Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ashley hates to lose 100 pence never mind 100 million pounds.

What the hell is he thinking, man.

He's had an extra years worth of TV money.

Aye and of course the club has run on fairy dust in that time so that money is all his.

It's always his wallet that opens when we're spending it.

I believe the term is trouser.

I looked this up, apparently the earliest time this was used as a term on this forum was to reference Kieron Dyer not bothering to earn his money, courtesy of user '2sheds' in 2007:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=43352.msg940653#msg940653

McCreery was a far more dedicated player than dyer can ever dream of.

The little bastard should have been peddled the moment he refused to play for us.

Lets face it he has done nothing of any note since then (apart from trouser a few million from us)

:lol:

It always makes me think of Mike's wide leg jeans being used great escape style.

As was mentioned a few pages back, the lack of action regarding Bruce massively concerns me for the chances of the takeover.

No, it’s not legally possible for the outside influence and would be completely wrong. But if you’re about to spend £350m on a long-term project, you’d have a quiet word in MA’s ear.

The buyers are either not as confident as they express via the press, or they have done so and MA has ignored them or they have confidence in Bruce to turn it around.

If the buyers could have a word and were also of the persuasion that Steve Bruce was the right man for the job, you’d have to question what sort of owners they’d be.

I think getting the club for 80 million cheaper and not having to go through the PL owners bullshit might be an acceptable plan b for them.

You can be sure Mike Ashley will time it so he can pocket the parachute money before any transaction is completed

If the buyers could have a word and were also of the persuasion that Steve Bruce was the right man for the job, you’d have to question what sort of owners they’d be.

I think getting the club for 80 million cheaper and not having to go through the PL owners bullshit might be an acceptable plan b for them.

You can be sure Mike Ashley will time it so he can pocket the parachute money before any transaction is completed

People are really kidding themselves if they think the takeover happens if relegation occurs.

If anyone thinks Ashley has some kind of master plan think again. We've been here so many times before, he isn't doing 4th dimensional chess, he is cheap, when he does invest he does it bady and is stubbon so won't make changes when necessary. It's pathetic cos I hate how quickly managers get sacked normally these days but part of that his hiring ones with at least some level of competance in the first place. Letting Rafa go was a terminally stupid thing. Buying Joelinton was a terminally stupid thing. Hiring Steve Bruce was a terminally stupid thing. Keeping Steve Bruce is a terminally stupid thing. this is how Mike Ashley operates, desperate gamble to save every penny.

The only hope we have is if he is more desperate to set up shop in the Middle East than he is confident on gambling on us coming back up.

I agree that it’s very unlikely he’ll ever lower his price though. If he won’t spend 4 million of the clubs money to preserve its current value then there’s no way he’ll be happy to lose out on 100 million himself.

The boot cut jean wearing cunt really has fucked this, like.

Paying a fucking fortune for the likes of De Marco and that lass to take on the PL whilst allowing a fat, no mark, unwashed heffa to drag us into an unnecessary relegation, which will ultimately fuck any chance of a takeover. He is going to have to spend money to get us back up if he wants to sell the club for anywhere near what he agreed with the consortium. It just makes no sense at all, absolutely baffling.

The only hope we have is if he is more desperate to set up shop in the Middle East than he is confident on gambling on us coming back up.

I agree that it’s very unlikely he’ll ever lower his price though. If he won’t spend 4 million of the clubs money to preserve its current value then there’s no way he’ll be happy to lose out on 100 million himself.

Still doesn’t answer the question why risk losing up to half the value of the deal if he knows there is a good chance the deal will go ahead.

Still doesn’t answer the question why risk losing up to half the value of the deal if he knows there is a good chance the deal will go ahead.

The man is a stubborn daft cunt. Apart from not wanting to pay Bruce off he probably doesn’t want to admit he was yet again wrong and should have backed Rafa instead of going for a clueless clown like Bruce and paying good money for him too

The man is a stubborn daft c***. Apart from not wanting to pay Bruce off he probably doesn’t want to admit he was yet again wrong and should have backed Rafa instead of going for a clueless clown like Bruce and paying good money for him too

Even he is not stupid enough to jeopardise a guaranteed fee of 350 million. IF this deal was close then he has never been in that situation throughout his ownership. Which leads me to think the takeover is not close and that’s exactly why he’s following his previous blueprint of gambling.

About 2 weeks late to a story that they still get wrong.

Italian football isn’t worth nearly as much as the exposure from the PL. Spanish football is even worse as far goes a closed shop and French football isn’t worth the hassle to compete with PSG.

I think the Saudis would have gone for Man Utd if they’d been available and maybe they would have if they were still outside the top 4 but revenues will be good for them this season and next.

We’re the only other option really. If they still want a club to compete in the PL we’re the best available option.

Dead in the water, so I've been told  :sad:

It would certainly be strange it being dead in the water less than a week after it being confirmed that it wasn’t dead in the water

It would certainly be strange it being dead in the water less than a week after it being confirmed that it wasn’t dead in the water

Why would that be strange? Everything is alive until the moment it dies.

It's The Sun like.....

[tweet]1369423739419508739[/tweet]

Thought they were only after a minority share. Wouldn’t be surprised though as Inter are a massive club and guaranteed champions league football.

If you read the Chron's story on BNG just before you read this article you'll quicky figure out who The Sun's source is.

Why would that be strange? Everything is alive until the moment it dies.

So you think pif have just suddenly walked away within a few days? Just as arbitration is about to start? That hasn’t started so it can’t be the case that’s dead in the water