Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Have I misread that or does it say that she doesn’t have to pay Barclays legal costs even though they won?

Not gonna read a dm article, but wasnt the ruling the equivalent of a draw? Barclays were shady but she didnt warrant compensation was how I read it.

Aye the judge decided that she was correct in her claim of Barclays wrong doing.  But then concluded that in his opinion she wouldn't have been able to leverage that into a major profit if Barclays had acted properly.

So the Judge ruled that Barclays were RIGHT to doubt her abilities - but that they were Cunts in the way they went about it.

From the admittedly quick read I gave it the case was about Barclays misleading practices taking a investment opportunity away from her.  The judge agreed they had done that, so they were in the wrong.  But he also thought that even if she had that opportunity there was no way she could have funded it.  So no damages were awarded.  Not sure any of that necessarily has any baring on ability outside of a certain level of finance.  Might be wrong, that's just from memory.

Had a dream about this last night. In some garden with Masters, giving him a piece of my mind about how he blocked salvation for my club and caused its terminal decline (more a premonition than a dream perhaps). Fell apart there after when I was trying to get out of the doors of a small grounded plane before Bodhi and his mates from Point Break commandeered it and took me on a sky-diving jaunt against my will.

Think Freud would say that dream meant I didn't want to go along with an inevitable free-falling, pointlessly risky, plane-crash. If only I could think of a way that could apply to something happening in my life now or figure out why Masters would be involved.

Had a dream about this last night. In some garden with Masters, giving him a piece of my mind about how he blocked salvation for my club and caused its terminal decline (more a premonition than a dream perhaps). Fell apart there after when I was trying to get out of the doors of a small grounded plane before Bodhi and his mates from Point Break commandeered it and took me on a sky-diving jaunt against my will.

Think Freud would say that dream meant I didn't want to go along with an inevitable free-falling, pointlessly risky, plane-crash. If only I could think of a way that could apply to something happening in my life now or figure out why Masters would be involved.

Once we're relegated that's all it will be a bad dream

Has this been our worst year in recent history? Ashley as owner, Bruce as manager, Shelvey playing every week, takeover so close then off, relegation pretty certain. Just feels like things can’t get worse.

It's the worst one I think. Easily.

So far  :lol:

Has this been our worst year in recent history? Ashley as owner, Bruce as manager, Shelvey playing every week, takeover so close then off, relegation pretty certain. Just feels like things can’t get worse.

It's the worst one I think. Easily.

What makes it worse for me is you look at some of the players we have and know with a decent manager we'd be comfortable. The takeover hanging over us is the icing on the cake.

First relegation season, 08/09, was way worse. No-one started this season at anything other that mildly on the right side of apathetic or expecting anything other than mediocrity at best.

Guest reefatoon

Yep. It’s the hope and dream of the takeover that is keeping people remotely interested. If that wasn’t hanging around in the background people would be completely disconnected with it this season and not giving two fucks what happened.

This season has no hope. Its just whether that makes it better or worse than the other two for people.

Hope of Shearer staying and Ashley going, the hope of Rafa and maybe, finally a change in direction (never bought it personally).

88/89 even had more hope than this - an organised boycott and a takeover knocking on the door without outside forces to scupper it and a far better manager.

Pretty sure this is the lowest I've ever been when it comes to NUFC. Just relentlessly depressing.

Yeah, it's grim. It'll change one day, for better or worse.  Who knows.  As long as their is hope wherever we are, however shit we are I don't care.  This football club is the lifeblood of a city and whatever the media says it is different to a lot of clubs.  The stadium casts its shadow across the city, on matchday the city is just about football.  So many people rely on this income, from idols back in the day, the burger vans, the strawberry to the blokes selling Chronicles and many, many more besides.  This city at its heart lives and dies by this football club.  Mike Ashley hasn't just ruined a football club and many thousands of people's love of football.  He's also fucked a city to an extent.

If the takeover goes through then it will be one of the best things that has happened to our city since the grants and investments in the 90's from the government.  It's a heavily under invested region and we have been offered significant investment in not only the football club because it's clear why the Reuben brothers are involved.  The PL have blocked the takeover but the question should be not if PIF can invest in NUFC, but if the premier league has the right to block such investment in a region as they have done.

I managed to more or less switch off from the club, but the failed takeover dragged me back in.  I'm probably paying more interest than I would have, had that not happened.  It's a coin flip as to whether we go down at the moment, but I'm not that fussed if we do as it'll be fully deserved.

The club is absolutely loathsome. The way we operate is cheap and classless. Unfortunately until Ashley fucks off, nothing will truly change. It'll be an endless cycle of trying to do just enough to stay up and/or floating around in the Championship. It's exhausting and I'm hoping arbitration doesn't drag in so I can zone out again.

In view of the larger political picture, heavy investment from abroad shouldn’t be a desirable thing. Monopolising mega-corps buying up property, industries and ways of life that used to belong to ordinary people  is an awful thing.

It’s so sad that the only way to compete in football or in life is to sell your soul to money.

IF we go down and IF the saudis are still interested in a takeover, is there still a test for them to go through?

The PL O&D test is not something they have to go through but have the EFL/Championship any tests or is it just up to the owner to sell to whoever he wants?

I know it's been said that relegation doesn't kill the deal but it surely puts it into cryogenic deep freeze until (if) we come back up? Nee way wor MBS would be caught dead buying a 2nd tier club.

I know it's been said that relegation doesn't kill the deal but it surely puts it into cryogenic deep freeze until (if) we come back up? Nee way wor MBS would be caught dead buying a 2nd tier club.

Don’t think there is a hope any hell any takeover never mind PIF happens if we go down.

Yeah, I know. But say IF they we're(or somebody else for that matter) is there any tests for a new owner to go through?

Yeah, I know. But say IF they we're(or somebody else for that matter) is there any tests for a new owner to go through?

Yes there are EFL tests.

Yes there are EFL tests.

and then they'd still have to pass the PL test if we came back up. It's supposed to be carried out yearly, amazed how Chelsea still have their owner.