Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Is there any likelihood that we will be able to see the evidence submitted by the PL which outlines their argument for why it shouldn't go to CAT? Presume not, given we're ten days past their deadline to submit? 

Will some form of communication come out from CAT, stipulating either: "we reject the PL's argument, CAT will proceed," or "we accept the PL's argument, off you fuck to arbitration."? 

Or are we just gonna sit here in the default and super-fun position of not knowing wtf's going on forever more? 

@B-more Mag sorry for tagging you again. :lol:

It looks like the CAT doesn't post the parties' written filings (at least I haven't seen any in any of the cases that I've pulled up where it has entered a ruling based, at least in part, on what would have been written submissions), but as @Jackie Broon points out, as far as hearings go, the CAT is very transparent (you can watch hearings and hearing transcripts are posted). The CAT's decision on the PL's challenge of the CAT's jurisdiction will be filed at some point, and that should give us a fairly good idea of what the PL submitted and what, if anything, Ashley's company submitted or submits. I'm a bit skeptical of the rumors that the CAT has already decided, as the CAT's guidance on the CAT rules says: "Any application to dispute the jurisdiction will usually be set down for oral hearing by a Chairman sitting alone." But "usually" doesn't mean "always", so maybe/hopefully this is an exception.

Edited by B-more Mag

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Cheers, Jackie. :thup:  Seems feasible that we should get an update at some point this month, then. That said, fuck knows how quickly they get through their admin. 

They seem pretty quick with their admin, I'd expect some sort of update this week, either a judgement (if the rumours are true) or a date for the hearing. 

51 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

What time is the CAT ruling being released today? 

Who said anything was happening today? Some cunt on twitter?

The only one mentioning it, is you...

Not posted this in the other thread to prevent the softies getting all upset…

Isn’t this a load of bollocks and the jurisdiction challenge will have a hearing/outcome? I thought the legal eagles on here confirmed that. 

I mean it’d be totally out of character for Keith to be wrong, but it sounds unusual that there would be no output.

Edited by Fantail Breeze