at all.

It was a blow that he didn’t get removed but what it does do is shine that spotlight on him that bit more, like I mentioned earlier. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

why don’t you just wait for the legal cases to play out instead of second guessing everything all of the time. 

Why don’t you take your own advice?…

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I think it’s got fuck all to do with the takeover personally. Both cases are being carried out by the club and do you think Ashley gives two shits about Rafa. Also who is to say, he is the consortiums first choice either. He may have been Staveley’s first choice in her first takeover attempt, but as linked today in one of the threads, the other consortium members were looking at Poch and Arteta.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why don’t you take your own advice?…

You leave me well behind on the number of posts and guessing games. Thing is I accept I don’t have a clue about what the outcome will be and more importantly nobody else does either.

Edited by et tu brute

12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You leave me well behind on the number of posts and guessing games. Thing is I accept I don’t have a clue about what the outcome will be and more importantly nobody else does either.

I’ve repeatedly said my posts are my thoughts and opinions and I’m certainly not an expert. Pathetic that it constantly needs to be repeated.

Guest reefatoon

Gotta love Fantail. I actually like him posting and don’t mind reading his thoughts at all. But it does make me chuckle how these takeover threads always seem to go to shit once he starts posting [emoji38]. You seem to have an amazing knack of rubbing some folk up the wrong way lad, and then off it goes. 

4 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Keith has always said they’d fight to get case thrown out it’s what bird and bird do. What he said was that when disclosure comes they’ll fold like a pack of cards. 

Think you’ve jumped the gun a bit based on Ryder’s article. 

Quote me away. Yeah I believe it’ll get interesting if case is given go ahead. Do I know they’ll fold for certain course I don’t, but i would hazard a guess it’ll greatly increase the chances  of a settlement during arbitration if it gets go ahead.

Keith also said he’s been told Martinez & Jones were going to be joining spurs. Can we just put to bed that that dafty knows anything 

8 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Pathetic that you keep spouting the same shit aswell

Sorry, have I discussed this before? Feel free to point me in the direction of that conversation.

Spoiler

You won’t. Because you’re wrong. Shock.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

He didn’t go that far.

Alright he said ‘strong likelihood’ can’t have been that strong if they’ve appointed someone else 2 days later.

the guy knows fuck all. Fair play to him for starting the whole CAT case but he’s let it get to his head. this Twitter feed is a joke 

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Alright he said ‘strong likelihood’ can’t have been that strong if they’ve appointed someone else 2 days later.

the guy knows fuck all. Fair play to him for starting the whole CAT case but he’s let it get to his head. this Twitter feed is a joke 

Agree he has maybe (can’t say actually as we don’t know what he has uncovered and is being used in the club’s case - I certainly hope it’s more than what he had released so far - he says it is) done some good, but he should have kept quiet and let it just proceed. Instead he has went on a total display of self importance and arrogance. I stopped taking notice of him months ago. If the takeover happens and if some of the information has been of importance has been helped, as you say fair play, but I will still think he’s an arrogant, self centred knob.