Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

As a side point, recent developments also show all of the ITKs to be full of shit…

Arbitration didn’t start last week, there doesn’t seem to be anything deal breaking in NUFC’s case vs the PL otherwise there would be no need for all of this and did Staveley not phone Keith today? Or did he not see this statement because Kennedy didn’t?

People should stop giving these idiots airtime who are milking a shit situation and dragging people along.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Ben said:

Not if you read the full thread he says it's a desperate move by them and something they shouldn't do because even if the takeover goes through they need to deal with the EPL.

He knows fuck all. Hilarious people using the “desperate” word like. 

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Mad how people don’t actually read what he says properly and just criticise him incorrectly :lol: Yet the same people bend over backwards for Keith to ram his random (and often illogical thoughts) down their throat.

Anyway, my thoughts which I know you’re all desperate to hear… 

It’s positive in one sense, because it seems to indicate PIF are still there (otherwise Staveley wouldn’t be). It also shows the continued fight from the consortium to get this through.

However, the reported best outcome for the takeover was an agreement outside of, or through, arbitration. All of this very public slagging off doesn’t suggest that possibility is on the table.

Although it could be seen as a positive. Maybe NUFC have seen the PL’s case and/or disclosure and it contains something very detrimental for the PL (but not quite enough to win CAT or arbitration). By trying to force the PL into a corner, they may reluctantly fold and make a deal.

It now seems the only way we’ll get this takeover is to back the PL into a corner they don’t want to be in. It’s a risky game, because the PL don’t have any obligation whatsoever to make arbitration public. This absolutely needs government involvement to force the PL, or a public CAT case (although that’ll probably take too long to ever happen).

Do I feel slightly more optimistic it may happen? Yes. Would I bet on it happening? No.

Did you actually read his full tweet, his tone is obviously anti Staveley 

5 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Could this not be to indirectly put pressure on the judge in the CAT case to not agree to the PL''s request to have the CAT case heard privately?

Perhaps, I guess it depends on the type of argument the PL are putting up.

I'm more sold on the idea that rejecting a public hearing puts the PL in an incredibly poor position when it comes to the fan led review. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Ben said:

Did you actually read his full tweet, his tone is obviously anti Staveley 

It’s mad how some people give Keith loads of shit while hanging on the back of this chumps every word. He’s just as bad and knows just as little.

Just now, reefatoon said:

It’s mad how some people give Keith loads of shit while hanging on the back of this chumps every word. He’s just as bad and knows just as little.

I’ve not seen anyone ‘hanging off his word’ from those tweets. He’s made it clear they are his opinions based on the statement, he’s not even claiming to have any inside knowledge.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As a side point, recent developments also show all of the ITKs to be full of shit…

Arbitration didn’t start last week, there doesn’t seem to be anything deal breaking in NUFC’s case vs the PL otherwise there would be no need for all of this and did Staveley not phone Keith today? Or did he not see this statement because Kennedy didn’t?

People should stop giving these idiots airtime who are milking a shit situation and dragging people along.

I don't think it proves one way or the other. There could be something groundbreaking but as you say arbitration doesn't appear to have started so a decision could be months away. IF (big obviously) they could force it public, then it may expedite a settlement.

Or there could be completely different reason for this that we're not privy to.

Or all the ITKs could be full of shit [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’ve not seen anyone ‘hanging off his word’ from those tweets. He’s made it clear they are his opinions based on the statement, he’s not even claiming to have any inside knowledge.

he talks just as much clap trap. These Twitter attention whores are all the same. Anyway, couple of snippets coming out this afternoon that has me in quite a positive mood, so don’t fancy doing the back and forth dance if that’s ok fella :thup: Keeping myself feeling upbeat about this.

16 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don't think anyone can argue with that now. 

I don't agree with "there doesn't seem to be anything deal breaking in the case" 

Nobody knows either way, and just because these statements have been released doesn't mean its because we have a weak case. Personally I believe we have the PL right where we want them (with strong evidence) and the club and buyers want everybody to see just how shitty the PL are and exactly what they've been up to, hence making it public. 

Edited by Scotty66

24 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Could this not be to indirectly put pressure on the judge in the CAT case to not agree to the PL''s request to have the CAT case heard privately?

No. 

"why?"

Because the idea of a litigant pressuring judges through the press to decide in their favour is absolutely insane and wouldn't be put forward by a single solicitor in the country, let alone a QC. Genuinely mad stuff. 

1 minute ago, IMTTS said:

No. 

"why?"

Because the idea of a litigant pressuring judges through the press to decide in their favour is absolutely insane and wouldn't be put forward by a single solicitor in the country, let alone a QC. Genuinely mad stuff. 

So if you're saying no, then it's probably yes.

Cheers Luke.

This whole thing is a fucking bore, theres absoloutely no way this wouldn't be playing out on a massive media stage and attracting huge worldwide interest if it was Manchester United/Liverpool.

The PL are a bunch of cunts imo and this whole thing needs to be played out in public.

13 minutes ago, IMTTS said:

No. 

"why?"

Here he is!

God we’ve missed you, you’re just what this thread needs right now 

4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

He did

Ahhh after he was prompted for comment but not part of his original thread. But fair enough. 

Not exactly the most committed commentary though seeing as though it's the salient part of the club and AS's statements. 

Notwithstanding that the PL should probably be closely regulated as a quasi-monopoly, I can't imagine there's any basis for the government to intervene with respect to what appears to be an enforceable arbitration provision.

Sources close to the Amanda Staveley-led and Saudi Arabian-financed bid for Newcastle United say they have still not been given a date for the Premier League’s arbitration case, which is expected to be heard this month.

The reference to the Super League is layered. Those connected with the £300million bid for Newcastle believe that at least two Big Six clubs have forcibly opposed the takeover behind the scenes. The owners who object to the deal are concerned that the involvement of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) at St James’ Park will mean a cash injection into the club that will mirror Sheikh Mansour’s spending at Manchester City or Roman Abramovich’s at Chelsea.

Those connected to the proposed Newcastle takeover insist that the situation is different. They say that despite PIF’s backing – the Saudi fund is putting up 80 per cent of the money with PCP Capital Partners and the Reuben Brothers financing 10 per cent each – the club will be run within its means.

Nevertheless, Staveley remains frustrated by the Premier League’s stance and the length of time it is taking to conclude the matter. Richard Masters, the organisation’s chief executive, said in January that the dispute would be resolved in a “timely manner”. Six months on, the 48-year-old businesswoman is still waiting.

Even if Staveley gets the green light to take over the club, the prospective owners are concerned that there will be little time left in the transfer window to allow them to stamp their mark on Newcastle before the new season. The open letter to Crouch is an attempt to pile pressure on the Premier League.

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

Ahhh after he was prompted for comment but not part of his original thread. But fair enough. 

Not exactly the most committed commentary though seeing as though it's the salient part of the club and AS's statements. 

Was just highlighting it for you as I thought you'd be interested :thup:

Not like whoever it was earlier deliberately misrepresenting what he'd said, which helps nobody.