Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It does seem strange considering she has previously said she can't say anything due to an NDA. Does she simply not give a shit anymore (which is a risk as she could be sued) or has she been given the all clear from lawyers to speak about it, in which case surely that would only be once an agreement has been reached? 

9 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

It does seem strange considering she has previously said she can't say anything due to an NDA. Does she simply not give a shit anymore (which is a risk as she could be sued) or has she been given the all clear from lawyers to speak about it, in which case surely that would only be once an agreement has been reached? 

It's nothing case specific though, is it?

I actually can't bring myself to watch any of these Staveley interviews because hearing such positive words from her about what could happen to the team and area would just break me if the deal fell through. Honestly not sure I could cope.

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Talking about all of the great stuff that will happen doesn't seem a very bright idea if you think its going to fail. I'm encouraged by this.

It is going to help build outrage if arbitration is lost

2 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

This takeover would have gone through by now, had PIF been taking over Man United or Liverpool. Goes without saying 

PL is a cartel ran by the big 6 and TV companies 

The government did block Sky from buying Man United a good few years back. 

7 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

It is going to help build outrage if arbitration is lost

I guess there is the chance of that. Pretty cruel tbh. And do the fans need any more stirring anyway?

10 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

The monopolies and mergers commission blocked it on the basis that it would be anti-competitive. Our situation is sort of the opposite of that, our case is that the deal has been blocked, at least in part, due to potentially an anti-competitive influence from the big 6. They might not have minded as much if it had been one of their club being taken over.

25 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The monopolies and mergers commission blocked it on the basis that it would be anti-competitive. Our situation is sort of the opposite of that, our case is that the deal has been blocked, at least in part, due to potentially an anti-competitive influence from the big 6. They might not have minded as much if it had been one of their club being taken over.

Yeah, it was more the idea that it would be waved through without issue if it was one of them and that TV companies make the decisions. Clearly not true there. 

Guest reefatoon
47 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I guess there is the chance of that. Pretty cruel tbh. And do the fans need any more stirring anyway?

They definitely do. With everything going on at our club over the years, we are the most placid, pliable bunch of supporters that just sit back and let any old shit be thrown at us. We definitely need stirring up to get off our arses for once.

14 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

They definitely do. With everything going on at our club over the years, we are the most placid, pliable bunch of supporters that just sit back and let any old shit be thrown at us. We definitely need stirring up to get off our arses for once.

Aye, I reassessed my statement as soon as I posted it, lol.

I still don't understand why she has left it so late to do this. If she had gone public a month ago that would have given plenty of time to whip the support into a proper frenzy before arbitration starts. And more time to work on the government getting involved.

Edited by Wandy

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I still don't understand why she has left it so late to do this. If she had gone public a month ago that would have given plenty of time to whip the support into a proper frenzy before arbitration starts. And more time to work on the government getting involved.

The pessimist will say it's desperation, i'm leaning more towards it being that tbh.

Sorry, if things are going well, we don't need to hear all this.

1 hour ago, Joey Linton said:

But in one case, this was the government intervening to prevent a takeover, not the premier league.

In the other, it seems like the premier league have intervened and not the government.

So, isn't this a completely different example?

16 minutes ago, Wandy said:

They still don't have a date for it to start do they?  What would be the point in doing it a month ago when you don't know when it's gonna start, maybe they're now believing it's gonna kick off so time to activate.

23 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The pessimist will say it's desperation, i'm leaning more towards it being that tbh.

Sorry, if things are going well, we don't need to hear all this.

What isn't going well though as neither case has started yet? Maybe this is pressure on the PL and their delaying tactics more than anything else.

Making it transparent doesn't help either case as such, the evidence is the evidence surely

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

What isn't going well though as neither case has started yet? Maybe this is pressure on the PL and their delaying tactics more than anything else.

Making it transparent doesn't help either case as such, the evidence is the evidence surely

IF Dick Masters had been offered the CEO post in the ESL it doesn't prove the EPL didn't legally apply the ODT correctly. But in the court of public opinion he would be finished.

1 minute ago, morpeth mag said:

IF Dick Masters had been offered the CEO post in the ESL it doesn't prove the EPL didn't legally apply the ODT correctly. But in the court of public opinion he would be finished.

But that doesn't mean the interviews are a sign of desperation though. 

I think, ultimately, if the government does jump in - it’ll be the potential investment in the area that lights a fire under their arses.

That really being hammered home in AS’s last two interviews. What MP doesn’t want a City style windfall in their area that creates homes, jobs and infrastructure?