Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

enjoy the game today. Yes it’s likely we’ll put in a turgid performance and get hammered and yes it means nothing but it could be our last under Ashley

enjoy the game today. Yes it’s likely we’ll put in a turgid performance and get hammered and yes it means nothing but it could be our last under Ashley

It IS our last Ashley/Bruce game.

I wouldn't say 'enjoy it', but it will be our last chance to feel that "absolute hopelessness" during a match, that we have all felt for so long.

So, while you can't 'enjoy' it, just 'experience' it - safe in the knowledge that it is ALL OVER . . .

I want to believe you and I hope what you're saying actually happens.

Can you please for one last tine clarify your reasons why it is happening tomorrow and what is the source of your confidence from just so I can fully get on board with your cult/theory?

IS our last Ashley/Bruce game.

I wouldn't say 'enjoy it', but it will be our last chance to feel that "absolute hopelessness" during a match, that we have all felt for so long.

So, while you can't 'enjoy' it, just 'experience' it - safe in the knowledge that it is ALL OVER . . .

Can you please for one last tine clarify your reasons why it is happening tomorrow and what is the source of your confidence from just so I can fully get on board with your cult/theory?

Logic, commonsense and bowing to the inevitable.

None of which are applicable or relevant to this anymore

Er, not correct!!

Just taking the last of the three things - 'bowing to the inevitable' - that is probably the clearest and MOST relevant!

The club is sold, it was sold many months ago, our new owners are experienced and capable people (all three of the groups involved) and if the Premier League were going to reject approval then they would not have spent all this (very) long time negotiating with our new owners.

That explains the 'bowing to the inevitable' aspect of this.

Manorparkian syndrome. Where the sufferer thinks if he says something enough it will finally come to fruition.  Logic would say announcement end of season but this seems to be the best kept secret since Shearer and the Duchess.

Mid May I think you kept saying over and over didn't you :lol:

That was from someone at the club as well. The lack of leaks during this transaction Shows how big a player PIF are.

Er, not correct!!

Just taking the last of the three things - 'bowing to the inevitable' - that is probably the clearest and MOST relevant!

The club is sold, it was sold many months ago, our new owners are experienced and capable people (all three of the groups involved) and if the Premier League were going to reject approval then they would not have spent all this (very) long time negotiating with our new owners.

Well it doesn't really. Unless you have conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise. Logic, commonsense and bowing to the inevitable say this should have been done an dusted within a few weeks, yet here we are 13?  Weeks later still wondering what's going on

Er, not correct!!

Well it doesn't really. Unless you have conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise. Logic, commonsense and bowing to the inevitable say this should have been done an dusted within a few weeks, yet here we are 13?  Weeks later still wondering what's going on

I mentioned the (very) long time taken in negotiation, and explained the significance of that in that it clearly points to that being a legitimate part of the 'certainty' around the eventual (bowing to the inevitable) outcome.

The PL certainly would not have engaged in all that, inviting responses from a group of hugely capable people (remember THAT is what our new owners are) if this was not part of an inevitable, if 'slow', process.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/07/newcastle-united-takeover-china-concentration-camps-and-where-the-premier-league-went-wrong/

opens your eyes to whats going on in china, as AlexStLeger  said it makes  Mohammed bin Salman look like Mother Teresa

Newcastle United takeover – China, Concentration Camps, and Where the Premier League Went Wrong

Let’s not talk about the Newcastle United takeover. For a minute. Please.

Let’s talk about something the Premier League doesn’t want us to talk about: Southampton and Wolves.

Let’s talk about their Chinese owners and the crimes against humanity the Premier League would like us to forget about.

The world is captivated by the plight of the Chinese Uyghurs, a predominantly Muslim ethnic minority that inhabits the province of Xinjiang, on China’s western border.

Since 2017, the Chinese Communist Party has been conducting a ruthless genocide of the Uyghur population. Rounding up Uyghurs and holding them in concentration camps, the Uyghurs are subject to the most horrid of human experiments. Firsthand accounts describe Uyghur women being given injections “until she stopped having her period, and kicked repeatedly in the lower stomach”, being “force-fed birth control pills” and “injected with fluids”. Most horrifyingly, an eyewitness account details Chinese authorities “inserting an electric vacuum into one woman’s womb and sucking her fetus out of her body.”

The genocide is being implemented thanks to significant activity by the People’s Armed Police (PAP). They are described as a “paramilitary force responsible for riots, disruptions, serious violent crimes, and terrorist attacks”. A report in the prominent American publication Foreign Policy stated that “the People’s Armed Police, not the army itself, is the sharp edge of daily repression on the mainland”. It later claimed that “the paramilitary PAP actually does much of the dirty work domestically in clamping down on internal dissent.”

How does any of this relate to the Premier League and the Newcastle United takeover in particular?

A South China Morning Post report from 2019 reveals something spectacularly slimy. In his pursuit of Southampton, Mr. Gao had prepared a bid for the club using his sport investment vehicle, Lander Sports. However, his bid was blocked. Mr. Gao failed the “fit and proper person” test. His paramilitary record was not at fault, but rather the multiple corruption cases leveled against him in China.

This did not deter Mr. Gao. Using a team of elite corporate lawyers, he registered “Lander UK” with Companies House in London, and hatched a scheme centering around his daughter, Nelly, to blatantly skirt Premier League oversight on his way to an 80% stake in Southampton for around £210 million.

You should know about Mr. Gao Jisheng, the Chinese chairman of Southampton. A billionaire who made his fortune during the Chinese real-estate boom of the 1990s, Mr. Gao is himself a decorated veteran of the PAP. His penchant for lawlessness, doubtless a product of his PAP upbringing, is something he brought to England.

A South China Morning Post report from 2019 reveals something spectacularly slimy. In his pursuit of Southampton, Mr. Gao had prepared a bid for the club using his sport investment vehicle, Lander Sports. However, his bid was blocked. Mr. Gao failed the “fit and proper person” test. His paramilitary record was not at fault, but rather the multiple corruption cases leveled against him in China.

This did not deter Mr. Gao. Using a team of elite corporate lawyers, he registered “Lander UK” with Companies House in London, and hatched a scheme centering around his daughter, Nelly, to blatantly skirt Premier League oversight on his way to an 80% stake in Southampton for around £210 million.

This should flabbergast anyone following the Newcastle United takeover saga. What blatant disregard for institutional ethics.

Can you imagine if that was Newcastle? Someone on Mars would be able to hear the fit that the Guardian would throw.

Now, Wolves.

The majority stakeholder of Wolves is Chinese conglomerate Fosun International. Chaired by Guo Guangchang, one of China’s richest men, Fosun holds investments in sectors ranging from gold mining to luxury fashion. After being detained by Chinese authorities for conducting investments without government sanction, Mr. Guo remarked in 2018 that “Our overseas investments are approved by the Chinese government.” Michael Hirson, director of the Eurasia Group, said that his detention was a warning shot to show “how serious President Xi is about loyalty to him and his agenda.”

This setup carries an inherent risk: that any club activity at Wolves is directly related to the advancement of Chinese Communist Party policy. Fraser Howie, an expert on Chinese financial markets, stated that:

“When you’re dealing with Chinese companies, you have to be aware of the potential political pressures. The issue is how the deals are funded, and whether they fit into state aims and can be said to be benefiting the country.”

As for Newcastle? The Chinese government’s smorgasbord of deceptive, bloody, and corrupt activity makes Mohammed bin Salman look like Mother Teresa. Whether it be the construction and militarisation of artificial islands in the South China Sea or their crushing of the One Country-Two Systems mandate in Hong Kong, this corrupt regime’s aversion to any sort of ethical norm has no place in the game we love.

For Richard Masters and the Premier League, their complicity is damning.

The scrutiny of our prospective owners, both public and private, is important. But in their consideration of the Public Investment Fund’s takeover, the Premier League cannot claim any sort of moral pedestal without acknowledging a glaring double-standard on China.

If practitioners of genocide are allowed to run the clubs we love, why can’t the Saudis have their chance?

The days and weeks ahead contain many questions and few answers. But make no mistake: any rejection of this Newcastle United takeover will not be on any moral or ethical grounds. That ship has long since sailed. They can’t really think we’re that stupid.

Alexander St. Leger is a Newcastle fan from the United States and you can follow him on Twitter at @AlexStLeger

Guo Guangchang isn't the Chinese state, next.

There is some evidence that the actions of the CCP satisfy the conditions of a person or entity of “control” that has influence over Wolves.

Not saying there’s a strong argument, but you can’t say there’s no argument.

The thing that gives me confidence is what kind of message does it send to the Saudis if gets rejected? You can buy billions of pounds worth of products off us and you’re an important ally, but you aren’t fit enough to own a football club....

I was excited until he said "led by Messi". Kind of destroys any credibility the source was hoping to have. :lol:

Did you not read his comment below explaining the statement?