Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Golfmag said in a later text that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with wankers like Edwards etc.

That part of it doesn't add up for me. He's got his info from a senior exec at league level - why would they be talking to Stevie Bacon?

What would Bruce actually be furious about, other than losing his job?

Isnt the contact in the LMA?

Ahh makes much more sense then.

Again though, why would he be livid? He's stealing a wage as it is.

Golfmag said in a later text that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with w*****s like Edwards etc.

That part of it doesn't add up for me. He's got his info from a senior exec at league level - why would they be talking to Stevie Bacon?

What would Bruce actually be furious about, other than losing his job?

Isnt the contact in the LMA?

Ahh makes much more sense then.

Again though, why would he be livid? He's stealing a wage as it is.

It actually makes zero sense.

Say he gets fired. He gets a nice payout and an enhanced reputation so he can continue milking the gravy train.

Say the takeover falls through he continues on next season.

Win win for Bruce.

Just been reading through the last number of pages, re Ashley now holding up the deal.

Did Bruce not say on Sunday that he'd had a conference call with Ashley who categorically told him "it was still with the Premier League". I suppose, he did also say he had another one planned for Wednesday. I'm not sure an LMA official would know all the ins & outs of the deal, personally. Also, where did the we should know this week bit come from?

Just been reading through the last number of pages, re Ashley now holding up the deal.

Did Bruce not say on Sunday that he'd had a conference call with Ashley who categorically told him "it was still with the Premier League". I suppose, he did also say he had another one planned for Wednesday. I'm not sure an LMA official would know all the ins & outs of the deal, personally. Also, where did the we should know this week bit come from?

Aye, despite Ashley being a lying snake I don’t think it’s him holding it up. I think that, as someone suggested earlier that “it isn’t the PL holding it up” is referring to them waiting for the Saudi’s to provide/do something before waving it through.

Fuck knows.

Bruce could be angry because his transfer budget was halved or frozen entirely. My guess.

It’ll be the same for most due to the virus impact, I doubt he cares too much, he plays whoever the board signs. Also any manager who has issue with budget cuts while clubs go to the wall is an utter arsehole. He’d only be furious if something has or is ping to impact his own gain. Losing his job would be no1, however I doubt he could be furious over something so inevitable.

Bruce could be angry because his transfer budget was halved or frozen entirely. My guess.

If he had been following his beloved NUFC for the last 13 years, he might have been prepared for something like that happening :lol:

If he had been following his beloved NUFC for the last 13 years, he might have been prepared for something like that happening :lol:

Exactly. He's not the only one that will be kicking off if we only spend 10 million and bring in two or three loans, can guarantee there will be masses of idiots kicking off like this is something new.

It’ll be the same for most due to the virus impact, I doubt he cares too much, he plays whoever the board signs. Also any manager who has issue with budget cuts while clubs go to the wall is an utter arsehole. He’d only be furious if something has or is ping to impact his own gain. Losing his job would be no1, however I doubt he could be furious over something so inevitable.

Maybe Ashley told him he isn't prepared to pay Jesse Lingaard £100k per week.

So usual Thursday then...no-one actually knows anything at all barring a tenuous and ambiguous tweet from someone who might have talked to to someone.

Why's nobody tried phone hacking Charnley/Ashley/Stavely/Masters? The Sun managed it for years without being detected so it can't be that difficult

I've said for a while now that the PL could and probably should reject the deal according to their own rules.

But there is also a number of other things the PL rules should obligate them to do. Like apply the O&D test to Barnes, something I have no doubt has never happened.

Similarly, the rules state that the O&D test is reapplied every season - which would seem to debunk the theory that Chelsea is different because the test didn't exist when Abramovich bought the club. Doesn't seem these tests are reapplied every year either.

About the only thing this process has definitively proved is that the PL O&D test is not fit for purpose.