Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Great? 🤣🤣 it's a right wing soap box owned by foreign investors that doesn't actually do any rolling news at all.

Viewing figures have halved and Neil has bailed out already. It's jingosistic horseshit for the hard of thinking, the televisual equivalent of the Sun.

I always find it interesting to read posts like this.

You have my sympathy, but you are not alone.

The overall decline in human perceptions and understanding of the world around them is becoming more and more out of control. The easiest illustration of this can be seen in the USA, where a large percentage of the population have officially re-located to a different planet.

Anyway, this discussion is off-topic for this thread, so I think we should leave it there and go back to the subject of our Takeover.

Edited by manorpark

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

The overall decline in human perceptions and understanding of the world around them is becoming more and more out of control. The easiest illustration of this can be seen in the USA, where a large percentage of the population have officially re-located to a different planet.

Anyway, this discussion is off-topic for this thread, so I think we should leave it there and go back to the subject of our Takeover.

It’s pretty on topic for anyone even contemplating taking any notice of what your opinion is. 

You’re basically sticking pencils up your nose and saying “wibble”. 

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We're at the point where someone who thinks GB News is anything but right wing propaganda and patter telling us 'insider' knowledge about a takeover being held in private.

I've deliberately suspended my disbelief on this so far just cos it's better for the sanity to do so, but I think this is the point where I jump off.

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just looking at the newsreaders they have. Wouldn’t have expected Alistair Stewart to stoop to that level. Kirsty Gallagher too.

Andrew Neil was there too

We keep hearing " if what we know gets out the EPL will be knackered" but nothing gets released, why can't they just give it to one of these Twitter morons, extra hits for them and the story gets out with no real source to get back to.

11 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Manorpark is a cracking wum to be fair to him. Not a chance he really believes what he's posted over the last few pages. 

He's adamantly maintained the takeover will definitely happen regardless of any negative events that have happened. He's not a WUM in any sense :lol:

6 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

He's adamantly maintained the takeover will definitely happen regardless of any negative events that have happened. He's not a WUM in any sense :lol:

If anything ever happens that can actually genuinly negatively impact on our Takeover, then I will mention it and acknowledge it.

36 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Strange, strange guy

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Strange, strange guy

I am - strangely enough - just an extremely logical and precise realist.

I always join up ALL the dots in any situation, not just those that support my initial (gut-feeling) opinion.

That is why I invariably come to the right answer !!

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Another low point for this thread.

That is not true, but 'if it were true' then fear not just relax and think about all the diverse and endless highs that us NUFC supporters will soon be experiencing.

We are, after all, just NUFC supporters, we all love our club.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

That is not true, but 'if it were true' then fear not just relax and think about all the diverse and endless highs that us NUFC supporters will soon be experiencing.

We are, after all, just NUFC supporters, we all love our club.

I’m afraid I’ve become an estranged lover of the club over the last 13 years, I’m optimistic about the future however my optimism is subject to the takeover happening.

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Another low point for this thread.

Tbh these threads are always gonna be shite until we get a definitive answer. Nature of the beast. Two sides in a highly emotive topic. For a lot of people it’s takeover or bust. 

would be great to have some actual proper news to talk about but we don’t 

27 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I am - strangely enough - just an extremely logical and precise realist.

I always join up ALL the dots in any situation, not just those that support my initial (gut-feeling) opinion.

That is why I invariably come to the right answer !!

That does sound very like something Donald Trump would say, although I have a feeling you might take that as a compliment.

56 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Manorpark is a cracking wum to be fair to him. Not a chance he really believes what he's posted over the last few pages. 

Because Whitley posted it for him. “Your turn sausage” O0

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

That does sound very like something Donald Trump would say, although I have a feeling you might take that as a compliment.

Quite the opposite !!!!

I mentioned just above about the large numbers of people in the USA who have re-located to another planet . . . that planet is called "Trumpland", originally a penal colony for the criminally insane, though now it is . . er . . just 'a planet' for the criminally insane (you don't need to be officially 'convicted' any more to live there).

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The fuck is GB news?

A right-wing news channel set up by Andrew Neil and others. Basically the UK equivalent of Fox News.

Hopefully it dies a slow and expensive death, but at least allows us to identify some horrible people in the meantime due to their willingness to associate themselves with it.

22 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

A right-wing news channel set up by Andrew Neil and others. Basically the UK equivalent of Fox News.

An oft-repeated and very common mistake.

You do know that repeating this obvious untruth a lot of times does not miraculously make it true, don't you?