Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

50 minutes ago, Espio said:

From what I gather, it's basically 2 stupidly positive posters vs 2 stupidly negative posters and everyone telling them to shut the fuck up.

Other than that, pass?

Realistic posters versus Negative posters - to be more accurate!

This thread now debates what Keith says, what Ben Jacobs says, what Luke Edwards says, what NDM paints/bakes/photographs/does on a Saturday morning, and a lil bit of what the rest says.

Then, all hell breaks loose. Fall counts anywhere. Last man standing type of shit between the usual suspects with the rest of us chanting 'boring...boring...boring...' before the club announces something and all the quoting from the above list starts again.

What's it got to do with the club's takeoever? Fuck knows. Plane tracking was much more pleasant.

Edited by nufcjb

34 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Realistic posters versus Negative posters - to be more accurate!

Shouldn’t be anybody v anybody to be fair. Nothing wrong with a bit of piss taking but some of this shit is just petty, low blows. 

Very frustrating times because of the lack of information, but if anything has been proved it’s that the noisiest of Twitter twats know fuck all and they’re not worth reposting on here without any substance behind them. 
keep that shite for the positive thread and no-one should mind!

Do I want it to happen? Yes. - Do I think it'll happen? Hopefully, but not sure. Judging by how things go our way, I'm cautiously optimistic as I think the majority are.

Your sense of "realism" isn't that, it's just optimistic delusion and you're attacking anyone who thinks different. There's no way anybody outside of the actual case(s) know what is actually going on, everything that's said publicly is pure speculation. We've got some amazing firepower on our side trying to make this happen, and I fucking hope that the PL fold and give in but judging by our luck in the past, I wouldn't bet my house on it, maybe the kids, but not the house.

We're all here for the same thing, we love the club and we want it to succeed but attacking each other because someone thinks differently is just fucking idiotic.

2 minutes ago, Espio said:

Do I want it to happen? Yes. - Do I think it'll happen? Hopefully, but not sure. Judging by how things go our way, I'm cautiously optimistic as I think the majority are.

Your sense of "realism" isn't that, it's just optimistic delusion and you're attacking anyone who thinks different. There's no way anybody outside of the actual case(s) know what is actually going on, everything that's said publicly is pure speculation. We've got some amazing firepower on our side trying to make this happen, and I fucking hope that the PL fold and give in but judging by our luck in the past, I wouldn't bet my house on it, maybe the kids, but not the house.

We're all here for the same thing, we love the club and we want it to succeed but attacking each other because someone thinks differently is just fucking idiotic.

What a very sensible and accurate post.

4 minutes ago, Espio said:

Your sense of "realism" isn't that, it's just optimistic delusion and you're attacking anyone who thinks different. 

Honestly, I defend my point of view as firmly and certainly as I can, I think it is important that I do that.

However, it is a definite misinterpratation and exageration to describe my comments as "attacking", it really is!

Edited by manorpark

We ought to have a seperate thread for those that want to to mindlessly speculate in whatever rubbish is out there to keep this thread from being derailed every couple of hours for the sake of those that don't want to speculate on the rubbish. 

17 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

We ought to have a seperate thread for those that want to to mindlessly speculate in whatever rubbish is out there to keep this thread from being derailed every couple of hours for the sake of those that don't want to speculate on the rubbish. 

That’s what the positive one is for. Go crazy 

NUFC being secretive and the Premier League being secretive are both two organisations that have a history of being secretive. That does not mean the PL being secretive about things like they are being secretive now does not mean they shouldn't be open about it. The fact both the PL and NUFC should, and could, have been more open about their actions can exist at the same time without there being an incessant need to point at the other.

Why would they need to post things like this if they were positive about winning?

Just have this awful feeling there’s something else we don’t know about which has caused this sudden public cry for fairness

4 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why would they need to post things like this if they were positive about winning?

Just have this awful feeling there’s something else we don’t know about which has caused this sudden public cry for fairness

Next 5 years are going to be great...... new Castore kit , 52,000 screaming Geordies :indi:, Lee Charnaz & Justin Barnes enjoying the opening day sunshine :cool:, Steve, Steve, Steve & Steve roaming the technical area :walk: with Bosman zero signings making their debuts as we get beat off "Big spending Leeds United". I cannot wait! :banana:

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

They wouldn’t.

It’s quite clear now they’re trying to get as much pressure for the arbitration to be held public, hoping it’ll force the PL’s hand into negotiating.

You never know through, it might go our way.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

They wouldn’t.

It’s quite clear now they’re trying to get as much pressure for the arbitration to be held public, hoping it’ll force the PL’s hand into negotiating.

You never know through, it might go our way.

Yeah sure, it might. It also might just fizzle out. I’m not confident anymore, I obviously still care enough to keep checking every day for news on it but I’m beyond caring if it’s a worst case scenario. There has to be a point where supporting this club just isn’t worth it anymore.. I think a lot of us are at that point but are just holding out for some good news.

It may never come so we all have a decision to make at some stage soon perhaps.

No idea where this all is but I can understand the buying side wanting a hurry on if at all possible. The season will be here before we know it. PL seemingly being allowed to filibuster to their hearts content, if we’ve got the dirty on them get it out.

We’re little more than Mrs Doyle offering tea at the moment.

It definitely seems a pressure tactic to get the PL to fold before arbitration, that doesn't mean they aren't confident of a positive result, they'd much rather get it done without the need of the additional waiting time of an arbitration and the possibility of a bent judge with some bias skewing the information to fit an agenda.

9 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So, if it all goes in our favour and the takeover goes ahead, do the those who were positive and proven correct become the realists? I guess delusion is a point of view.

When/If the takeover happens, I don’t think the positive’s will gloat just be so happy after a long prolonged affair….similarly i would hope those who felt inclined to believe the takeover will never happen, won’t say “i told you so”…After all we are all in this together and just want the agony to end.

10 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

So, if it all goes in our favour and the takeover goes ahead, do the those who were positive and proven correct become the realists? I guess delusion is a point of view.

This 'realist' bollocks is the most annoying thing in here for me. 

Realist my arse. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12676966

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

Also don't they need to be on reasonably good terms with the PL if they do end up running the club? Really struggle to see PIF wanting to get involved even.

9 minutes ago, buzz said:

Also don't they need to be on reasonably good terms with the PL if they do end up running the club? Really struggle to see PIF wanting to get involved even.

Why would they need to be on good terms with the PL?

Aye... I Imagine Mikes on excellent terms with them right now and they're fighting fuckin tooth and nail to keep him in charge. 

Edited by Wilson