Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Shouldn't have said "dead in the water" tbh, as it was a bit of an exaggerated/ emotive take on what I've been hearing. From what information I've been privvy to, PIF do not see this as a 'priority deal' and their interest in this is wearing very thin. A quick and successful arbritration result may help of course but the general impression is that this deal is highly unlikely to go ahead.

Shouldn't have said "dead in the water" tbh, as it was a bit of an exaggerated/ emotive take on what I've been hearing. From what information I've been privvy to, PIF do not see this as a 'priority deal' and their interest in this is wearing very thin. A quick and successful arbritration result may help of course but the general impression is that this deal is highly unlikely to go ahead.

Didn’t you say the same thing a number of months ago though? I guess we aren’t actually any further forward since then!

Dead in the water, so I've been told  :sad:

OK.

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

I doubt PIF have any interest in being back in tbh. This is probably just a PR exercise and/or Ashley being petty (perhaps justifiably in this instance) and fishing for compensation for what's gone down.

All I know is that a lot of larger scale PIF projects that I have close ties to have lost funding. In a global downturn cash and liquid  assets are key to steadying the economy. I just don't see it being feasible, but hope to be proven wrong.

Have to agree with Penn on this. What would the ROI's be in this deal? I'm sure there are more fruitful investment opportunities to be had with that 300m that aren't fraught with political issues and intense foreign scrutiny.

I'm gonna add you to the list of people who pretend to be ITK. Thanks.

Dead in the water, so I've been told  :sad:

OK.

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

I doubt PIF have any interest in being back in tbh. This is probably just a PR exercise and/or Ashley being petty (perhaps justifiably in this instance) and fishing for compensation for what's gone down.

All I know is that a lot of larger scale PIF projects that I have close ties to have lost funding. In a global downturn cash and liquid  assets are key to steadying the economy. I just don't see it being feasible, but hope to be proven wrong.

Have to agree with Penn on this. What would the ROI's be in this deal? I'm sure there are more fruitful investment opportunities to be had with that 300m that aren't fraught with political issues and intense foreign scrutiny.

I'm gonna add you to the list of people who pretend to be ITK. Thanks.

:lol: feel free.

I'm now pessimistic about this deal. When the patter was that KSA were about to sort out the Bein issues I was fairly confident. Now that we're doing plan B and it's acknowledged that we might lose, I can't see us not losing. From the logical and legal persepctives I'm sure we have a great chance. NUFCically we have no chance. All this stuff about the deal being dead right now is bollocks though. Amanda wants to buy and Mike wants to sell. They'll try.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see KSA buy another British club a couple of years down the line without a hitch. "The sale of Manchester United was given the green light after Mohammed bin Salman hand wrote a letter to the Premier League using the sacred ink of Mecca ensuring that he has nothing to do with PIF."

My apologies guys, seeing my posts back to back like that in ShearerGol's post is genuinely enlightening. Really didn't realize that all I've been doing is shitting on this for months :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty pessimistic about this myself. As much as I want it to happen, and I do honestly believe ALL buying and selling parties want it to happen, the main obstacle will never be removed. However, I really don't believe that anyone, from the ultra positive to the ultra negative really have a clue. It's all speculation and it'll all play out behind closed doors.

Sounds like we wasted about 4 months challenging the neutral arbitrator, and are now considering wasting even more time appealing that failure. Nobody seems to fully understand the strategy - that third arbitrator was selected in the normal way and confirmed he was neutral.

The problem is he isn’t entirely neutral after they disclosed who he’d previously worked for (The EPL implementing the changes to the O&D test)

I'm now pessimistic about this deal. When the patter was that KSA were about to sort out the Bein issues I was fairly confident. Now that we're doing plan B and it's acknowledged that we might lose, I can't see us not losing. From the logical and legal persepctives I'm sure we have a great chance. NUFCically we have no chance. All this stuff about the deal being dead right now is bollocks though. Amanda wants to buy and Mike wants to sell. They'll try.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see KSA buy another British club a couple of years down the line without a hitch. "The sale of Manchester United was given the green light after Mohammed bin Salman hand wrote a letter to the Premier League using the sacred ink of Mecca ensuring that he has nothing to do with PIF."

That was hinted at in last weeks Sunday Times tbf that they'd end up with Man Utd.

Can we once and for all put this fallacy to bed that Ashley is just out for damages? How many journalists have to disregard it before people stop using it to shine a negative light on the arbitration proceedings?

It might not be his preferred outcome but it doesn't mean it isn't a possibility.

Sounds like we wasted about 4 months challenging the neutral arbitrator, and are now considering wasting even more time appealing that failure. Nobody seems to fully understand the strategy - that third arbitrator was selected in the normal way and confirmed he was neutral.

The problem is he isn’t entirely neutral after they disclosed who he’d previously worked for (The EPL implementing the changes to the O&D test)

He's also worked against them. He'll be neutral, don't worry. That's not the concern :lol:

Can we once and for all put this fallacy to bed that Ashley is just out for damages? How many journalists have to disregard it before people stop using it to shine a negative light on the arbitration proceedings?

I wasn't saying that, I was just pointing out that were the deal now dead (not saying that I think it is, or that it was reason for starting the arbitration process), it would be a reason for Ashley to want to continue with the arbitration process.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-relegated-what-happens-20045846

"As reported on Monday on Chronicle Live, the time scale is unclear in terms of a final decision from Ashley's court battle, although some observers believe it could drag on, even into 2022 if there were unforeseen delays."

Alternatively

- we are probably not appealing which puts the wheels in motion fairly soon for arbitration to start (yes PIF and Inter is a minority stake like he said earlier, not majority like with us. They want value, not vanity crucially which the thread mentions)