Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

However Mike Ashley tells SSN he is “fighting tooth & nail & wants to give NUFC fans what they deserve.”

Yet refuses to sack Bruce, the tit.

As far as Mike Ashley is concerned, all NUFC fans deserve is misery, so to be fair, he's doing well at providing that to us.

This still on then?

"The Saudi takeover of NUFC no longer exists as a going concern. Ashley is pursuing damages on the grounds of restraint of trade. No-one should give a shit whether he gets what he wants on that front."

IMTTS said no. Think this statement proves he is, as suspected, full of shit.

I'd imagine there will be a few posters go ghost on the back of this information. Doesn't hurt to have an opinion or want to think a certain way, but name calling arguing opinion as fact just makes you look a bit daft in the long run.

Anyone who thinks this is just for compensation is just thick basically.

The Club shall continue to actively pursue its claim in the arbitration and calls on the EPL to resolve the matter in a speedy and transparent way that does not prevent the substantial investment into English football, and the North East region, that the proposed takeover would bring.

Yeah, I take back what I said about DeMarco just trying for compo. The good news is that the Saudis are still on board. The bad news is that the odds seem massively stacked against Ashley winning his case.

This still on then?

"The Saudi takeover of NUFC no longer exists as a going concern. Ashley is pursuing damages on the grounds of restraint of trade. No-one should give a shit whether he gets what he wants on that front."

:lol:

This still on then?

He wont be seen round these parts for a while.  :lol:

This still on then?

He wont be seen round these parts for a while.  :lol:

He'll double-down, don't worry about that.

Guest reefatoon

This still on then?

I'd imagine there will be a few posters go ghost on the back of this information. Doesn't hurt to have an opinion or want to think a certain way, but name calling arguing opinion as fact just makes you look a bit daft in the long run.

And the place will be better for it. so many fucking odd ball's signing up to just pour misery in the takeover thread, bunch of weird cunts that they were.

I've read it twice now still havent a clue ? Could somebody break it down for the halfwits of the group, is it good news, bad news ? And what's this about ashley on SSN thanks  ?

It's both.

Good news = The deal is still on the table and the final result of the hearing will be made public. The club also won on the fact they were allowed to make the most recent judgement public.

Bad news = The club were unsuccessful in removing the chair of arbitration who they suspect could be biased. Additionally, the club lost when requesting the whole hearing be made public.

Unknown news = If casting public doubt on the chair of arbitration will prevent them from being bias. The fact the result and some details of the arbitration hearing will be public should help prevent that.

I'm far from an expert but the above is my high level takeaway from the clubs statement. Happy for others that are more knowledgeable to correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

I've read it twice now still havent a clue ? Could somebody break it down for the halfwits of the group, is it good news, bad news ? And what's this about ashley on SSN thanks  ?

It's both.

Good news = The deal is still on the table and the final result of the hearing will be made public. The club also won on the fact they were allowed to make the most recent judgement public.

Bad news = The club were unsuccessful in removing the chair of arbitration who they suspect could be biased. Additionally, the club lost when requesting the whole hearing be made public.

Unknown news = If casting public doubt on the chair of arbitration will prevent them from being bias. The fact the result and some details of the arbitration hearing will be public should help prevent that.

I'm far from an expert but the above is my high level takeaway from the clubs statement. Happy for others that are more knowledgeable to correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

Cheers mate.

That judgement is good news.... i think and will be exactly what the bread baker wanted.

The panel will have to be seen to be fair without the meerest hint of bias, as mentioned earlier.

Also, the being made public thing is good because if the PL say they did A, B and C, and someone (ashley, bishop, MBS, random leak or published stuff already on the web) says they that they did B, C and D it will give demarco ammo to use and will call into question the fairness on the panel and its chairman. Being made public will hopefully force the PL to stick to the already established version and timeline of events. Its possible that demarco may already have the ammo ready but is waiting for the PL to slip up.

The bias angle here is potentially HUGE and if proven, perhaps even strongly hinted at, it could force the PL's hand.

Think the Downie Tweets are a nice summary (just take the Ashley comments with a pinch of salt).

Bit shady that he didn't offer to stand down when we requested it but offered it up to the EPLs lawyers if they wanted him to.

Doesn't mean he's dodgy though, and he will have to be seen as whiter that white in the case... which is definitely happening!!

Bit shady that he didn't offer to stand down when we requested it but offered it up to the EPLs lawyers if they wanted him to.

Doesn't mean he's dodgy though, and he will have to be seen as whiter that white in the case... which is definitely happening!!

Aye exactly what I thought, puts pressure on him to ensure he’s squeaky clean now.