Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Jawdaw said:

I was thinking something similar. There’s like a drip, drip, drip of positive stuff happening. Might be nothing of course but there does seem to be a little more positive rather than negative news at the minute. Here’s hoping. 🤞

Ffs :lol: De Marco doesn’t tweet hints. People just see hints that fit in to their thinking. Newcastle United isn’t his life, we aren’t his only case or even the only football club he has as a client. Enough. it’s embarrassing 

Edited by gdm

42 minutes ago, Robster said:

What is it with us and fucking useless PFM's bleeding us for millions then spunking it on big houses.
Wonder what Bruce will call his. The House of Lards, I'll go for.

Old Round House

All this "Ashley Confident" shit just smacks of last ditch pressure on the PL imo, raise fan expectation, get more people talking about it etc. so they get more stick when it doesn't go through. I checked the thread title so i'm going to be negative with confidence.

1 minute ago, Ando7 said:

It's about to kick off soon folks,grab a seat,belt up and enjoy the ride,the Premier league aren't gonna know what awaits,keep the faith.

they will though won’t they due to disclosure? 

1 minute ago, Ando7 said:

It's about to kick off soon folks,grab a seat,belt up and enjoy the ride,the Premier league aren't gonna know what awaits,keep the faith.

I'd rather it didn't kick off at all tbh. I'm clinging to the idea that a deal is in the offing so that any legal shenannigans can be avoided.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I'd rather it didn't kick off at all tbh. I'm clinging to the idea that a deal is in the offing so that any legal shenannigans can be avoided.

That's my hope as well. Going to court is the last chance saloon

12 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Don’t mean to be funny but what does that even mean? Canny sound bite tho :thup:

basically arbitration starts soon? Aye we know 

Edited by gdm

Bit weird this thread has turned all positive while the other positive thread all this while, with the usual clique, has suddenly gone eerily quiet. I swear they used to post anything positive in there that sometimes seemed out of place on a Newcastle forum but still.....

Edited by nufcjb

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

Don’t mean to be funny but what does that even mean? Canny sound bite tho :thup:

basically arbitration starts soon? Aye we know 

Fucking hell man, as soon as someone posts the merest hint of positivity up you pop to piss all over it. 

Edited by FloydianMag

8 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Bit weird this thread has turned all positive while the other positive thread all this while, with the usual clique, has suddenly gone eerily quiet. I swear they used to post anything positive in there that sometimes seemed out of place on a Newcastle forum but still.....

We don't need two threads, that's it.

1 hour ago, Consortium of one said:

The last time we started getting little indicators we were all severely disappointed.  Still, I'm close to emotionally investing in this.

Similar here. And I don't buy for a second that the noises coming from Ashley's camp are to appease the fans or put pressure on the PL. For a start, we have known for a very long time that he doesn't give a fuck what we think. And secondly, the noises being leaked are more likely to antagonise the PL and make them even more obstinate. No, he's leaking the news because he really believes he has them over a barrel. Whether or not he is delusional in that thought process, we shall soon find out.