Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Really hope the soundbites are to push for this to happen sharpish so the new owners can get in their own players, manager, etc. Can't be arsed with this dragging out to October/November and the team having to just plunder our way through another year.

Just now, binnsy said:

The Trust should now be issuing there own statement and mailing Tracy Crouch showing they're fully in support of that letter/statement from Staveley.

They've said they've spoken to her but don't have the time to tell people what was said at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

They've said they've spoken to her but don't have the time to tell people what was said at the moment. 

This is probably the most encouraging thing I have seen related to NUST.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This is probably the most encouraging thing I have seen related to NUST.

Don't agree with the "don't have time thing" given how much time has been wasted on this pledge exercise. 

Edit: should add that it will be great when the money does get donated to local charities obviously. 

Edited by Joey Linton

What's the actual aim here, feel like I'm missing something?

This Crouch woman isn't going to force the PL to anything or even try to.

The PL aren't going to buckle at this stage because of some tweets and letters.

Yes it's making things public which is good but the PL are their own governance right?  It's not like there's someone else who can tell them to have the arbitration in public cause it looks bad.

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Don't agree with the "don't have time thing" given how much time has been wasted on this pledge exercise. 

Cleary a small dig at the fake ITKs like Keith and Wraith who are only after self-promotion instead of what’s best for the club. Greg is a top lad doing it for the right reasons. 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Cleary a small dig at the fake ITKs like Keith and Wraith who are only after self-promotion instead of what’s best for the club. Greg is a top lad doing it for the right reasons. 

Yeah I liked that :lol:

Just now, cubaricho said:

My point still stands. They've chosen what to spend the last year working on, and it isn't this. 

21 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

What's the actual aim here, feel like I'm missing something?

This Crouch woman isn't going to force the PL to anything or even try to.

The PL aren't going to buckle at this stage because of some tweets and letters.

Yes it's making things public which is good but the PL are their own governance right?  It's not like there's someone else who can tell them to have the arbitration in public cause it looks bad.

She's the Chair of the review panel currently looking into English football governance, she could potentially make recommendations that could result in the PL losing its powers to self regulate. If the PL insist on this being held privately when everyone else wants it to be public it's a very bad look for them when the panel decide whether there needs to be independent regulation of the PL.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

She's the Chair of the review panel currently looking into English football governance, she could potentially make recommendations that could result in the PL losing its powers to self regulate. If the PL insist on this being held privately when everyone else wants it to be public it's a very bad look for them when they are decided whether there needs to be independent regulation of the PL.

Perhaps yeah.  Suppose there must be backchannels between the PL & Gov and we know Boz wants that sweet Saudi lucre in the country so assuming there's any joined up thinking in the Tory party that might be the play.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

22 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

She's the Chair of the review panel currently looking into English football governance, she could potentially make recommendations that could result in the PL losing its powers to self regulate. If the PL insist on this being held privately when everyone else wants it to be public it's a very bad look for them when the panel decide whether there needs to be independent regulation of the PL.

This is a great point.  

This is positive news in my opinion as it seems to suggests she still has the backing to buy the club. But I don’t get how this will change anything for us regarding a sale. The Premier League will just say they followed their own rules that NUFC signed up to as a member club. If we are aiming to prove that the rules are rigged and not fit for purpose then that’s all well and good, but PL will just deny everything even if it is in public