Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have no idea whether this is positive or negative but it's just another 'deadline' we've passed without really hearing anything in terms of progress. 

Maybe we can get that weird bloke to go down to the PL head office and shout at the receptionist again.

I do think it's a negative thing to do. Comes off a little desperate and that our side has some good dirt on the PL and want to make sure if they lose they dont leave the PL scarred.

Could also just be pissed with how long it's taking and maybe they feel there is another holdup and looking like it will take even longer to get resolved. Hence pushing in public. We wont find any favour from fans of other clubs or the general public so not sure what its about.

The spin :lol: :lol:

NUFC release statement - "Wow this is a horrible turn of events for the optimists. Going to be funny watching themselves twist and turn their way out of this latest piece of realism. Face it, the deal is off."

Imminent decision announced - "It's going to all come crashing down for the hopeful idiots soon. Shame, I was just starting to enjoy myself."

Sale approved - "I can't believe anyone thinks this is good news or that the sale will actually happen. It'll all fall apart before the start of the season."

NUFC win league 3 years running "The deluded dunces just keep embarrassing themselves. Why do they insist this is somehow good for the club? This latest trophy is the biggest sign yet the whole thing is a farce."

Luke Edwards now seems to be saying these are desperation tactics.

As opposed to yesterday, when there was no takeover at all, and this was all just a smokescreen to avoid spending money on transfers.

Regardless of what that click-baiting fool thinks, I'd like full transparency on all of this too.

Guest neesy111

I honestly think it's just classic Ashley rehetic.  1st July means start of the new season and it's him just reminding fans about "how" much he loves them and wants this to go through.

Always feel enthused when something like this comes along, despite having no clue really as to whether or not it's positive. You hear nothing for so long you start to wonder if it's even a thing any more. 

Feels like one of the main strategies has been to make public as much as possible about the PL's practices. 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Always feel enthused when something like this comes along, despite having no clue really as to whether or not it's positive. You hear nothing for so long you start to wonder if it's even a thing any more. 

Feels like one of the main strategies has been to make public as much as possible about the PL's practices. 

Pulls them up on their corruption and I don't see how this is detrimental to us at all. For me, it's been released from a position of strength. "Why the need to hide?" is what we're asking, because everything done towards the takeover was above board and the cunts running the league know it. Anyways, good fodder before everyone focuses back on the Euros tomorrow. :) 

Edited by The Bonk

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

I get why the club might want it done in public, but can anyone explain why the Premier league would ever go for that? 

Putting the Premier League under a bit of pressure from the media. 

Just now, Northerngimp said:

Putting the Premier League under a bit of pressure from the media. 

No, i mean why would the Premier League ever say "yeah ok" to something in which they are effectively a defendant? 

22 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Luke Edwards now seems to be saying these are desperation tactics.

As opposed to yesterday, when there was no takeover at all, and this was all just a smokescreen to avoid spending money on transfers.

Regardless of what that click-baiting fool thinks, I'd like full transparency on all of this too.

He's an embarrassing state of a human, let alone journalist. 

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

No, i mean why would the Premier League ever say "yeah ok" to something in which they are effectively a defendant? 

They never will so it highlights how underhanded they have been, if they had football and its fans as their main focus they would be open about it. 

I get the feeling their is going to be some serious dirt filtering out in the next few months. 

1 minute ago, Northerngimp said:

They never will so it highlights how underhanded they have been, if they had football and its fans as their main focus they would be open about it. 

I get the feeling their is going to be some serious dirt filtering out in the next few months. 

They never will because it's not in their interests to do it. Which is common sense really. Don't think we can draw conclusions from it at this stage. They were never going to say yes. 

1 minute ago, Northerngimp said:

Exactly this. Haven't the PL always said the process was fair and it was carried out "fit and proper". If so, then what's the problem playing it out in public? Let them see WHY the takeover hasn't gone through and let them see that we aren't corrupt etc! 

Surely the PL would want to prove their squeeky clean image?

This statement is putting more pressure on them. That's a good thing for us. The more pressure from any angle the better. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

So like, what dafuq does this mean.

Anything depending on your viewpoint l, context etc.

Sorry I can't be any help.