Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Ashley17 said:
1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I probably don't need to look back far, but I'm certain we were told that when things went quiet that's when things would happen. Now there's more noise again, that's positive too?

How are we supposed to keep track?

Maybe just think what you want and don’t try and stir up more shite in here?

Seems rather OTT....

Guest reefatoon

Just watched her interview there. Was interesting that she said it wasn’t down to the separation issue regarding PIF. 

Also, when she talks what they want to do man. Fucking hell this whole situation gets you so fucking mad.

Edited by reefatoon

33 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Seems rather OTT....

Maybe, I just find the constant fishing for a fight tedious. I expect it from some of the newer posters who I’m convinced only signed up to wind people up but Shearergol has been here as long as I can remember. Our prospective new owner has done an interview and the first thought is “who can I score points off?” It’s silly.

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Just watched her interview there. Was interesting that she said it wasn’t down to the separation issue regarding PIF. 

Also, when she talks what they want to do man. Fucking hell this whole situation gets you so fucking mad.

Where is the full interview?

Guest reefatoon
Just now, DurhamMag said:

Where is the full interview?

I haven’t seen the full one yet, just the part that was on the Tyne tees news there at 6. :thup:

17 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

If its not about that then WTF is going on? Piracy? If so that should be cleared as well.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If its not about that then WTF is going on? Piracy? If so that should be cleared as well.

Corrupt horibble cunts denying us a takeover because of outside influences, also the cunts influencing them most likely hold something damning over them, hence the absolute reluctance to give in.

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Corrupt horibble cunts denying us a takeover because of outside influences, also the cunts influencing them most likely hold something damning over them, hence the absolute reluctance to give in.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m pretty sure I heard her say the separation between PIF and the state wasn’t an issue anymore.  

This now makes me think the EPL have gone down the arbitration route so as to not be seen to approve the deal with all the outside influences.. BeIN Sports, The Widow and others

Another excellent interview there by Staveley.

We simply are not doing enough as a fanbase and a region to force this through. Our MPs are a fucking disgrace. Why are our local Labour MPs not hammering down Starmer's door, telling him to get involved? Does he want to win back the North East or fucking what?

Dare I say it, but there should be a separate thread on here dedicated solely to action that is to be organised by the fanbase to force this through.  And a good start would be to organise repeat demonstrations outside the Premier League's HQ. I've never been one for getting involved in the anti-Ashley demos in town because they were a waste of time. But I'd be up for one outside the doors of these scumbags.

What the fuck are NUST doing right now man? They really need to get their fucking shit together, and do more than write a few polite letters. It's time they got militant.

Edited by Wandy

Maybe piracy or seperation wasn't ever an issue. Maybe it was simply the PL were told by the big 6 that under no uncertain terms must they approve this deal. 

Who would have thought [emoji38]

(cue the PL telling Jacobs "its a piracy issue" ) 

Edited by Scotty66

The Premier League has declined to comment.

Just now, Scotty66 said:

Maybe piracy or seperation wasn't ever an issue. Maybe it was simply the PL were told by the big 6 that under no uncertain terms must they approve this deal. 

Who would have thought [emoji38]

So how can they stop it? It was stopped for separation issues, if that isn't an issue now, why hasn't it gone through?

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So how can they stop it? It was stopped for separation issues, if that isn't an issue now, why hasn't it gone through?

I believe they can't stop it, and so do the buyers. She wants it made public so the truth comes to light and the PL and big 6 get found out. It's just they stalled and stalled and stalled. If it was seperation/piracy then surely it would have been officially rejected. 

It just hasn't gone through yet due to the legal minefield and the PL still dragging every single issue out for as long as they can. 

Edited by Scotty66

7 hours ago, et tu brute said:

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

WTF so she is saying the separation is not an issue? Then WTF is the hold up then?

I don't think she said that did she? She was asked "the Premier league didn't think the right information was forthcoming on who would actually own the club"

She then said "oh no, that's not the case at all". 

Basically she was just disagreeing that they didn't recieve that right information.

Unless I missed a bit?

53 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

I don't think that's what she was saying, she was saying that they had answered all of the questions in relation to that.

We know the arbitration definitely is about that because it's confirmed in the high court decision.