Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’ve no doubt ‘talks’ are on going but as caulkin said it’s difficult to see a pathway to a positive outcome. Also what are these talks? Are the consortium talking amongst themselves trying to find a solution? Are they actually talking with the PL. masters has already said the deal is off the table and there’s nothing to consider.

Pure guess work but Ashley hasn’t taken bid off table and it’s still with PL, we know for definite all communication must go through club.

It’s rumoured Ashley is working to save deal, I suspect he’s still in dialogue with consortium and PL to find a way to get this through.

Will it happen who knows, but the point being there is a glimmer and certainly discussions are still happening. It’s been reported PIF will return if green light is assured, how they get to that point is for far more skilled people in this sphere than ourselves to work out.

Also it’s still worth recalling the Southampton takeover, they initially knocked it back but found a way to restructure it.

I still retain hope that Rick Astley will be belting out over the tannoy before Xmas to herald Staveley’s arrival (sorry for the last sentence Shaun).

The actual deal expired and no longer exists. In reality, despite what Amanda Staveley said, Ashley probably fucked the consortium right off, by trying to get more money out of them.

Careful now, you don't want the usual suspects claiming you hate women by saying things like that.  :lol:

:lol:

I wasn't looking to point the finger at her. It was right for her to be nice to Ashley as they are/were trying to conduct a business deal, but I'm at a loss as to what is now being discussed if the deal has expired and the PIF have publicly pulled out.

I do want to be wrong, I really do, but I don't want to spend any more energy waiting and hoping for positive news.

Who says the deal has expired? Publicly pulling out is different to privately as well.

I’ve been pretty sure for the last month that things will almost certainly be happening behind the scenes in an effort to get the deal / OD test passed quietly.

I really feel that the whole public withdrawal is a ploy to throw Bein, Amnesty etc off the scent, keep it out of the public eye, and get it passed without further public scrutiny.

It only became public last time because of the companies house stuff. That doesn’t need to happen this time. In theory the next we would likely hear (providing there are no leaks) is if the deal goes through or not.

I'm not sure how easily I'll find it but i'm sure it was very widely reported when the PIF pulled out that the deal had actually expired in April; hence Ashley trying to up the price. Certainly, Amanda Staveley made reference to Ashley wanting more but that it wasn't going to be a problem for them.

Also, the BEin/Amnesty objections haven't suddenly gone away. They are there in the PL's head so any privacy now isnt going to make them go away.

I really don't think there's any 4D chess going on here. The most likely scenario is exactly what it appears to be: PL asked for information PIF/SA didn't want to give, PIF got fed up and pulled out, Ashley upset, Stavely upset, parties still "interested" (except maybe PIF), deal not 100% dead for all eternity, but no legitimate reason to have any particular hope.

I really don't think there's any 4D chess going on here. The most likely scenario is exactly what it appears to be: PL asked for information PIF/SA didn't want to give, PIF got fed up and pulled out, Ashley upset, Stavely upset, parties still "interested" (except maybe PIF), deal not 100% dead for all eternity, but no legitimate reason to have any particular hope.

Think that’s the most obvious scenario so also the most likely.

Guest Howaythetoon

Arabs and Reubens are out, Stavely has to either do this herself or find new investors who will have to go through the whole process again. She will be back in Jan, she isn’t going away, that’s the confidence I think Ashley draws from that he will eventually get what he wants for the club if not then/now/then at some point as long as she/PCP are still interested, seems like it’s a personal goal with her now!

Arabs and Reubens are out, Stavely has to either do this herself or find new investors who will have to go through the whole process again. She will be back in Jan, she isn’t going away, that’s the confidence I think Ashley draws from that he will eventually get what he wants for the club if not then/now/then at some point as long as she/PCP are still interested, seems like it’s a personal goal with her now!

Such waffle :lol:

If she has to find new investors then how come she knows she will be back in January?

The bid in the summer took a year to build.

Correct.

Guest reefatoon

HTT is the epitome of the dad joke. Will rattle out the same repertoire constantly because it got a chuckle from someone in 1979. Keep it going lad.

If PIF are categorically not interested, which is a fair assumption to make, then the deals dead and there's therefore nothing to discuss. Ashley is notoriously short on patience so what talks could possibly be going on with Ashley and the people who only want 20% of the club? What's the alternative reality to PIF actually still being in discussions which makes the narrative above make sense?

If PIF are categorically not interested, which is a fair assumption to make, then the deals dead and there's therefore nothing to discuss. Ashley is notoriously short on patience so what talks could possibly be going on with Ashley and the people who only want 20% of the club? What's the alternative reality to PIF actually still being in discussions which makes the narrative above make sense?

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. My point is I don't see any reason to believe any real or productive "talks" are happening.

PIF said that if the PL ever decide to give the deal the green light then they'll come back didn't they?

In the meantime they're probably looking at other options and not really doing anything to get this deal sorted. If anyone it will just be Staveley and Ashley.

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. My point is I don't see any reason to believe any real or productive "talks" are happening.

Talks are either on or off. There's no middle ground here that makes sense imo.

So the notion of non productive talks taking place makes no sense. Either they're all in or they're not.

PIF said that if the PL ever decide to give the deal the green light then they'll come back didn't they?

In the meantime they're probably looking at other options and not really doing anything to get this deal sorted. If anyone it will just be Staveley and Ashley.

I don't think they said that. People have assumed it.

So the notion of non productive talks taking place makes no sense. Either they're all in or they're not.

Got it: you're being pedantic. Cool.

People can signal to the press that they'd still be "interested". They can tell each other they'd still do a deal if any of x, y, or z happen. I guess you'd call that talks, since you're operating on an I/O basis. But the reality is there's no there there.

“Even now, if the Premier League came to us and said ‘we will approve you’ we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium,” Amanda Staveley interviewed in The Athletic on 30th July.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT is the epitome of the dad joke. Will rattle out the same repertoire constantly because it got a chuckle from someone in 1979. Keep it going lad.

Will do pops :thup:

Got it: you're being pedantic. Cool.

People can signal to the press that they'd still be "interested". They can tell each other they'd still do a deal if any of x, y, or z happen. I guess you'd call that talks, since you're operating on an I/O basis. But the reality is there's no there there.

Crikey. Salty much?

I'm the pedant whilst you redefine and stretch what the reported "talks" could mean? How about they mean negoiations are still ongoing? That is far less convoluted than what you're offering.

Because if as you say the most likely situation is that PIF are out, then the other 2 parties expressing "interest" means precisely f*** all and certainly don't constitute "talks" in the manner you are inferring. There's a big f*** off £280m gap to fill ffs.

It just doesn't make sense, what's hard to understand about that?

Guest reefatoon

Hey I am with you, I’m all for the dad jokes

“Even now, if the Premier League came to us and said ‘we will approve you’ we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium,” Amanda Staveley interviewed in The Athletic on 30th July.

Massive massive pinch of salt. I think that's pretty obvious.

Not really it’s an actual quote from the woman who put the bid together, so not pretty obvious at all.

Also local journalists have actually spoke to PIF, Mark Douglas stated he was told they’d be back like a shot to complete deal if given go ahead.

Why? Anyway, the point is that people haven't just assumed it, Staveley has been directly quoted as saying it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hey I am with you, I’m all for the dad jokes

:smitten: