Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Just wonder if the talk of PIF interest in Inter is connected to this super league, with Inter being one of the 12.

They aren’t interested it’s just a rehash of news that has already been dismissed. Besides you think they will be available for cheap now or that this isn’t going to lead to massive legal battle that will rumble on for years, not least forgetting that this is likely a very elaborate bluff.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They aren’t interested it’s just a rehash of news that has already been dismissed. Besides you think they will be available for cheap now or that this isn’t going to lead to massive legal battle that will rumble on for years, not least forgetting that this is likely a very elaborate bluff.

Nobody knows what’s happening now including with the takeover.  We’ll just have to see what happens as if this does go through it changes the whole of football. 

I said in the other thread but I think this kills our takeover. 

where is the value proposition for any rich potential buyer? They are basically locked out of the competition which will field the biggest financial rewards. 

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

where is the value proposition for any rich potential buyer? They are basically locked out of the competition which will field the biggest financial rewards. 

There’s not I agree. Suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens.

47 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Our ceiling would be a more competent Mike Ashley.

Someone who will intelligently invest where required to keep the club stable and the Premier League revenue flowing without ever having to sweat for it.   Pretty much a Spurs-lite model.  An improvement yes, but still a pretty mundane existence of 8th and a Carling Cup run every year.

Edited by Pandamninator

I really can't call how this would affect our takeover.

PROS: the PL want to fuck off the 'Big Six' and would now like the Saudi money; plus the Saudis will see a clear route into being one of the patronised 'Five Football Fwends' invitees.

CONS: the PL loses appeal without these teams; they might rather invest into one of them.

But also, if this Super League really happens, who the fuck even cares about the sport anymore? :lol:

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I'm pretty sure they weren't investing for financial reasons.

Can't imagine Saudis would want to buy a club locked out of the elite competition either for financial or sportswashing reasons, and if they want to buy us and bribe us into the ESL they can fuck off.

5 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Can't imagine Saudis would want to buy a club locked out of the elite competition either for financial or sportswashing reasons, and if they want to buy us and bribe us into the ESL they can fuck off.

PSG is not there either

So you are telling me that those very clubs that made every move to block our takeover, have now decided to break away from the PL. The dots join up somewhere.

Perhaps the "big six" didn't want another big player in the PL while they were coming up with their cabal.

It links somewhere but I'm not sure where.

The likes of tottenham probably had the biggest issue with any takeover if there was one.

What actually separates the likes of tottenham from say, us with serious coin, or even poor leicester ffs[emoji38]

6 minutes ago, NE27 said:

The likes of tottenham probably had the biggest issue with any takeover if there was one.

What actually separates the likes of tottenham from say, us with serious coin, or even poor leicester ffs[emoji38]

To be fair I can see why Spurs are one of the 6. They’ve been there regularly, played in the CL regularly...it’d have been a bit like us being invited to similar in 2004.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

To be fair I can see why Spurs are one of the 6. They’ve been there regularly, played in the CL regularly...it’d have been a bit like us being invited to similar in 2004.

I can understand why they would be one of the '6' but I'm not really sure why it has to be 6.  They haven't won the league for 60 years.  Surely a team like Valencia or Sevilla has more right to be there as a fourth Spanish team.  The word 'right' is, of course, hypothetical as no one has the right to this nonsense.   

30 minutes ago, STM said:

So you are telling me that those very clubs that made every move to block our takeover, have now decided to break away from the PL. The dots join up somewhere.

Perhaps the "big six" didn't want another big player in the PL while they were coming up with their cabal.

It links somewhere but I'm not sure where.

They don't want to break away though, they want both.

Just now, Candi_Hills said:

Any chance this is just to gain leverage of the PL just as they're about to pass our takeover through?

"Allow the takeover and we're leaving."

It must be wider than that and I think talks about this will have been going on behind the scenes for a long time (years).