Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

46 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Happens every week not and I get that people have views both positive and negative, but it’s neatly the same disagreements each time. When was the last time we even had any actual information coming out? A good few weeks ago. I honestly don’t thing we will hear anything official for a few weeks either.

It's bellends calling out the "other" threads and then bitching when they come over to retaliate that is particularly silly. 

I’m staying away from the pointless arguments but all I’ll say is if people continue to post rumours that are obviously a load of shit they can’t then get offended when someone points out that it’s a load of shit. 

that not606 has more roasters than this place has 

I’ve decided I’m gonna try be more positive but there’s so little info coming out it’s impossible to make a judgement either way.

Anyway as you were 

Edited by gdm

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Happens every week and I get that people have views both positive and negative, but it’s nearly always the same disagreements each time. When was the last time we even had any actual information coming out? A good few weeks ago. I honestly don’t think we will hear anything official for a few weeks either.

It's the same people over and over again so it's actually an easily fixable problem. Throw warnings at them, temp bans or whatever until they shape up and act like adults - or if they don't take the hint that warnings/temp-bans should give them, they get permabanned. There's no need for it to escalate time and time again. I miss Dave. 

Edited by Kaizero

11 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

When i said it was nonsense yesterday people instantly disagreed and said there was no way of knowing it was untrue? Hopefully one of them will reply.

9 hours ago, Kaizero said:

You literally just made up a backstory for allowing yourself to be negative, as proven by there being nothing of the sort form page 245 onward. You can't back up any points you bring up beyond wanting to rile people up. In essence, you bring nothing to discussion and you derail threads - it is highly annoying. This should've been dealt with ages ago and perhaps the takeover threads wouldn't have to be closed all the time.

Not sure what page you were looking on, but took me two minutes to see the three posts he was talking about.

35 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m staying away from the pointless arguments but all I’ll say is if people continue to post rumours that are obviously a load of shit they can’t then get offended when someone points out that it’s a load of shit. 

that not606 has more roasters than this place has 

I’ve decided I’m gonna try be more positive but there’s so little info coming out it’s impossible to make a judgement either way.

Anyway as you were 

Here in lies the problem gdm. People don’t want it to be recognised when a bullshit rumour/fake itk turns out to be bollocks.

It’s okay to discuss them for days, but when they’re proven wrong, apparently you need to pretend it never happened.

If you do try and point out it was wrong, the same folk come bundling in crying about it and claiming you’re the problem :lol: 

This forum cannot deal with non-positive news, in either thread. It’s completely and utterly weird. Unless you want to fall in line and not challenge/discuss anything, you’re not welcome to post about the takeover.

They have their own thread for their weird conspiracy theories, but still come in here to whinge and moan on a daily basis whenever they see a post they don’t like.

Then all of a sudden it’s my fault, or Joey’s fault, or someone else’s fault… because they can’t help but react for no reason whatsoever.

Honestly either way the decision can’t come quick enough. We (pretty much) all want the same thing. 

it’s clear all Ashley’s eggs are in this takeover basket. Not worth thinking about it all this fails. 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Not sure what page you were looking on, but took me two minutes to see the three posts he was talking about.

It was a pretty obvious attempt at wumming from him combined with a thinly veiled attempt at getting me banned. Pathetic really. Have put him on ignore though, so hopefully that's the end of it. 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Here in lies the problem gdm. People don’t want it to be recognised when a bullshit rumour/fake itk turns out to be bollocks.

It’s okay to discuss them for days, but when they’re proven wrong, apparently you need to pretend it never happened.

If you do try and point out it was wrong, the same folk come bundling in crying about it and claiming you’re the problem :lol: 

This forum cannot deal with non-positive news, in either thread. It’s completely and utterly weird. Unless you want to fall in line and not challenge/discuss anything, you’re not welcome to post about the takeover.

They have their own thread for their weird conspiracy theories, but still come in here to whinge and moan on a daily basis whenever they see a post they don’t like.

Then all of a sudden it’s my fault, or Joey’s fault, or someone else’s fault… because they can’t help but react for no reason whatsoever.

This is a really good summary of the problem on here at the moment. It's nobody's fault it isn't happening other than the buyers for walking away or the premier league for "blocking it" whichever you choose to believe. 

It’s a weekly cycle. Some are more than happy to buy into the positivity and baseless rumours early in the week but then inevitably the weekend comes and all the things those oddballs on Twitter said didn’t come true leaving a lot of pissed off forum members with an equal amount of people who are happy to troll them.

This has been going on for well over a year so we should be used to it by now.

Guest reefatoon
34 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

It’s a weekly cycle. Some are more than happy to buy into the positivity and baseless rumours early in the week but then inevitably the weekend comes and all the things those oddballs on Twitter said didn’t come true leaving a lot of pissed off forum members with an equal amount of people who are happy to troll them.

This has been going on for well over a year so we should be used to it by now.

The thing is though, nobody is pissed off about it. Everyone knows that the tweets are pure guesswork and full of shite, nobody is holding them gospel, it’s just something to talk about light heartedly. This seems to completely go over the head of a selected few  “realists” as they like to call themselves who seem to not be able to grasp the fact that it’s just nothing serious. And for them to get so wound up about it is the weirdest thing ever. I don’t take any of the random tweets seriosusly, but it’s fine to still talk about it without the attention whores getting their knickers in a twist. 

Edited by reefatoon

12 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

The thing is though, nobody is pissed off about it. Everyone knows that the tweets are pure guesswork and full of shite, nobody is holding them gospel, it’s just something to talk about light heartedly. This seems to completely go over the head of a selected few  “realists” as they like to call themselves who seem to not be able to grasp the fact that it’s just nothing serious. And for them to get so wound up about it is the weirdest thing ever. I don’t take any of the random tweets seriosusly, but it’s fine to still talk about it without the attention whores getting their knickers in a twist. 

:clap:

8 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

You might not but some absolutely do which I just find funny tbh :lol: 

I just let them get on with it now they are only disappointing themselves 

Edited by gdm

4 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

All in the fairly obvious context of generally being anti JL'a contributions moreso than someone genuinely believing burnsie. If they were to genuinely believe burnsie, that's a different can of worms to open.

21 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

All in the fairly obvious context of generally being anti JL'a contributions moreso than someone genuinely believing burnsie. If they were to genuinely believe burnsie, that's a different can of worms to open.

That’s not what @Joey Lintonsaid. He said:

“When i said it was nonsense yesterday people instantly disagreed and said there was no way of knowing it was untrue? Hopefully one of them will reply.“

Which is exactly what those posts say.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

38 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

:lol: Good old Keith. 

I see Ashley’s completely normal practice of delaying the publication of accounts has got everyone excited for no reason.

It MUST be takeover related (apart from the fact he does it every year).

He's not delaying them this year though, he's changing them. 

And they were always filed by April/May time until last year when they were early June. 

So slight difference in approach

7 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

He's not delaying them this year though, he's changing them. 

And they were always filed by April/May time until last year when they were early June. 

So slight difference in approach

Pretty sure I remember that being a Covid thing, that everyone could do?