Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

21 hours ago, STM said:

At what point do we want MA to pull the plug with the Saudi deal?

Ashley knows something we don't.  If he's not accepting offers from anyone else then he has to know that the deal is still possible and PCP/PIF have offered more than anyone else would.  We all know he wants out.  We all know that he is impatient as fuck so there has to be something pretty good keeping him in this deal. 

I think the first key date is when we are mathematically assured of staying in the EPL.  I would hope that things start moving at that point.  If it remains quiet, that speak volumes, IMO.

Regarding any damaging evidence I've a sneaking suspicion it may just be a bluff to put more pressure on the PL regarding the arbitration case.

I hope that someday everything will come to light.  It would make a fascinating read.

In my opinion people need to let it go and realize this takeover is another fakeover. Ashley is here forever. It's better for everyone mental health. Accept it and keep supporting the team not the regime. Keep supporting by renewing your season ticket, buy the merch, and fill up St. James Park very match day. People need to forget and reject about any fakeover story, especially from a despotic regime like the Arabs. NUFC don't need that kind of money, NUFC have Mike Ashley as its benefactor.

4 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

In my opinion people need to let it go and realize this takeover is another fakeover. Ashley is here forever. It's better for everyone mental health. Accept it and keep supporting the team not the regime. Keep supporting by renewing your season ticket, buy the merch, and fill up St. James Park very match day. People need to forget and reject about any fakeover story, especially from a despotic regime like the Arabs. NUFC don't need that kind of money, NUFC have Mike Ashley as its benefactor.

Cheers Mike.

23 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Eh?

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Maybe he should have said fuck all in the first place. 

Maybe he's saying it for the benefit of people who are still invested in the takeover. Keep the faith type of thing. 

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

Maybe he's saying it for the benefit of people who are still invested in the takeover. Keep the faith type of thing. 

I’m talking about the pre announcement of the announcement. He should have kept his mouth shut until he got the all clear to make the announcement whatever it is. Now all I’m seeing on twitter than he can’t talk about it. Horse has bolted 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’m talking about the pre announcement of the announcement. He should have kept his mouth shut until he got the all clear to make the announcement whatever it is. Now all I’m seeing on twitter than he can’t talk about it. Horse has bolted 

Maybe he thought it was going to be given the all clear sooner than this and when he refers to holding off being a good thing its more to do with the Buyers have advised to hold off as they have made some progress and don't want to upset the apple cart so to speak.

Just speculation of course!

3 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Wonder if this is significant and why any announcement has been held back?

Not ITK just wondering 

Nice one, mackems are crying.

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1390341700271419399?s=20

Mike Ashley: “After four years of the club being subjected to this investigation, I am pleased it has now been discontinued. It is now time for the dark forces that are preventing this football club from becoming the power house that the fans deserve, to step aside.”

Edited by Dokko

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1390341700271419399?s=20

Mike Ashley: “After four years of the club being subjected to this investigation, I am pleased it has now been discontinued. It is now time for the dark forces that are preventing this football club from becoming the power house that the fans deserve, to step aside.”

And also a form submitted on the claim against the Premier League dated today

1402/5/7/21 St James Holdings Limited v The Football Association Premier League Limited | Competition Appeal Tribunal (catribunal.org.uk)