Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

They want to win the case. Simple as that. Everything else is secondary. 

Absolutely they do. But if they are 100% innocent all this noise is damaging their brand and image. They absolutely do not want that and the perfect response would be to let people see they are not at fault. 

I mean it's like an innocent person being questioned with a murder charge sit there and say "no comment" to everything. 

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So like, what dafuq does this mean.

It looks like Mike is posturing before the hearing. Both parties will sling plenty of dirt in the coming weeks, very little of it will be relevant or it'd go before the panel.

38 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Luke Edwards now seems to be saying these are desperation tactics.

As opposed to yesterday, when there was no takeover at all, and this was all just a smokescreen to avoid spending money on transfers.

Regardless of what that click-baiting fool thinks, I'd like full transparency on all of this too.

Luke Edwards is a desperation tactic.

Edited by Stifler

21 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I get why the club might want it done in public, but can anyone explain why the Premier league would ever go for that? 

To prove they aren't hiding anything?

30 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

You the one who sounds desperate there defending your points.

No one knows the motive or where the fuck it's at. I'm just posting how I interpreted it or is that not allowed. It is impossible to truly judge and second guess whether its positive or negative.

11 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Waiting for the formal legal processes to conclude is what I know.

I do think it'll go through but no timescales can be put on the deal.  

Fuck knows why this always happens quoting my last message. But to be this means fuck all with no Rafa fuck it Rafa knows

18 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

No, i mean why would the Premier League ever say "yeah ok" to something in which they are effectively a defendant? 

Because it would show them to be honest, fair, virtuous, non discriminatory, and non prejudiced or influenced by outside sources…..lol. 

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

No one knows the motive or where the fuck it's at. I'm just posting how I interpreted it or is that not allowed. It is impossible to truly judge and second guess whether its positive or negative.

This is it.

No fucker apart those very very close to this have no idea what this means.  The cynic in me is it's Mike Ashley just reminding fans that he wants this done, however as other have said rightly it could be putting more pressure on the PL.

Edited by neesy111

1 minute ago, Abacus said:

I thought we'd agreed there was a perfectly valid reason to delay those accounts?

There is. 

From the Premier League's perspective there's a perfectly valid reason to not hold the arbitration in public. 

That statement reads like a warning to me. Get this over the line or the whole shit show will end up in the public domain. Notice how government intervention and the recent handling of the ESL is prominently mentioned. Reads to me like Ashley saying he has the ear of the government.

Written in the rules, I do understand the need for privacy. The line about "both parties can agree" is interesting as I didn't know that. 

"The proceedings of an arbitration convened under this Section X shall be confidential and shall be conducted in private" / Section X : Arbitration

Just now, Abacus said:

Why?

Because its of no benefit to them when it comes to winning or losing. The evidence will be heard by those making the final decision regardless of whether it's also done in public. And the rules dictate that its done in private by default. 

Also, the statement refers to the legality of the decision making process.

That's a clear reference to the CAT case, I'd have said.

It's like a penalty shoot out!

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Because its of no benefit to them when it comes to winning or losing. The evidence will be heard by those making the final decision regardless of whether it's also done in public. And the rules dictate that its done in private by default. 

But what I mean is, why wouldn't they want the decision and the reasons behind it to be transparent in that case?

If the government can’t convince them(EPL) no one will , fuk me man let it go .

I will shave my nipples if this goes through , it looks a million miles off .

Just now, Abacus said:

But what I mean is, why wouldn't they want the decision and the reasons behind it to be transparent in that case?

Because their legal team don't see it as being beneficial i would imagine. 

1 minute ago, GWN said:

If the government can’t convince them(EPL) no one will , fuk me man let it go .

I will shave my nipples if this goes through , it looks a million miles off .

And Rafa 

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Gut instict says this is bad, if it was happening, why would they need to release that statement etc.

Not that i have a clue.

The thing is no one knows how this will end but with statements like this they put even more pressure on the PL. De Marco is clearly behind this.