Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Thanks mate. Was there any mention of what it was that is going to print though? 

No mention mate exactly what, suggestions it’s about Masters and Hoffman from some people, going by some of that Keith’s tweets, but no confirmation 

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No mention mate exactly what, suggestions it’s about Masters and Hoffman from some people, going by some of that Keith’s tweets, but no confirmation 

Ok cheers. We’ll see I guess. 

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Wasn't the "blow your socks off" comment not Alan Oliver about a rumoured signing?

Still remember one summer where every day he peddled a line that people at the club said Stephen Carr was "flying" in training...

Ahhh, Christ! There was one where we were linked with Miguel for a while during and after Euro 2004 and when we missed out Shepherd said something like, ‘don’t worry there’s always another car in the lot’. 

19 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, he's a random target for people to wave their angry stick at. He's doing nothing that affects them in any way too, so let him get on with it. Yet the poor bloke is slagged off left right and centre. So strange.

I don't agree. He's been on social media vocally slagging off fans that don't live locally, saying they can't be proper fans. It doesn't bother me per se, but when you have him acting as a mouthpiece for the fanbase with a "Newcastle Consortium Supporters" tag (i.e. trying to represent everyone that wants the takeover) and knocking about with dickheads like Steve Wraith, he makes us look thick as pigshit.

I respect him for getting up and doing something, but the attention seeking thereafter is why he gets so much flak and rightfully so.

Edited by ShoTime

7 minutes ago, James said:

No it was definitely Alan Oliver following Allardyce’s sacking.

I know this because I made a really shit gif

I can’t find the article but I’ve found a quote of it in the comments to this article made by Hadrian at 2:09am

https://www.nufcblog.com/2008/01/10/we-expect-newcastle-manager-appointment-today/

Alan Oliver article , jan 5th

There is never a dull moment where Newcastle United are concerned. At the moment Sam Allardyce is under fire from a good percentage of United fans, but chairman Chris Mort insisted to me at Stamford Bridge that they were happy with their manager. That was on Saturday night. On Sunday night I received a phone call from someone who works for the biggest agents in the world. He wanted Chris Morts mobile number. On Monday the aforesaid top guy’s repesentative contacted the United chairman who repeated what he had told me at Chelsea. But then Chris Mort was suddenly given the name of the someone who would like to manage Newcastle United. And I am told it nearly blew the chairman’s socks off. I know the name of the top agent and his colleague who contacted me. But not the name of the would – be United Manager. That has not stopped me wondering about it. The top man in question is friends with the José Murinho camp. So has José been touted as Newcastle manager? or Marcello Lippi, who is currently out of work? all I can say is watch this space.

27 minutes ago, ShoTime said:

I don't agree. He's been on social media vocally slagging off fans that don't live locally, saying they can't be proper fans. It doesn't bother me per se, but when you have him acting as a mouthpiece for the fanbase with a "Newcastle Consortium Supporters" tag (i.e. trying to represent everyone that wants the takeover) and knocking about with dickheads like Steve Wraith, he makes us look thick as pigshit.

I respect him for getting up and doing something, but the attention seeking thereafter is why he gets so much flak and rightfully so.

Can you link a tweet where he said people can’t be fans if they don’t live locally? 
To my knowledge, it’s based on a comment he made about Shell the lawyer while he was on Wraith’s podcast. He said she’s not a fan (of NCSL) but people took it to mean “not a fan of NUFC”. 

26 minutes ago, RS said:

MASSIVE news coming. Today, tomorrow or sometime. Bookmark this. 

World ending. Today, tomorrow or sometime. Bookmark this. 

Boris Johnson dead. Today, tomorrow or sometime. Bookmark this. 

Scottish independence. Today, tomorrow or sometime. Bookmark this. 

Not the best game is it? Today, tomorrow or sometime. Bookmark this. 

8 minutes ago, 1964 said:

U ok hun?

20 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Woooosh

29 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Woooosh

I'm wondering whether Masters and Hoffman were complicit with the big 6 in the EPL not approving our takeover, but after being screwed over by the big 6 regarding the ESL, and threatening to leave the EPL, they have decided to leak evidence to Keith of the big 6 ordering the EPL to block our takeover.  That would be quite a bomb and would really show up the big 6 as self serving, greedy and arrogant!!!

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I dont imagine anyone with any insider knowledge choosing Keith on Twitter as a source to leak anything to. 

But as someone has a standing legal complaint against the EPL for competition type issues it would be the perfect place to suddenly have 'found' some emails that need to be presented to the other side

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: I dont imagine anyone with any insider knowledge choosing Keith on Twitter as a source to leak anything to. 

If they know how vocal he is why not!  There is also an element of deflecting their involvement and putting the spotlight and the blame onto the big 6 in the hope they keep their jobs!