Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

He's gunning for the PL, it would seem. Big time.

Charners probably rang him today to tell him the good news about Gayles contract

" fuck this, Maureen pass my Nokia I'm making a tweet"

5 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Positive? 

We've won the arbitration case and now he's got the avenue to sue would be my guess

If we'd won arbitration though, wouldn't the PL have to reconsider their decision anyway? And they would do that without having to be sued, you'd think. 

It's confusing TBH.

7 minutes ago, Slim said:

Least we can all admit Keith was right about the big announcement !

What’s the announcement? The tax thing?

17 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

At the risk of negative-pessamism-ing, I worry that this is an uphill battle:

I mean, maybe they do really have some evidence that the decision was pretextual, but there's pretty clearly a prima facie case that KSA would be a director applying the literal language of the rules.

Is there? It has to be a bit of leap, from a sovereign wealth fund providing some of the money for a deal, to the country itself being ordered to be assessed as a director of the company. Very complex and strange at the very least. 

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Neither has she. 

:lol: Nobody's reached out to me for an American lawyer's entirely irrelevant opinion, but I'd happily supply it...at a completely reasonable hourly fee.

So she’s a criminal lawyer working in corporate law.  Which means she never deals in arbitration ever, it doesn’t exist in her practice area. It also has a pretty different legal system (criminal as opposed to civil). 

Im a criminal lawyer, Wullie works for the CPS, OpenC worked in prisons, b-more is a lawyer in America. Think there are some other lawyers on here or people with spouses who are practicing lawyers. 

I don’t chime in with detailed views of the takeover litigation because I wouldn’t have the first clue other than being able to explain what the parties are trying to achieve. The areas being discussed are highly niche areas of practice. 

Edited by Shays Given Tim Flowers

25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is there? It has to be a bit of leap, from a sovereign wealth fund providing some of the money for a deal, to the country itself being ordered to be assessed as a director of the company. Very complex and strange at the very least. 

True. And I mean, it's all obviously arguable -- thus, people arguing about it. To me -- grain of salt time -- the rules make it clear that this issue is not one of PIF being a body/entity that is legally "separate" and distinguishable from KSA: I think it can be admitted that it is. The issue is rather whether KSA has the raw power, whether exercised or not, to control the PIF. That's where I see potential problems and haven't seen anything that convinces me that KSA couldn't exercise control over PIF if it decided it wanted to. It's also where I don't have enough insight into the underling facts or applicable law to be particularly helpful. :lol:   

Edited by B-more Mag
Missing articles and verbs and shit.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

So this was NCSLs big news? Meh

Not quite. His big news (I think) was that he had information that exposes Masters and PL corruption. He's now saying he's handed over his information to the club who've taken up the anti-competition case, so we still don't know what dirt he may or may not have on them.