Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

33 minutes ago, gdm said:

Going in to another PL season with this hanging over us then 

Not necessarily, the arbitration hearing is due in July and is an expedited process, so we could conceivably have a decision on that before the start of the season, or the PL could conceivably settle at any point before then. For example, if the CAT tribunal dismiss their jurisdiction claim or if they're forced to disclose damning evidence.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not necessarily, the arbitration hearing is due in July and is an expedited process, so we could conceivably have a decision on that before the start of the season, or the PL could conceivably settle at any point before then. For example, if the CAT tribunal dismiss their jurisdiction claim or if they're forced to disclose damning evidence.

Hope so 

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Can see this being dragged out continuously with the PL in the hope that one season we're relegated and they don't have to take action on it.

I just got told the PL won’t be dragging it out yesterday on here [emoji38]

they are and they will.

The premier league delaying tactics are annoying but I'll tell you what is more annoying, the fact they're legally allowed to keep delaying. I mean what sort if fucking system is this shite?

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

I just got told the PL won’t be dragging it out yesterday on here [emoji38]

they are and they will.

And it will eventually bite them in the arse. For all that the judiciary are meant to be impartial and not let stuff like that influence them, they're only human. Part of our case will be about them deliberately delaying things, if they constantly delay and ask for extensions in this process it will not look good for their defence.

33 minutes ago, Scoot said:

The premier league delaying tactics are annoying but I'll tell you what is more annoying, the fact they're legally allowed to keep delaying. I mean what sort if fucking system is this shite?

This is where I am at. The whole thing is a piss take.

45 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We are getting there ........

tenor.gif

So true, if there was ever going to be a take over under Ashley, it was always going to be a messy drawn out affair. 

Might be wrong, but it reads to me like the document the PL really wanted to get access to related to the value of the club, and hence how much they would stand to lose if they lost the competition case.

If that's right, then despite the extension, the judge basically said that this isn't relevant to the actual rights or wrongs of your defence.

To my mind, it's an odd question for the PL to ask if you're confident of your case in the first place. I.e., how much will I have to pay?

Of course, I may well be misunderstanding all that, since I had a beer at lunchtime.

Irritated we’re likely going into the new season without a conclusion and given the last few weeks of results it also means it’ll likely be with Bruce.

I’m not sure I can be arsed to follow this all anymore. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Irritated we’re likely going into the new season without a conclusion and given the last few weeks of results it also means it’ll likely be with Bruce.

I’m not sure I can be arsed to follow this all anymore. 

There's no 'likely' about it, it absolutely will be Bruce and I think we can assume a contract extension will arrive at some point next season, even if just for a year. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

There's no 'likely' about it, it absolutely will be Bruce and I think we can assume a contract extension will arrive at some point next season, even if just for a year. 

I'm dumbfounded that people still think he won't be here next season. This is Sports Direct FC, the only way out is if you resign or you stay in the bottom three for a period of time, unless your name is Chris Hughton (Sam Allardyce doesn't count as Ashley hadn't ripped us apart yet and was a footballing decision).

Bruce won't leave without a payoff and Ashley won't give him one, so there it is in a nutshell.

I don't get why everyone is so negative about this news. We now know that arbitration is well underway and the hearing will be in July. We didn't even know whether it had started before today, or that it was an expedited process (in which a decision is typically made within 6 weeks of the hearing).

This means we will likely have a decision either just before or shortly after the start of the season, if the CAT case doesn't force a settlement before then. For the first time we have a pretty definite timescale.

Guest HTT II
43 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Might be wrong, but it reads to me like the document the PL really wanted to get access to related to the value of the club, and hence how much they would stand to lose if they lost the competition case.

If that's right, then despite the extension, the judge basically said that this isn't relevant to the actual rights or wrongs of your defence.

To my mind, it's an odd question for the PL to ask if you're confident of your case in the first place. I.e., how much will I have to pay?

Of course, I may well be misunderstanding all that, since I had a beer at lunchtime.

Surely they know the real or otherwise value if one of their member clubs?

16 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I don't get why everyone is so negative about this news. We now know that arbitration is well underway and the hearing will be in July. We didn't even know whether it had started before today, or that it was an expedited process (in which a decision is typically made within 6 weeks of the hearing).

This means we will likely have a decision either just before or shortly after the start of the season, if the CAT case doesn't force a settlement before then. For the first time we have a pretty definite timescale.

I am wondering why the PL haven't settled it already. I thought they would have thrown the towel in once it became clear that it was going to court. 

Just now, TRon said:

I am wondering why the PL haven't settled it already. I thought they would have thrown the towel in once it became clear that it was going to court. 

It isn't clear that the CAT case is going to court yet, they're challenging the jurisdiction of the case. If they lose that challenge they could conceivably throw in the towel at that point.

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

Because the people (those ‘positive threaders’) who have been saying this will happen, are talking shit. 

The PL are going to delay, delay, delay... and even if it gets to a position where they have to defend themselves, they will. They’re clearly unmoved and all of the noise created by people around this whole saga is nothing but that, noise.

Worth noting we opposed the extension. So thats 0/2 for court decisions now for the unbeatable legal team we have.

Arbitration in July. Decision probably in August. If that goes against us, years and years of legal arguments before it even gets heard. Fuck all chance of this happening. If the PL were going to fold, they would have by now.