Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Because the people (those ‘positive threaders’) who have been saying this will happen, are talking shit. 

The PL are going to delay, delay, delay... and even if it gets to a position where they have to defend themselves, they will. They’re clearly unmoved and all of the noise created by people around this whole saga is nothing but that, noise.

Worth noting we opposed the extension. So thats 0/2 for court decisions now for the unbeatable legal team we have.

Arbitration in July. Decision probably in August. If that goes against us, years and years of legal arguments before it even gets heard. Fuck all chance of this happening. If the PL were going to fold, they would have by now.

Bookmarked.

Edited by Whitley mag

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Because the people (those ‘positive threaders’) who have been saying this will happen, are talking shit. 

The PL are going to delay, delay, delay... and even if it gets to a position where they have to defend themselves, they will. They’re clearly unmoved and all of the noise created by people around this whole saga is nothing but that, noise.

Worth noting we opposed the extension. So thats 0/2 for court decisions now for the unbeatable legal team we have.

Arbitration in July. Decision probably in August. If that goes against us, years and years of legal arguments before it even gets heard. Fuck all chance of this happening. If the PL were going to fold, they would have by now.

It’s not 0-2 in court decisions, they wanted the evidence that the club has against them so they can prepare their defense and the judge fucked them off

Edited by nufcnick

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

It’s not 0-2 in court decisions, they wanted the evidence that the club has against them and the judge fucked them off

It’s not evidence against the PL. It’s MA’s assessment of his ‘loss’. Judge refused because it’s commercially sensitive. 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bookmarked.

Happy for you to print it out and fan my naked body with it if I’m wrong. Truly hope I am.

Sad reality is, despite all of your confidence and ‘waiting’, we’re still nowhere near a resolution.

Jacobs tweeting that MA is effectively stabbing around in the dark hoping to get a solid piece of evidence through disclosure.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

3 minutes ago, maze said:

How long does "Expedited Arbitration" usually last in the UK?

I’m not sure if the ‘expedited’ bit refers to how quickly it’s being arranged and heard, rather than the actual hearing itself.

Hoping someone with much more knowledge can confirm.

Sorry if this has been covered, but my understanding is the PL are trying to get the CAT case thrown out on the basis Arbitration covers everything raised in the CAT claim submitted by the club.

However, hasn't it previously been stated Arbitration is solely related to the PIF separation issue? If that's the case, i don't understand how the CAT case could be thrown out as it covers so much more than just PIF separation.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Happy for you to print it out and fan my naked body with it if I’m wrong. Truly hope I am.

Sad reality is, despite all of your confidence and ‘waiting’, we’re still nowhere near a resolution.

Jacobs tweeting that MA is effectively stabbing around in the dark hoping to get a solid piece of evidence through disclosure.

Yeah and bein jacobs is someone to listen too 

Just now, nufcnick said:

Yeah and bein jacobs is someone to listen too 

He’s been more accurate than most. People ignore him because he’s realistic, but he’s been on the money for a long time.

I’d rather listen to him then try and interpret a photo of rocks on a beach. Wasn’t NDM tweeting an open path only a week ago? Seems like he’s all over the place with his subliminal messages.

Ashley and his legal team will surely have fully expected this request for an extension by the PL. They know very well by now what kind of people they are dealing with and what tactics they are going to use, so today is hardly a win for the PL.

14 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

And how exactly would Jacobs know that? Is he privvy to some confidential information that nobody else is?

I have zero hope that this will happen as the PL are clearly desperate for it not to happen and will continue to make sure it dosen’t.  I just can’t get my head round why they are so desperate and going to these lengths to block a sale. It’s utterly bizarre. 

Edited by CalmintheChaos

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s been more accurate than most. People ignore him because he’s realistic, but he’s been on the money for a long time.

He's been on the money in terms of the takeover not happening yet. If that's being "on the money" then there are a lot of people who can make the same claim.

I can picture the scene now... in 2000 years time when MAs 39th Grandson finally sells the club to the emperor of the planet Zepselon 7, Whitley Mag pops head above a rock and says, "see, I told you it would happen!" Claiming some sort of fucking victory.

It might happen, it might not happen. There is zero chance any fucker on here has anything other than a guess. 

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

And how exactly would Jacobs know that? Is he privvy to some confidential information that nobody else is?

He clearly has PL sources. Just as Kennedy has consortium sources.

If his confidence changed, it’d be worth listening to as it means the PL feel their position has changed.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

He's been on the money in terms of the takeover not happening yet. If that's being "on the money" then there are a lot of people who can make the same claim.

He was one of the first to report issues with the takeover, when everyone else was telling us to #wait.

He has also been consistent about arbitration not taking place yet, when others where telling us to #wait as we’re nearly there.

He clearly has PL sources. Just as Kennedy has consortium sources.

If his confidence changed, it’d be worth listening to as it means the PL feel their position has changed.

But you choose to regard Jacobs' sources higher than Kennedy's? Right.

He was one of the first to report issues with the takeover, when everyone else was telling us to #wait.

He has also been consistent about arbitration not taking place yet, when others where telling us to #wait as we’re nearly there.

It didnt take a genius to work either of those things out either.

I'm on the fence as to whether this goes through, but Jacobs has no clue. Just like everyone else. He's riding the wave of clicks to promote his online presence.

Jacobs is just a mouthpiece for BEIN and the PL. 

If the PL want to publicly announce that everything is fine and under control while their stall is on fire, they'll just tell Jacobs. 

He'll tweet what ever he gets told and make out its from his own opinion, over the course of 20 tweets containing nothing really ground breaking... 

Kennedy is being sold the same dream Caulkin was. With fuck all to show for it.

All in your opinion. Clearly, you are on the negative side of the fence. Fair enough, but there is fuck all to show that the PL will win. Nobody, absolutely nobody, knows what is going on behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I am wondering why the PL haven't settled it already. I thought they would have thrown the towel in once it became clear that it was going to court. 

Yep. Allow it or reject it.
If they are so confident, tell the Consortium that they've failed the ODT test.