Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Where have they said they're putting it off? The podcast with Kennedy is tonight and last night he tweeted "should be a good one 👀" so surely it must come tonight?

When was it first mentioned that they had this exclusive info?

edit: just seen the tweet above as well, 'between now and friday' :lol: I though Journo's usually wanted to get in first before other pick up on it.

Edited by Wilson

47 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Seems interesting.

Only thing that would get me excited is if the takeover is approved. Until then, pinch of salt will be my motto for all tweets like that.

Edited by nufcjb

Its stupid little teasers like that, that wind people up. There might be news this week and if there is it might be 11 out of 10 in importance. That comes across as massively attention seeking, even if its not meant to be. Just say you dont know like, or better yet, say nowt.

De Marco is another one. The not so cleverly disguised twitter posts, the 'good things come to those who wait' spiel. He's going to look some fool if he doesn't win arbitration and he will deserve any stick that he gets. 

Reading between the lines, hints, tittle tattle. It all serves to wind fans up. If its not a genuine update, I dont want to know like. 

Story is written and Liam is not in a position to comment and is takeover related...
Its a pretty big story and they just need to check things off and get the go ahead to publish

Hopefully this week if not next... Very positive apparently 

If 10/10 news is takeover going through, then 11/10 news must be takeover going over and mandy hands out goodybags full of £££ to every supporter as a hello. 

In other news, I've got a 11/10 rated scoop that this big news is going to be 5/10 middle of the road clickbait shite. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’ll be fuck all. There will be some sort of info about masters and co that doesn’t alter the takeover situation at all 

Both Kennedy and that Keith (especially) have put their heads on the chopping blocks, if it's nothing then they will get pelters and rightly so. Both are indicating that it is big though, so all we can do is wait and see. No point guessing until then either way. 

2 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Story is written and Liam is not in a position to comment and is takeover related...
Its a pretty big story and they just need to check things off and get the go ahead to publish

Hopefully this week if not next... Very positive apparently 

:lol:

I understand that it needs legal team approval... but in the context of what most fans want a ten out of ten is takeover approved right? I don't mind the optimism, i'm optimistic myself, but this twitter hyperbole has to stop. It's shite.

It'll probably be something showing collusion that will be a bad story for the PL but will have no bearing on the takeover, and might just rub salt in the wounds if the takeover doesn't go ahead down the line.

Edited by cookidge
typo