Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

I think, ultimately, if the government does jump in - it’ll be the potential investment in the area that lights a fire under their arses.

That really being hammered home in AS’s last two interviews. What MP doesn’t want a City style windfall in their area that creates homes, jobs and infrastructure?

Exactly, Newcastle City Council and that fucking waste of a space North Tyne Mayor should be banging govts door down over this.

4 hours ago, NE27 said:

Don't know why but hearing all of this England is galvanising the nation with their performance. Government personnel talking about how great it is and exactly what everyone needs.

All the while the exact opposite is happening with NUFC and nobody gives a flying fuck.

This takeover honestly does consume a lot of my thinking, I can't comprehend this not happening because the future for NUFC is afaic dead otherwise.

It may be true of other clubs, but talking just about nufc for a moment. This stuff really has widespread effects on the region not just through investment, but the general mentality and attitude of people. Even people who aren't fans per se can feel when the vibes are good and things ride on a crest of optimism.

How utterly powerless we are right now. People like Masters deciding what is sound and legit for our club, as we sit here a festering pile of shit and a laughing stock from playing staff down to academy, dilapidated stadium down to lacklustre training facilities.

I'm sick of it tbh.

Aye. The atmosphere in Newcastle, during Keegan's first stint was magical.

46 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

They still don't have a date for it to start do they?  What would be the point in doing it a month ago when you don't know when it's gonna start, maybe they're now believing it's gonna kick off so time to activate.

According to the CAT website statements we have known since the end of May that arbitration would start in July.

Positive vibes.  To me it seems like a massive push to ensure that everyone in the country hears what they want from the premier league, so that it doesn't go under the radar should the PL still hide behind confidentiality.

I probably don't need to look back far, but I'm certain we were told that when things went quiet that's when things would happen. Now there's more noise again, that's positive too?

How are we supposed to keep track?

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Surely De Marco has given the green light to all these interviews 

Surely there's no debate here? It'll all be part of the strategy. The fact it was David Craig she spoke to the other day tells you everything. It's all being orchestrated by the collective. 

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I probably don't need to look back far, but I'm certain we were told that when things went quiet that's when things would happen. Now there's more noise again, that's positive too?

Awaiting the inevitable Joey Linton and Fantail Breeze 'like' wank-fest. 

Just now, deejeck said:

She has a beautiful, posh totty voice.  I could listen to her talk for hours, she could be reading the timetable for the 308 for all I care :love:

She'd be an absolute breath of fresh air for this club, Saudi's or not.

1 minute ago, deejeck said:

She has a beautiful, posh totty voice.  I could listen to her talk for hours, she could be reading the timetable for the 308 for all I care :love:

My wife sounds like that and it does your tits in after a while, believe me.

3 minutes ago, Rocker said:

My wife sounds like that and it does your tits in after a while, believe me.

Mine too. Keep reminding her that there’s no “r” in barth or Newcarstle

21 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Maybe just think what you want and don’t try and stir up more shite in here?

16 minutes ago, deejeck said:

I think my Mrs might occasionally dip in here so I'm saying nothing [emoji38]

Mine too! ;D

Hey honey, if you're reading this I love you so much, thank you for making me the man I am today.  Never knew I could appreciate home furnishing and HGTV so much.

Oh, and that other 'stuff' in my browsing history....  that must be some kinda of virus.   

49 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Good luck with this. 

To be fair it did go quiet for a long while when everyone was trying to find out about arbitration. Either all this noise is now because it's just about done and dusted or something something not as positive.