Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

EPL will absolutely hope we go down next season  :lol:

Think we'll oblige and all with Admiral Bacon at the wheel house.

No they won't, they could care less what happens as long as we don't start threatening the footballing royal family clubs, i.e., Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They'd probably be more than happy to see us finish 13-17th under Ashley/some other cunt with limited funds.

Wonder if we’ll get fewer matches on tv next season?

Don’t think I can be bothered with the premier league next season and beyond. I’m always just gonna feel bitter. Even if we get another takeover it won’t be the same

No they won't, they could care less what happens as long as we don't start threatening the footballing royal family clubs, i.e., Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They'd probably be more than happy to see us finish 13-17th under Ashley/some other cunt with limited funds.

I meant if we keep up annoying their Twitter feeds, just having a mess round dude.

Depends if crowds are back. It's the support that makes our matches interesting, if we are still playing in empty stadiums, why would anyone want to watch our football? It's lower league stuff + Maximan.

Don’t think I can be bothered with the premier league next season and beyond. I’m always just gonna feel bitter. Even if we get another takeover it won’t be the same

Honestly think there's more chance of Richard Keys ignoring teenage girls in miniskirts than us getting a new owner.

Guest neesy111

Depends if crowds are back. It's the support that makes our matches interesting, if we are still playing in empty stadiums, why would anyone want to watch our football? It's lower league stuff + Maximan.

We are still one of the most watched teams even in recent seasons.  I do agree which sane people will want to watch our games next season.

We are still one of the most watched teams even in recent seasons.  I do agree which sane people will want to watch our games next season.

I don't think you can underestimate how much our fans bring to games, atmosphere is a big part of the watching experience. With Covid and the general loss of hope among the NUFC fanbase, I think our games will become less appealing going forward. There was already a 10,000 drop off in the gate even last season. Can't imagine what it will be like after this.

Honestly think there's more chance of Richard Keys ignoring teenage girls in miniskirts than us getting a new owner.

Well, aye I was just emphasising how bitter I am towards the PL

Guest neesy111

I don't think you can underestimate how much our fans bring to games, atmosphere is a big part of the watching experience. With Covid and the general loss of hope among the NUFC fanbase, I think our games will become less appealing going forward. There was already a 10,000 drop off in the gate even last season. Can't imagine what it will be like after this.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

If fans are still locked out will we see a repeat of the end of this season where every match is available to watch on tv ?

Yes.

If fans are still locked out will we see a repeat of the end of this season where every match is available to watch on tv ?

Yes.

It’s already came out that, that’s not the case it will be back to normal broadcasting

How great would it be if someone high profile like Shearer came out and criticised the PL?

Sadly seems like all our ex players and managers etc don’t have the balls.

Shearers on the payroll, no chance of him doing it.

Yep. They’ll need also-ran teams for their favourite clubs to beat

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games

100% correct. If they didn't pirate the games and hurt the financial bottom line of the PL then of course they'd be allowed in. That being said they have handled this whole process very badly.

People on here acting like it's a big conspiracy to hold Newcastle down is a bit embarassing imo.

They won't.  It'll die out like the anti sports direct tweets.  Prem will just stay quiet until this blows over.

Never blow over for me, anything that any club wins now is done with the condition Newcastle's ambition was blocked,

2021-22  Champions Man City/Liverpool *

* while only 6 clubs were allowed to compete.

According to this logic, you'd still have to apply the asterisk if we were bought but change it to 7 clubs allowed to compete instead of 6, no?

Guest neesy111

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games

100% correct. If they didn't pirate the games and hurt the financial bottom line of the PL then of course they'd be allowed in. That being said they have handled this whole process very badly.

People on here acting like it's a big conspiracy to hold Newcastle down is a bit embarassing imo.

Yeah, the issue is the link between PIF and KSA, if that couldn't be separated then PIF will be linked to the piracy.  The PL need heavily criticising over the timing it's took and communication, but the buyers have been very naive imo.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

This is like waking up from the most beautiful dream - you've been drinking heavily yet once asleep you dream of that huge lottery win and the list of fabulous women you would immdeiately shag ( Binoche , Audrey Tatou etc -  make your own list up : ) then somewhere around 3 am in the morning you are rudely awakened to the reality that you've shat the bed with the drink

They won't.  It'll die out like the anti sports direct tweets.  Prem will just stay quiet until this blows over.

Never blow over for me, anything that any club wins now is done with the condition Newcastle's ambition was blocked,

2021-22  Champions Man City/Liverpool *

* while only 6 clubs were allowed to compete.

According to this logic, you'd still have to apply the asterisk if we were bought but change it to 7 clubs allowed to compete instead of 6, no?

Nope, it'll still be 6. One of the current 6 would be dropped.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory against Newcastle per se,  but there have definitely been objections made from league rivals and other parties, when the bottom line is, that they should have nothing to do with the O&D decision.

The PL need to come out and qualify what the sticking points were, but I suspect they won't as these could be challenged legally. Will be interesting to see if Ashley makes a legal case against the PL, as that effectively is our only hope of resurrecting this particular deal.