Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Here’s one for the ‘still on’ theorists. Caulkin says Wilson & Fraser were on staveley & co’s transfer list. Not top of the list but on it none the less

Was probably part of the deposit requirements - £17m plus their transfer list seeing as no one at the club has a clue

Guest Cheesy Beans

Now I’m not going to wildly speculate... But...

Is it completely impossible to theorise that the sale is still on but MA is working to the consortium’s requests? I.e buying the lower risk players the consortium wanted, to not totally derail their plans? If the deal doesn’t happen, MA hasn’t spent a huge amount of money and has obtained better players. If it does happen, the consortium have a bit of a head start and haven’t totally missed out in the window.

It was speculated that the consortium would give Bruce a chance, so maybe that’s why he’s also still in post.

These deals are nowhere near what MA would usually give us, so it does seem a bit odd.

Now I’m not going to wildly speculate... But...

Is it completely impossible to theorise that the sale is still on but MA is working to the consortium’s requests? I.e buying the lower risk players the consortium wanted, to not totally derail their plans? If the deal doesn’t happen, MA hasn’t spent a huge amount of money and has obtained better players. If it does happen, the consortium have a bit of a head start and haven’t totally missed out in the window.

It was speculated that the consortium would give Bruce a chance, so maybe that’s why he’s also still in post.

These deals are nowhere near what MA would usually give us, so it does seem a bit odd.

Ooh you bugger ye

And why would Fat Mike follow anything anyone  else wants?

£350m?

+ the only chance of a sale.

Well there's definitely no other buyers despite the best wishes of triggs, Rafalove et al's dream wishes we could attract some fair and lovely billionaire investors  :rose:

The Sheffield united owner was on talksport the other day and when asked about nufc he said he had no inside track but his feeling the takeover of us would be unlikely

Therefore his opinion is as relevant as my dogs

Joseph DaGrosa in ownership discussions with two unnamed Premier League clubs

American investor turns his attention to Premier League rivals after failed Newcastle United bid

Joseph DaGrosa has reiterated his determination to buy a European football club – after failing with takeover bid for Newcastle United.

Joseph DaGrosa in ownership discussions with two unnamed Premier League clubs

Assume this is "The American/The Americans" we've seen referenced a few times by the likes of Winter?

If he was interested in December hopefully he's back for more now.

I'll break my duck of just lurking around to add something. DaGrosa's part of the GACP group which was Kenyon's bid. He spoke about the deal being "further than people thought" (DaGrosa's words) in May but "couldn't get it over the line" (Kenyon's words). Were they the ones backed by Rockefeller Capital Management? In hindsight maybe it'd be too great a risk if only the Saudi-backed group were the only genuine, complying and competent players in 3 years.

Masters should either start working on rescinding Man City's state backed ownership or just shut up and fuck off. We get it, you want to pull up the drawbridge now the big boys are cemented in their lucrative positons, we don't need your fake sympathy.