Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Yes your right, I read the page wrong!! Oh bloody hell sorry guys.

I thought the part underneath the tweet was how had liked it.. 

Yeah they've been tagged in the post rather than actually liking it.

No harm done (although you did get my hopes up temporarily).

8 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Yeah but what is promising is that Danny the Bus has liked it, so maybe he's sorting us out with a new coach.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Yeah they've been tagged in the post rather than actually liking it.

No harm done (although you did get my hopes up temporarily).

Got my own hopes up too

11 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Either way, it’s probably true that we need to stop up and that scares the dry biscuits out of me. 
:bruce:

•  

I'm with you there Candi as I keep running through the fixtures and realistically i can only see us getting another 3 points up till the Fulham game.

12 Points to play for and 9 points clear

If we lose our next 2 which i think is highly likely 

Fulham Vs Burnley   Well i think Fulham could get 3 pts here 
Southampton Vs Fulham    I would say they will get at least a point or 3 so lets say worse case scenario they win 3 pts

Gap is down to 3 points

Then 

Man Utd vs Fulham   Who knows with this as man u will be concentrating on Europe and League will be won by then 

BRINGS US TO SHEFF UTD and  FULHAM games

I am nervous very nervous...  I don't want anything riding on our game at Craven Cottage!

Relegation is 99% unlikely to happen at this stage. I don’t think that’s an issue. If Fulham lose their next game and we get a point I don’t think they can catch us. I think we pick up another 6 points too

The issue as has always been is clearing the way with the PL, events over the last 2 weeks will have moved the goalposts slightly. Whether that puts us in a stronger or weaker position I do not know but can imagine NDM will be reacting to this and forming it as part of a strategy.

Overall I’d imagine the PL will just want this to go away quietly so they’ll have to reach an agreement.

Here is a question though, the arbitration is focussed on how the PL applied its rules in respect of the wording of director or person of influence. So my understanding was that if we get a ruling in our favour, the test would go to the PL to complete, essentially adding more time to the process.

Am I wrong on this though? Is the arbitration to decide the outcome of the full o&d’s test?

20 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Lock the thread again.

I think West Ham did us a big favour last night.  I was worried that Burnley would go into the game against Fulham with nothing to play for, but they'll need to give it a good go now.

Just now, deejeck said:

I think West Ham did us a big favour last night.  I was worried that Burnley would go into the game against Fulham with nothing to play for, but they'll need to give it a good go now.

Agreed.... I was glad to see Burnley get beat...

10 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Relegation is 99% unlikely to happen at this stage. I don’t think that’s an issue. If Fulham lose their next game and we get a point I don’t think they can catch us. I think we pick up another 6 points too

The issue as has always been is clearing the way with the PL, events over the last 2 weeks will have moved the goalposts slightly. Whether that puts us in a stronger or weaker position I do not know but can imagine NDM will be reacting to this and forming it as part of a strategy.

Overall I’d imagine the PL will just want this to go away quietly so they’ll have to reach an agreement.

Here is a question though, the arbitration is focussed on how the PL applied its rules in respect of the wording of director or person of influence. So my understanding was that if we get a ruling in our favour, the test would go to the PL to complete, essentially adding more time to the process.

Am I wrong on this though? Is the arbitration to decide the outcome of the full o&d’s test?

You’re right, I think. Although I assume the O&D test would be a formality in the event that we won arbitration.

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

You’re right, I think. Although I assume the O&D test would be a formality in the event that we won arbitration.

Bear in mind that even if we win the arbitration proceedings, that doesn't mean the O&D test will be passed. The arbitrators may rule that we win on a procedural point, for example the PL didn't following process X, and thus the test should be conducted again. The test can be conducted again and still be rejected...

9 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

Bear in mind that even if we win the arbitration proceedings, that doesn't mean the O&D test will be passed. The arbitrators may rule that we win on a procedural point, for example the PL didn't following process X, and thus the test should be conducted again. The test can be conducted again and still be rejected...

My understanding is that this is the only point that muddies the waters as it were. They may well be openly discussing PL corruption right now but we’ll never know because it’s behind closed doors.

There is nothing in the PL rules that state that other clubs have the power to block others from becoming competitive through wealthier owners so recent events will have to shine a light on that, I hope they have hard evidence of this. And I suppose they do, The Sheffield United chap who did an interview pretty much blew that whole situation open. Email correspondence would be better though.

49 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

That seems vanishingly unlikely since that we know the arbitration is determining whether or not the KSA meets the definition of taking control of the club and therefore should be included as a director. I'm pretty sure that the PL acknowledged in one of their statements that all of the proposed directors pass the test, it's only a matter of whether the KSA should be included as a director and undergo the test.

Edited by Jackie Broon

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Man U fans are becoming more vocal about the Saudis taking them over 

Of course they are. That was what the protests have been about all along, they don't give a shit about the ESL ditching English football, they will happily climb on board once they've got deeper pockets via middle eastern owners. 

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

Man U fans are becoming more vocal about the Saudis taking them over 

It wouldn’t make sense for PIF or KSA in another route to do a deal like that. There’s very little value in it at this point.

The reason PIF are on board with this is to take a 280m investment (80%) and turn it into something worth a billion.

Just now, Joe_F said:

Not sure even the Saudis could afford £4bn in the present economic climate.

4 billion and the guts of another billion on playing staff. They’d probably want another 500 million to upgrade Old Trafford. 

16 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

It wouldn’t make sense for PIF or KSA in another route to do a deal like that. There’s very little value in it at this point.

The reason PIF are on board with this is to take a 280m investment (80%) and turn it into something worth a billion.

I think money aside, the Saudis would not want to look like opportunists chasing after Man U after pursuing NUFC for so long. They would put a lot of stock in the value of their word I imagine so would want to be seen as truly committed to the city and it's community. It wouldn't be a good look if they dropped everything once Man U came knocking. 

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think money aside, the Saudis would not want to look like opportunists chasing after Man U after pursuing NUFC for so long. They would put a lot of stock in the value of their word I imagine so would want to be seen as truly committed to the city and it's community. It wouldn't be a good look if they dropped everything once Man U came knocking. 

I wouldn’t bet on it. The media would just tell everyone how lovely owners man u have and that they got their number one target. Nufc bid would have been forgotten by everyone in less than a week (except us of course)