Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Our fan base is a joke mind. Couple of token gesture signings and everyone has their pants down and bending over again. There is no way Mike is going anywhere when life is this easy. Nothing ever changes.

There's nowhere for him to go tbh. I think he'd gladly sell up, but other than state backed investors like PIF, I just don't see any credible buyers out there. Maybe in a year or two when football gets back to normal, we might see some interest, but right now all we are going to get are wankers like Mauriss and the Loh twins throwing everyone off the scent. 

Our fan base is a joke mind. Couple of token gesture signings and everyone has their pants down and bending over again. There is no way Mike is going anywhere when life is this easy. Nothing ever changes.

So what are they supposed to do? Demand Messi? Bomb his helicopter? Stand outside SJP and egg everyone that walks in?

A billionaire protecting his investment from being worth a fraction of the price. Front page news.

Weirdest reply ever. No doubt you have been sucked back in hook line and sinker. Simpleton.

I've not been to a game in 4 years so try again. Tosser.

I've just read your recent posts - you seem fun at parties.

Sadly i can see alot of the fans who haven't been for years going back now  so ashley wins again

Why would they? It'll be the ones who never left or some new ones. The ones who left must have had a horrible decision to make to do so, they're not gonna change their mind on the back of a few relegated players joining us.

Sadly i can see alot of the fans who haven't been for years going back now  so ashley wins again

Why would they? It'll be the ones who never left or some new ones. The ones who left must have had a horrible decision to make to do so, they're not gonna change their mind on the back of a few relegated players joining us.

Not Ashleys fault pif pulled out etc and just wanting to go to a game with a mate after covid

Its really depressing.  Just how long is it going to take some people to realise that "support the team not the regime" doesn't work, its complete bollocks.  By supporting any aspect of NUFC you're supporting the regime.

There is no half way house were we hate that Ashley ripped the soul out of the club and is slowly minimising it until it becomes some shithouse Derby county level nothing club, but we're also happy with the signings this summer so we're going to "support the lads", its fucking mental shite.

Guest reefatoon

Its really depressing.  Just how long is it going to take some people to realise that "support the team not the regime" doesn't work, its complete bollocks.  By supporting any aspect of NUFC you're supporting the regime.

There is no half way house here were we can hate that Ashley has ripped the soul out of the club and is slowly minimising it until eventually it'll be some shithouse Derby county level nothing club, but we're also happy with the signings this summer so we're going to "support the lads", its fucking mental shite.

Exactly. After what has happened this year alone, it's beyond belief how anyone can muster up any kind of interest or support. Fuck Ashley, fuck Bruce, fuck the premier league and burn it all down. No amount of signings in the current climate should sway anybody, but there you go.

There is no half way house here were we can hate that Ashley has ripped the soul out of the club and is slowly minimising it until eventually it'll be some shithouse Derby county level nothing club, but we're also happy with the signings this summer so we're going to "support the lads", its fucking mental shite.

Exactly. After what has happened this year alone, it's beyond belief how anyone can muster up any kind of interest or support. Fuck Ashley, fuck Bruce, fuck the premier league and burn it all down. No amount of signings in the current climate should sway anybody, but there you go.

:snod: :snod: :snod: Anyone who goes back is a knob

Personally hope every goes even further. Stop even watching this shit on TV or listening on the radio, stop discussing the score or league placing, take no notice.  If someone even mentions NUFC to me now I just tell them "no interest, not even a real Football club while he's in charge".  People might think it has no effect, but its finally spreading to some of my mates who are now taking the same view.  That the club needs to be ignored until he leaves and it can become a real Football club again.

To be fair there are as many of our fans who have a pop at people who go to the match but do fuck all about it (don't attend protests, still shop at fat Mike's) as the folk who still go to the match. Our fan base are so fucking lazy/divided when it comes to any type of protest..

There are loads of people who proudly declare that they wouldn’t go to a game under Ashley who have never been to a fucking game in their lives!

Would I go and support the team NO, do I still want the club to do well Yes

Guest reefatoon

This is true. I am in full chip pisser mode since the breakdown of the takeover, just going to moan about it all. Can't wait to meet up with Menace[/member] at the next party for some serious pissing on chips.

There’s a distinct paradox in that we all want the club to do well yet it will never do as long as it persists with not attempting to meet or hold to account the required standards. It’s like putting half tank of petrol in your car and driving the rest of Route 66 on willpower/hope. There’s a correlation between attendance/financial support > vindication of methods > same again next year. If you like the day out and the powerful social aspects, belonging etc that’s fine. The argument is over on the spirting entity/football aspects though. It’s a fruitless exercise on that part.

Some would argue that’s being a football fan. If it means being laughed at again by Ashley then no ta.

There is no half way house were we hate that Ashley ripped the soul out of the club and is slowly minimising it until it becomes some shithouse Derby county level nothing club, but we're also happy with the signings this summer so we're going to "support the lads", its fucking mental shite.

This.

This.

Howay man. We’ve prised some big signings from some top clubs. Players who have relegation fighting experience (unsuccessful admittedly) A Geordie at the helm of his hometown club that he supported man and boy, a local lad CEO and an owner with a helicopter.

Wa ganna be great this year man.

I think the one thing that flurry of signings did yesterday was confirm to me that my interest in the club is virtually at zero, almost to the point where I'd struggle to call myself a supporter.

I literally could not have given a toss and found myself just shaking my head at all the excitable people on social media. He'll probably sell ASM on deadline day and they'll all be back out with their pitchforks.

I think the one thing that flurry of signings did yesterday was confirm to me that my interest in the club is virtually at zero, almost to the point where I'd struggle to call myself a supporter.

I literally could not have given a toss and found myself just shaking my head at all the excitable people on social media. He'll probably sell ASM on deadline day and they'll all be back out with their pitchforks.

Support the team, not the regime.