Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

I know most won’t like it. Sorry 

Well he is already wrong there as I believe the O+D test has been ran on the other members of consortium and the only one that hasnt is the Saudi state... which WHEN they win arbitration that part becomes removed

2 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Well he is already wrong there as I believe the O+D test has been ran on the other members of consortium and the only one that hasnt is the Saudi state... which WHEN they win arbitration that part becomes removed

Very contrasting reports on whether or not that is the case though.

5 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

I think he's probably wrong that a new O&D test submission would be needed, I think the PL would have to continue with the one that was submitted if they lose the arbitration, and/or that it would take a long time. But he is right that the test was never carried out on the other proposed directors, that was confirmed in the high court judgement.

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

I know most won’t like it. Sorry 

He knows as much as that Burnsie character. Notice he has gone from "it's dead and not happening" to "it wont happen before transfer window closes".

He's a completely discredited bullshitter.

23 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

Which surely means that the takeover can proceed to the exchange of contracts and SD 50% off vouchers?

I mean come on!!! Where does he get this crap.... As if MA would spend millions on Legal Fees just to get out of spending on transfers!!! Either way he is still spending!!! There is one reason he is spending  and that is to get the 300+ from the sale and damages etc!

Edwards is such a wanker. He's actually upset that NUFC fans are staying level headed and not complaining about a lack of spending money on new players. Why? Because it's giving him nothing to write about, that's why.

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

July 1st, man. Fuck.

We're stuck with Bruce and Ashley for a decent chunk of this season aren't we? At least.  :weep:

I think we're going to see the transfer window slam shut without anything happening so I don't hold up much hope of us being clear of the relegation zone before it opens again

42 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I think he's probably wrong that a new O&D test submission would be needed, I think the PL would have to continue with the one that was submitted if they lose the arbitration, and/or that it would take a long time. But he is right that the test was never carried out on the other proposed directors, that was confirmed in the high court judgement.

Was it not said the O&D test was refused at one point? Not sure if he is right but that could be an explanation.

16 hours ago, RS said:

Nail in coffin?  Last straws being grasped? Who’s the next manager us deluded fools are thinking is waiting for the glorious takeover?

if they really want Benitez once (if) the takeover goes through I have no doubt they will buy out his contract at Everton! 

15 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

NUFC might have thought so. Just like the PL think challenging jurisdiction is a necessary delay. 

Your argument falters a bit because we were told so strongly after NUFC failed in that case that it wasn’t a problem and it was likely to fail. The point being, if NUFC wanted to progress quickly, they didn’t need to challenge.

It also doesn’t answer why NUFC delayed to lodge the CAT case.

and you are missing the point that by challenging the appointment of Beloff they ensured that he will have to be completely impartial.  Any hint of illegally favouring the EPL case will be grounds to have that decision overturned on appeal 

The only other point to make is Edwards is probably posting this through Bruce’s frustration. As his media mouthpiece, it’s quite likely that Patsy isn’t too happy about the lack of business.

:memelol:

Can’t wait until December when the sale is put on hold because of a relegation battle. 

21 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Was it not said the O&D test was refused at one point? Not sure if he is right but that could be an explanation.

Ashley said the O&D test had been refused in September, which the PL then denied.

The PL's 'decision letter' from 12th June 2020 is included in the high court judgement. It basically says that they had made a provisional conclusion that the KSA would be a person in control of the club but would take into account any other submissions from the club before making a final decision, after which they would go forward with the test on the other directors if that decision were that the KSA would not be in control. But it seems that they never actually made that final decision and instead insisted on arbitration. 

"From the information you have provided, [PLL] is provisionally minded to conclude that KSA satisfies both elements in the test for “Control” over [NUFC] through its control over PIF (which, as noted, recognises that it will be a Director). In summary: 1. As to management, … PIF’s directors are appointed by Royal Decree, and its current board is almost exclusively composed of KSA Government Ministers. The PIF Law puts [it] expressly under the direction of … a KSA Government Ministry. Its function is to serve the national interest of KSA. 2. As to ownership, it would appear that PIF is state-owned, and that it manages only state-owned assets.

Again, if you disagree with either of these provisional conclusions, we would welcome your reasoned response. Following receipt of any submissions, [PLL] will fully consider them before reaching a final decision on the issues.

If [PLL] then decides that KSA will not become a Director, then it will proceed to a decision on the application of Section [F] to the individuals who have been declared, including PIF. However, should the Board decide that KSA is also to be regarded as a future Director, then there will have to be a declaration in respect of KSA and the Board’s decision on the application of [Section F] will have to be made in respect of KSA also.”

13 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Ashley said the O&D test had been refused in September, which the PL then denied.

The PL's 'decision letter' from 12th June 2020 is included in the high court judgement. It basically says that they had made a provisional conclusion that the KSA would be a person in control of the club but would take into account any other submissions from the club before making a final decision, after which they would go forward with the test on the other directors if that decision were that the KSA would not be in control. But it seems that they never actually made that final decision and instead insisted on arbitration. 

"From the information you have provided, [PLL] is provisionally minded to conclude that KSA satisfies both elements in the test for “Control” over [NUFC] through its control over PIF (which, as noted, recognises that it will be a Director). In summary: 1. As to management, … PIF’s directors are appointed by Royal Decree, and its current board is almost exclusively composed of KSA Government Ministers. The PIF Law puts [it] expressly under the direction of … a KSA Government Ministry. Its function is to serve the national interest of KSA. 2. As to ownership, it would appear that PIF is state-owned, and that it manages only state-owned assets.

Again, if you disagree with either of these provisional conclusions, we would welcome your reasoned response. Following receipt of any submissions, [PLL] will fully consider them before reaching a final decision on the issues.

If [PLL] then decides that KSA will not become a Director, then it will proceed to a decision on the application of Section [F] to the individuals who have been declared, including PIF. However, should the Board decide that KSA is also to be regarded as a future Director, then there will have to be a declaration in respect of KSA and the Board’s decision on the application of [Section F] will have to be made in respect of KSA also.”

So if PIF is found to be separate from KSA the PL will carry out the O&D on PCP and the Reubens.  Any bets taken that one of them will fail the O&D test?  

52 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

if they really want Benitez once (if) the takeover goes through I have no doubt they will buy out his contract at Everton! 

I know this is tongue in cheek but if it wasn’t it’s the perfect example of the desperation in our fan base. 

44 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

and you are missing the point that by challenging the appointment of Beloff they ensured that he will have to be completely impartial.  Any hint of illegally favouring the EPL case will be grounds to have that decision overturned on appeal 

You probably need to read what the judge actually said about the challenge. He said there were absolutely no concerns about the appointment, so in reality they've "ensured" nothing. His position is one of complete impartiality according to the judge. 

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/newcastle-united-loses-bid-to-have-top-lawyer-recused-from-arbitration/5107720.article

Edited by Joey Linton