Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

Out of everything, I am probably more pissed off with myself for getting sucked in to it all. Thought the takeover was happening this time and I got that feeling back I hadn’t had for years. I could feel excitement and optimism about it all again, so when it fell on its arse, I was even more pissed off with it all than I previously was. Just left me really fucking bitter with it all. Hence my constant whinging about everything (it’s fucking therapeutic though!). Went from complete disinterest, to hope, to giddy excitement, to fury then to complete bitterness and hatred for it all. Cheers 2020 you utter utter cunt.

Out of everything, I am probably more pissed off with myself for getting sucked in to it all. Thought the takeover was happening this time and I got that feeling back I hadn’t had for years. I could feel excitement and optimism about it all again, so when it fell on its arse, I was even more pissed off with it all than I previously was. Just left me really fucking bitter with it all. Hence my constant whinging about everything (it’s fucking therapeutic though!). Went from complete disinterest, to hope, to giddy excitement, to fury then to complete bitterness and hatred for it all. Cheers 2020 you utter utter cunt.

Think most of us feel the same mate. There were days where I was convinced it was done. It’s the cruelest of blows. What makes it worse is that it was the PL that fucked us over this time I’m struggling to get over that. We are playing in a league I now utterly despise

Has there been a peep out of Staveley? She wanted the fans to kick up a stink with the PL when she pulled out the deal & we did. We've done what she's asked and have heard nowt from her since?

The obvious response is that every conversation is being held privately now so her not talking publicly is a good thing.

Roll on the summer 2021 takeover saga.

Think most of us feel the same mate. There were days where I was convinced it was done. It’s the cruelest of blows. What makes it worse is that it was the PL that fucked us over this time I’m struggling to get over that. We are playing in a league I now utterly despise

This is where I’m at too

The whole competition is utterly pointless

I think the one thing that flurry of signings did yesterday was confirm to me that my interest in the club is virtually at zero, almost to the point where I'd struggle to call myself a supporter.

I literally could not have given a toss and found myself just shaking my head at all the excitable people on social media. He'll probably sell ASM on deadline day and they'll all be back out with their pitchforks.

You are not alone.  I have almost totally checked out and will likely remain this way until Ashley is gone.  I'll check in from time to time to see how shit our performances have been or to find out about the latest controversy or club scandal, but it'll be at a much lower tempo to previous years (decades).

Has there been a peep out of Staveley? She wanted the fans to kick up a stink with the PL when she pulled out the deal & we did. We've done what she's asked and have heard nowt from her since?

The obvious response is that every conversation is being held privately now so her not talking publicly is a good thing.

A more obvious response is that there's nothing going on so there's nothing to say

A more obvious response is that there's nothing going on so there's nothing to say

That's the one I agree with.

That's the one I agree with.

Its soooooooo obvious what is going on............Staveley will win her case against Barclays and use the money to buy NUFC with the Reuben brothers.  Armaco will then do a sponsorship deal with NUFC for £80M a year and then Saudis will bid and win TV rights in MENA and finally.............PIF will then buy into NUFC taking majority share off Staveley/Reuben Bros.

Sooooo obvious!

Can’t see Staveley winning against Barclays unfortunately. Certainly not for that amount anyway.

Even if anything is still happening, the Barclay stuff will be her priority at the moment. I'd certainly be concetrating more on trying to get hold of 1.5b than trying to arrange taking charge if a new company

Then why doesn't she come out and say so? After all, she's so trustworthy.

same. But I'm not convinced I'll care even post-Ash. I'm not gonna flounce away or owt, but it's just background TV nowadays.

Thing is, being competitive because you have the right billionaire is almost as depressing as being uncompetitive because you have the wrong billionaire. Neither is sport.

My love of football is currently such that a player called calvin phillips has played for england and for the first time ever, i dont know who he is, who he plays for or even his position.

There was a time when i knew loads about every player, even opposition at international level, who each player plays for, their strongest foot, who they play for at club level whether england played brazil or the faroe islands.

now im not even bothering with international football or any other premiership games. Last season, id tune in and out of games not particularly arsed if i missed 10 mins here or 15 mins there.

i should find that quite sad but im not really fussed at the moment.

As fans we represent the club as much as the club represents its fans and at the moment, both are dysfunctional.. The takeover was an opportunity to reignite my voice and passion for the club, not so much because of the riches and the potential for glory but to reaffirm my emotional attachment to my club.

That attachment now seems to be slowly slipping away.

My love of football is currently such that a player called calvin phillips has played for england and for the first time ever, i dont know who he is, who he plays for or even his position.

There was a time when i knew loads about every player, even opposition at international level, who each player plays for, their strongest foot, who they play for at club level whether england played brazil or the faroe islands.

now im not even bothering with international football or any other premiership games. Last season, id tune in and out of games not particularly arsed if i missed 10 mins here or 15 mins there.

As fans we represent the club as much as the club represents its fans and at the moment, both are dysfunctional.. The takeover was an opportunity to reignite my voice and passion for the club, not so much because of the riches and the potential for glory but to reaffirm my emotional attachment to my club.

Who's Calvin Phillips? Never heard of him either

I'm the same. And to make it even worse, now whenever a quiz question begins with "Which Scottish DJ..." I'm likely to say Calvin Phillips.