Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah I’m going to have to keep shtum on this one.

It’s not completed though before you all ask.

Will it be out in the public over the next few days or is it all happening behind closed doors?

Once again, appreciate your updates 👍

In the face of what is going to become a public legal battle the Premier League have backed down on their stance which means no legal action is needed for now and the club are free reapply for the owners and directors test which they are presumably going to pass as the Premier League have in practice admitted they were about rejecting them?

Hope people aren't getting their hopes built up to be left disappointed. Ultimately the Premier League don't want the PIF to take over NUFC, for reasons we are all now aware of and the facts are it's their league and they decide on the runners and the riders.

That's why it never went through in the first place.

Hope people aren't getting their hopes built up to be left disappointed. Ultimately the Premier League don't want the PIF to take over NUFC, for reasons we are all now aware of and the facts are it's their league and they decide on the runners and the riders.

That’s not how rules and laws work.

That's how it worked last time. They didn't have cause to reject it then but they did, like I said they would. Let's see how it plays out but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

In the face of what is going to become a public legal battle the Premier League have backed down on their stance which means no legal action is needed for now and the club are free reapply for the owners and directors test which they are presumably going to pass as the Premier League have in practice admitted they were about rejecting them?

Is this just a guess by the way?

Isn't he just repeating what that Ben Jacobs (someone who does have an actual source) said.

He's the Telegraph's version of NUFC360

Of course he is, and like always, he's left it 24 hours before giving his "take" on it so he can get the attention from it.

Good old Luke, 24 hour hours late to the party again.  As I said the other day, almost as if it's for attention.

That's how it worked last time. They didn't have cause to reject it then but they did, like I said they would. Let's see how it plays out but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

And they didn’t reject it. They stalled and stalled and that’s why they are heading to court