Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Not being negative or positive here just a general query. Where does Rafa having further talks with Everton and clearly wanting the Everton job fit in with all these rumours that it’s nearly done? 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/everton-step-up-rafa-benitez-talks-as-interest-in-nuno-espirito-santo-appears-to-cool-s09q5dj3g

he’s either not that fussed about us like everyone thought or the takeover isn’t close at all and he’s taking what’s available. Seems strange people getting hyped about a de Marco tweet or a rumour from a barber but willing to just ignore the consortium’s number one target about to go elsewhere 

Because we’re all basically bullshitting about what’s really going on. We haven’t a clue and in all reality we could be in September reading about Bruce’s injury crisis plunging the club into a relegation battle just as much as we’re waffling on about rumours and Twitter pics of shops and barriers meaning the takeover is close. 

33 minutes ago, gdm said:

Not being negative or positive here just a general query. Where does Rafa having further talks with Everton and clearly wanting the Everton job fit in with all these rumours that it’s nearly done? 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/everton-step-up-rafa-benitez-talks-as-interest-in-nuno-espirito-santo-appears-to-cool-s09q5dj3g

he’s either not that fussed about us like everyone thought or the takeover isn’t close at all and he’s taking what’s available. Seems strange people getting hyped about a de Marco tweet or a rumour from a barber but willing to just ignore the consortium’s number one target about to go elsewhere 

Aye that’s is not a good sign, if he goes there. 

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye that’s is not a good sign, if he goes there. 

Just the fact he’s in talks with them isn’t a great sign for the takeover tbh.
It’s as I expect, ignoring all the bullshit and supposed confidence we are where we have always been - Waiting on the result of arbitration which really could go either way 

strap in etc :rolleyes:

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon

Do any of us know if Rafa is their number one target if it happens? They might have someone else in mind.

Rafa returning could be a bullshit rumour, so maybe don’t believe that one either.

Edited by reefatoon

If I were him I’d be talking to them as well. In his doorstep, in the prem, ambitious and have money. If he’s even considering holding off for this basket case of a club shows he does want to be here. Rafa works best when he’s loved by the fans, even if Everton accept him they’ll never love him. Not like here, Liverpool or Valencia. 

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Do any of us know if Rafa is their number one target if it happens? They might have someone else in mind.

Rafa returning could be a bullshit rumour, so maybe don’t believe that one either.

:thup:

Using a rumour to disprove other rumours is a stretch. 

12 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

To be fair the PL never gave any indication there were any red flags because even the Government thought it was going through. 

Little be known the PL were just stalling, and that was the very start of them doing so. 

The govt. or Johnson?

I only ask because what Johnson understands is generally far from the truth. Just ask Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Very widely reported. Sure caulkin said it too, I’m sure he talks to both sides. Add the fact Rafa been in constant contact with Newcastle players etc. 

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon
Just now, gdm said:

Very widely reported. Sure caulkin said it too who talks to both sides. Add the fact Rafa been in constant contact with Newcastle players etc. 

All rumours still. No different to any of the others you perceive as bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

All rumours still. No different to any of the others you perceive as bullshit. 

Caulkin who we know talks to both Staveley & Rafa writing it in a reputable outlet like the Athletic is a little more substantial than interpreting a De Marco tweet and someone’s mate’s barber ffs. Mon tae fuck man, it’s vastly different  :lol: 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

The govt. or Johnson?

I only ask because what Johnson understands is generally far from the truth. Just ask Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

It was some Lord (can't remember his name) who was told it would be done "in the next few days", who then passed that info to Johnson who then replied "excellent" 

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Caulkin who we know talks to both Staveley & Rafa writing it in a reputable outlet like the Athletic is a little more substantial than interpreting a De Marco tweet and someone’s mate’s barber ffs. Mon tae fuck man, it’s vastly different  :lol: 

It is no indication at all that the takeover isn’t happening though. It’s believing selected things to back up a position you have. It’s the same thing you vilify other people for. The takeover won’t be decided on if Rafa goes to Everton. Nobody knows if he is their main target or anything. Like everything else, it’s all just pure speculation.

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

Very widely reported. Sure caulkin said it too, I’m sure he talks to both sides. Add the fact Rafa been in constant contact with Newcastle players etc. 

It’s also been reported that the consortium has had other manager targets, including Paulo Fonseca. Until something definite happens either way, everything is obviously rumours. You so seem to sway towards any negativity surrounding the takeover though, despite always protesting innocence. 

I'd be very surprised if Rafa went to Everton. He is very media savvy so I think he is just using the "talks" to keep his name high profile. I doubt if either party is serious about the appointment happening.

One thing is for sure though, Evertonians are almost unanimously opposed to it. If he wants a long term project he'd be looking at the wrong club IMO.

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It is no indication at all that the takeover isn’t happening though. It’s believing selected things to back up a position you have. It’s the same thing you vilify other people for. The takeover won’t be decided on if Rafa goes to Everton. Nobody knows if he is their main target or anything. Like everything else, it’s all just pure speculation.

I haven’t said it indicates the takeover isn’t happening tho have i? I’ve said it’s not close like being are getting carried away with

53 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s as I expect, ignoring all the bullshit and supposed confidence we are where we have always been - Waiting on the result of arbitration which really could go either way 

I say here which you and manxst chose to ignore. It could still go either way 

Edited by gdm

I don't think Rafa going elsewhere necessarily tells us anything about our takeover. Though I'm sure he'd happily return and could be monitoring the situation, even in contact with the would-be owners, I must admit that the notion that he's waiting just for us has always seemed a bit far-fetched to me. Everton would be a great move for him, particularly given his personal circumstances. 

18 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s also been reported that the consortium has had other manager targets, including Paulo Fonseca. Until something definite happens either way, everything is obviously rumours. You so seem to sway towards any negativity surrounding the takeover though, despite always protesting innocence. 

Just coz I don’t get giddy about a de Marco tweet and take a realistic view on it means I sway towards negativity? Ok cool. 

For months I’ve been reading the giddy ones like manor park telling us rafa is waiting it out, Rafa won’t take another job coz the takeover happening. Well he’s talking to other clubs and me pointing it out makes me negative then fair enough. 

I’ll repeat I stand where I’ve always stood it’s with arbitration and until they decide what’s happening then we just won’t know. Ashley can be as confident as he likes, I’m sure he’s been confident on red many a time and it’s came up black 

Edited by gdm

Aye, don't think Rafa going elsewhere is indicative of anything takeover wise.

At the end if the day the man's ultimately a professionas, so he's got a choice to go to a cloob which fits his profile now or wait it out for a takeover to go through (or not) at a time where the likelihood of other suitable jobs being available should the takeover not go through is minimal.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just coz I don’t get giddy about a de Marco tweet and take a realistic view on it means I sway towards negativity? Ok cool. 

For months I’ve been reading the giddy ones like manor park telling us rafa is waiting it out, Rafa won’t take another job coz the takeover happening. Well he’s talking to other clubs and me pointing it out makes me negative then fair enough. 

I’ll repeat I’m stand where I’ve always stood it’s with arbitration and until they decide what’s happening then we just won’t know. Ashley can be as confident as he likes, I’m sure he’s been confident on red many a time and it’s came up black 

Only a select few get ‘giddy’, as you quaintly phrase it, over the tweets etc. As far as I can see, you just constantly prey on the possibly negative side. Imo. Stand where you want. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Only a select few get ‘giddy’, as you quaintly phrase it, over the tweets etc. As far as I can see, you just constantly prey on the possibly negative side. Imo. Stand where you want. 

You perceive it to be negative that’s your problem not mine. I’ve repeatedly said no one knows what way it’s gonna go not even the people on either side so what’s the point getting excited about silly rumour only to be let down again. 

if you don’t like my cautious realistic down the middle stance then again tough shit that’s your problem not mine

Edited by gdm