Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

It was noticeable that De Marco tweeted about the statement last night. Remember, it was him a few months ago who said he always advises clients to come to an arrangement before arbitration goes ahead because it can be a lottery. I think the statement was a call to the PL to accept an arrangement that has been offered to them by the club.

The main reason I think the PL are resisting is that they have come too far down the line to be seen losing face by backing down before legal proceedings. More importantly though, if they lose then they can go back to their six overlords and say "we tried lads, but the law took it out of our hands".

Have to agree with all of that.

2 hours ago, Pons Alias said:

Ashley may be a cunt, but the PL enables him to be a cunt.

They are the cuntmaster general.

Not only have they enabled it for over a decade.  They're currently forcing it to continue beyond where it should have finally ended.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/premier-league-issue-no-comment-response-to-newcastle-united-takeover-challenge-3294301

"And when asked by the Gazette for their stance on the matter, the Premier League expectedly replied with the following: “This isn’t something we’re commenting on at the moment.”

Does this suggest they will comment at some point? When arbitration is finished, I assume they can go public with a decision in some form. But the "At the moment" bit stands out for me 

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/premier-league-issue-no-comment-response-to-newcastle-united-takeover-challenge-3294301

"And when asked by the Gazette for their stance on the matter, the Premier League expectedly replied with the following: “This isn’t something we’re commenting on at the moment.”

Does this suggest they will comment at some point? When arbitration is finished, I assume they can go public with a decision in some form. But the "At the moment" bit stands out for me 

It suggests to me that the Premier League either doesn't know how to respond or is, at the least, still trying to decide how or if they will respond. 

32 minutes ago, Montey said:

It suggests to me that the Premier League either doesn't know how to respond or is, at the least, still trying to decide how or if they will respond. 

It suggests to me that they have no intention to ever respond but can see how people are fed up with the ‘No comment’ comment, so are saying that to make people believe that at some point they will make a comment, but never will.

49 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

They said exactly the same thing to the "Newcastle Evening Chronicle" and to "Sky Sports News", when both of those organisations contacted them this morning.

That pathetic "no comment" comment, was made by the EPL despite the actual thing they are not commenting on being a request that they DO comment.

This is exactly why I have always known that we will beat them and that our Takeover will inevitably happen, as they have just 'proved again today' the sum total of all the intellects at the top of the EPL adds up to something less (well less) than that of a dead goldfish.

They are a 'less than nothing' group of moronic people. 

Edited by manorpark

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Is this a positive or negative no comment?

Depends on who’s reading it fella

Edited by reefatoon

Just watched the Wraith show and Patterson did seemingly take the call from the club about 5 mins before the statement was released. However he then came back to go on a rant about how fans need to "rally" again because "if the PL manage to stop the case from going public then the takeover might not happen". Backtracking again from just a few days ago when he told people to "let the legals handle it".

I hope this guy is just being used by the club because as soon as he opens his mouth I instantly feel less confident. Because if victory somehow depends on a public hearing then that doesn't really say much about what Ashley has in terms of evidence.

The Wraith show really is a bit of a shambles. They just let Patterson ramble on and never really pull him up on anything he says.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The Wraith show really is a bit of a shambles. They just let Patterson ramble on and never really pull him up on anything he says.

He contradicts himself so much, almost like he’s making it up.

As for the wraith show, that braggart of a dentist and his mate who’s a poundshop Peter Stringfellow are just the worst. They’ve managed to shoehorn themselves into a position where people think they’ve got the inside scoop, that all stemmed from the Dentist getting conned into believing the last Sheikh was legit, telling everyone they were the real deal. He doesn’t like being reminded of that.

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

He contradicts himself so much, almost like he’s making it up.

As for the wraith show, that braggart of a dentist and his mate who’s a poundshop Peter Stringfellow are just the worst. They’ve managed to shoehorn themselves into a position where people think they’ve got the inside scoop, that all stemmed from the Dentist getting conned into believing the last Sheikh was legit, telling everyone they were the real deal. He doesn’t like being reminded of that.

I don't mind it if you take it for what it is.

Not worth getting worked up by them, they do enough themselves week on week to discredit their own information and exclusives.

It's the sort of thing which is common amongst the fans of all clubs these days, the self styled social media personality. 

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I don't mind it if you take it for what it is.

Not worth getting worked up by them, they do enough themselves week on week to discredit their own information and exclusives.

It's the sort of thing which is common amongst the fans of all clubs these days, the self styled social media personality. 

And still you watch it week in week out?

Did he fuck get a call for the club :lol:

he shared a screenshot of his phone ringing and had the number saved as ‘the club’ on his phone. 

looks like he’s deleted it and no wonder are we supposed to believe he’s in the middle of doing a podcast and the club phones him and before he answers it he takes a screenshot.

what a fuckin roaster 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Darth Crooks said:

Absolutely up for anyone calling out Ashley as the two faced shithawk he is at any opportunity. Can’t happen enough. Strange bedfellows now or not.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend and on this occasion…… 

36 minutes ago, gdm said:

he shared a screenshot of his phone ringing and had the number saved as ‘the club’ on his phone. 

looks like he’s deleted it and no wonder are we supposed to believe he’s in the middle of doing a podcast and the club phones him and before he answers it he takes a screenshot.

what a fuckin roaster 

He tweeted last night about ‘being told’ Sky are releasing a story at 8pm at 8.02pm after Sky had already posted the story :lol: 

The bloke is an utter fantasist. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

39 minutes ago, gdm said:

what a fuckin roaster 

Did you watch the show? I mean, I'm no fan of him, but he definitely took a call off someone just before 8pm. 

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He tweeted last night about ‘being told’ Sky are releasing a story at 8pm at 8.02pm after Sky had already posted the story :lol: 

he seemingly mentioned it on the pre recorded show before the release though. I think he’s a knob, but seemingly he did have the story before it was released publicly.

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

he seemingly mentioned it on the pre recorded show before the release though. I think he’s a knob, but seemingly he did have the story before it was released publicly.

Kennedy would’ve had a copy of the statement and probably told him.

As the club released it at exactly the same time as Sky it’s likely they released it to the media until a time embargo.

He’s full of shit though :lol: that screenshot of ‘the club’ phoning him. Jesus wept.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Kennedy would’ve had a copy of the statement and probably told him.

As the club released it at exactly the same time as Sky it’s likely they released it to the media until a time embargo.

He’s full of shit though :lol: that screenshot of ‘the club’ phoning him. Jesus wept.

"Charnaz Mobile" 

31 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why do you follow him on Twitter and are reporting on here almost everything he says then? Seems a bit weird.